Anyone want to join me? Awaiting Mortgage decision...

Options

Comments

• JamesN
    JamesN Posts: 776 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Fingers crossed for something today but think tomorrow/friday is more likely for me.

Congrats to Scumboss as well, bet that is a relief!

Mrslambert, they're your IFA, they aren't doing it for free so pester them as much you want to :) I'm also buying new build, who is your developer?
  • set
    set Posts: 291 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    mrslambert wrote: »
    It is such a waiting game!! We are living in my parents house (not with them as they live abroad) but after nearly seven years of never owning our own home and the last four years in this house, it is now hopefully our time to own our own home!!!

I keep checking my phone, emails and bank statements to see if valuation fee has been taken but nothing!! No date for valuation either!!

Do you think it is cheeky to message or email our IFA to see if he has heard anything?

Send email. We had valuation done yesterday and just emailed our broker. The rang lender and they said currently reviewing valuation. I wouldnt have found that out if I hadnt emailed him. :):)
  • TB1987
    TB1987 Posts: 66 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    set wrote: »
    Thanks for your replies

Our valuation was done yesterday. We havent received text to say it had been done so I just emailed our broker who rang lender and he said lender is currently reviewing valuation!

Oh good lord, this is driving me crazy! :(

Oooo this gives me hope that ours was sent over as it was done a day before yours - wishful thinking though :D
  • 8-of-us
    8-of-us Posts: 157 Forumite
    Options
    Got to keep hope alive, it'll be lovely heading over to the waiting to complete board with you all
    Sealed Pot Challenge - #462
    I used the Thanks button as a Like button too :)
  • mrslambert
    Options
    You are right guys will message him now!!

We have gone with a David Wilson - our sales lady seems pretty good and on the ball but who knows what after sales will be like! We were lucky that we got to pick quite a few fixtures and fittings and got a good deal as it was last property on development to be sold!!

Who have you gone with?
  • juliat20
    juliat20 Posts: 36 Forumite
    Options
    It is such a waiting game!! We are living in my parents house (not with them as they live abroad) but after nearly seven years of never owning our own home and the last four years in this house, it is now hopefully our time to own our own home!!!

I keep checking my phone, emails and bank statements to see if valuation fee has been taken but nothing!! No date for valuation either!!

Do you think it is cheeky to message or email our IFA to see if he has heard anything?

No I don't think it's cheeky I would anyway, but I'm impatient. My fee has come out of the bank account but no date for valuation.:)
  • mrslambert
    Options
    You are another step close Juliat20! Who is your lender?
  • juliat20
    Options
    You are right guys will message him now!!

We have gone with a David Wilson - our sales lady seems pretty good and on the ball but who knows what after sales will be like! We were lucky that we got to pick quite a few fixtures and fittings and got a good deal as it was last property on development to be sold!!

Who have you gone with?

We've brought one from Miller homes, I used to have a David Wilson home, very good builder.:)
  • juliat20
    Options
    You are another step close Juliat20! Who is your lender?

We've gone with Halifax through the IFA :)
  • mrslambert
    Options
    Just heard back from IFA and he said waiting for docs to be assessed & will let me know as soon as he hears anything. I will have no hair left by the end of this - the suspense is awful!!!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback