Anyone want to join me? Awaiting Mortgage decision...

Options

Comments

• Jeden
    Jeden Posts: 69 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    @Chanlf91 - So after getting extremely frustrated with our brokers lack of pro activeness we spoke directly to Aldermore who said they are still waiting for the direct debit mandate, signed application declaration, and my wifes pay slips and p60's, which they requsted on the 19th.

Needless to say I was furious yesterday and called our brokers to ask them what the hell was going on. They said they'd definitely sent them and they would check . Half an hour later I get a call from our broker saying that they have got them they just couldn't open them as the PDF was too big. Which from working in IT sounds like a bit of bull to cover themselves, but I will give them the benefit of the doubt for now.

It's just infuriating that it took me to call them to find this issue out when they've been waiting for a whole week to look at documents.

The valuation is taking place today and hopefully I will know more by Monday, however I've got a feeling this may drag on for another week or two.
  • Chanlf91
    Chanlf91 Posts: 38 Forumite
    Options
    @Jeden

Oh no sounds like a nightmare. I'd be frustrated too! I hate the delays! We've just been asked for further documents! I can't understand why they can't ask for them in 1 go. They've had bank statements a week, on Tuesday they requested originals and now they're asking for a statement from something which is on OH bank statement (he's paying £10 a month to a £170 debt?!) I was mad at OH as he should have just paid it straight off! I'm such a pessimist though so I keep thinking that everything they're asking for is to knock us back. I don't even think they're close to booking valuation yet!

Fingers crossed that after valuation, they'll get everything sorted for you and you'll have an offer soon!
  • FTBNow
    FTBNow Posts: 146 Forumite
    edited 27 April 2018 at 2:41PM
    Options
    Not much news today for us (as expected) from Santander, except advisor asking for details about the gift deposit from a parent (name, amount and so on) but no requests for further documentation yet aside from this.

Still nervous for the "hard" check considering my 3-month blip in an otherwise flawless credit record, but the advisor keeps telling me that I've passed the DIP with Santander which is 90% of the battle as they credit score then too. Is this true? I always figured (and I think i also read) it was a soft search.
  • lena_halo
    lena_halo Posts: 164 Forumite
    Options
    Feel like we've been waiting forever for our offer! It's nearly a month since our application was sent to Nationwide, although last Friday they did request an additional payslip from myself (not my partner though?! But we sent both) through our broker and I've spoken with him today and he says they are still going through the paperwork and will let him know within the next 48 hours (so probably Monday).

The wait is making me anxious, I hope it's good news :o
  • gjheward91
    gjheward91 Posts: 118 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    No update my end.... My application is still locked, Barclays BDM is back Monday who has more access than others, so should be able to re-open the case to issue the offer!
  • nervousFTB_2
    Options
    Just adding my time line as have just got our mortgage offer letter today :j
    We applied with Halifax on the 18/4 through a broker who submitted our application along with P60s, 3 months pay slips and bank statements and proof of deposits. Our valuation was booked for the 26/4 and she called us a few ours later to tell us they had offered us the full mortgage and two days later we have our offer letter. No messing around and no asking for more details it really couldnt have gone smoother. Apparantly the solicitors has been busy in the background so pretty much done and we will discuss exchange and completion dates this week :-)
  • Noobie2011
    Noobie2011 Posts: 292 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thought I would add my situation to the list with a Natwest Mortgage and really on edge now waiting the final decision.

DIP accepted with Natwest through a broker on 6th April
    Full Application on 9th April
    Valuation fee taken on the 11th April
    Valuation booked for the 26th April
    Valuation accepted on the 27th April
    Now awaiting final decision of an offer or not.

We have less than perfect credit scores so really nervous but hoping in the 2 weeks we were waiting for the valuer to go out that they have already assesed us and we are fine as why wait to check us after the valuation so fingers crossed
  • Jeden
    Jeden Posts: 69 Forumite
    Options
    @chanlf91 - Builders called me Friday to say the survey/valuation has been completed and will be with the lender by the end of the day. Hoping for an offer early part of this week.

The builders have let us delay paying for the upgrades until the end of the week so just got to hope they pull their fingers out this week and get the offer to us.

They have t requested bank statements as of yet and only asked for our payslips and p60’s. I’m hoping they won’t request them due us is falling nearly 150k inside affordability even with outgoings.

Any further new for you guys?
  • Chanlf91
    Chanlf91 Posts: 38 Forumite
    Options
    @Jeden

Oh good I'm glad everything's going smoothly for you. Hopefully you'll have your offer this week! Have you instructed a solicitor yet?

We gave our broker an up to date bank statement and a letter about a small debt my partner is paying off ( £10 a month £90 left). Our broker seems pretty confident about our application which reassures me a little. Hopefully the next we'll hear is the valuation being booked!

My OH is friends with the estate agents aswell and they're keeping us updated. They told us last week that our vendor has just had her offer rejected but she is needing to move towns in the next 3 months for work.

At the minute I'm wishing away the weekends as I hate this not knowing!

Keep us all updated and don't forget to let us know when you've got your offer this week :D
  • monz
    monz Posts: 4,129 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud! Stoptober Survivor
    Options
    Applied with HSBC on phone - 25th April
    Mortgage advisor appointment - 27th April
    Awaiting outcome underwriters currently.

Does anyone else have experience with them :)
    Debt (1/9/14) £6,702.11 Debt free (30/11/2016) mortgage port- £70,077.82 and mortgage £126,517.39 o/s currently
    Debt - £17,190.83 (29/7/22) now (19/8/22) £16,688.80
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure