Anyone want to join me? Awaiting Mortgage decision...

Options

Comments

• happytails
    happytails Posts: 1,554 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    beko1994 wrote: »
    We got our mortgage offer the same day the valuation was done so hopefully you will have word by the end of the day, Let us know how it goes

Thats good to know -who was that with?

We have the valuation Weds and Id love to get our mortgage offer this week so the same day would be awesome! (i hate waiting)
    DFW Total £21,800 to clear by Dec 2022
    MFW Total £184,950 £179,066 to clear by 2035
  • beko1994
    beko1994 Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    happytails wrote: »

We have the valuation Weds and Id love to get our mortgage offer this week so the same day would be awesome! (i hate waiting)

Ours was with Halifax, Valuation received at 5.00 pm offer issued at 5.15

good luck who's your application with
  • EmmaJayne
    EmmaJayne Posts: 10 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    We got our mortgage offer the same day the valuation was done so hopefully you will have word by the end of the day, Let us know how it goes

Our broker just emailed - the mortgage offer is here. Yay!

So that makes it:

First viewing: 06/07/17
    Second viewing: 08/07/17
    Halifax DIP: 10/07/17
    House offer submitted and accepted: 11/07/17
    Meeting with Mortgage Broker and all documents provided: 12/07/17
    House taken off market: 13/07/17
    Valuation money to Halifax: 13/07/17
    'First Mortgage' credit search appeared on Experian: 13/07/17
    Lenders Survey: 24/07/2017
    Mortgage Offer received: 25/07/2017 :j
    2012: outdoor cinema tix, Lavazza coffee machine, real Christmas tree, DVDs, festival tix
    2013: 5* London Hotel stay (woo!), crisps, Wedding Fayre tix, designed lucky horseshoe, Paris map
    2021: book
    2022: 4 x Commonwealth Game tickets
  • happytails
    happytails Posts: 1,554 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Ours was with Halifax, Valuation received at 5.00 pm offer issued at 5.15

good luck who's your application with

Nationwide x
    DFW Total £21,800 to clear by Dec 2022
    MFW Total £184,950 £179,066 to clear by 2035
  • insertusername
    Options
    Awaiting my decision from Kensington,

Waiting is the hardest part of buying. We are first time buyers and everything seems to take so long for anything to happen. Our valuation has been carried out and that confirmed the purchase price was acceptable but Kensington currently have an 8 working day timescale and thats before they have any further queries from us.............I hate waiting.
  • Monkeysocks85
    Options
    Omg this is so stressful! We are first time buyers, we got a mortgage in principle at end of may, found a house in june, process has gone as so:

7/7 Offer of £195k accepted on house
    14/7 Made full application to Accord through a broker - we want to borrow £183k, deposit of £12k
    18/7 Survey was done
    21/7 Email saying Accord needed further info - spoke to broker and everything has been submitted
    25/7 Survey says house is only worth £185k, lender will only do 95% of the value (£175,750). Seller will knock £6k off, so we are continuing but have had to up our deposit.

So now we are back to the waiting game....praying we get an offer from Accord soon. If it all goes pear shaped now I think I will be a mess!
  • cjmillsnun
    cjmillsnun Posts: 615 Forumite
    Options
    Valuation tomorrow *bites nails* _pale_
    2.88 kWp System, SE Facing, 30 Degree Pitch, 12 x 240W Conergy Panels, Samil Solar River Inverter, Havant, Hampshire. Installed July 2012, acquired by me on purchase of house in August 2017
  • LuckyG
    LuckyG Posts: 226 Forumite
    Options
    happytails wrote: »

It's quite common for Nationwide to give the mortgage offer the same day as the valuation is done. My friend had her valuation in the morning, by the early afternoon she had the offer.

Don't be concerned if it doesn't come through within a few days though, I recently got my mortgage with Nationwide but my offer took about 10 days to come in after the valuation.
    This was because they required extra information from me (marriage certificate I think).

I think it just varies on whether they already have all the information they need :)
  • Feddylwyr
    Options
    Anyone had experience with the Post Office.

Found our absolutely dream home, got a bargain, they looking for quick turn around.

At the max of our budget and after working everything out with affordability we have about 1000 for savings or whatever. (Full affordability taking lifestyle and everything into account)

AIP came back instantly with a hard credit check with no referral yay.

Now I just feel sick, mortgage offer has gone in.

Got some declarations to sign apparently in the post. Imagining Thursday/Friday.

So just the wait now :(
  • samanthab616
    Options
    So I sent full application for shared ownership on 13/7/17
    Had a phone call yesterday to clarify a few things and said she will instruct valuation, Now my question is has anybody got any experience with Melton? Do they instruct valuation before or after application goes to the underwriters? The proceeds is very confusing!

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback