Anyone want to join me? Awaiting Mortgage decision...

Options

Comments

• LauraH28
    LauraH28 Posts: 87 Forumite
    Options
    Yey congratulations lets go that's the first of many today x
  • scumboss
    scumboss Posts: 81 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks guys. It's been a stressful few weeks. We've sold two properties (mine and my partners), had our first baby and we are buying this new property. We are currently living with her parents so hoping to get this property as soon as possible.
  • mrslambert
    Options
    Congratulations - great news!!!!
  • set
    set Posts: 291 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Great News!

Can I ask when Valuation was done? Ours was done yesterday, havent heard anything, not even to confirm its been done.

Good luck to everyone else today :-)
  • 8-of-us
    8-of-us Posts: 157 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Set,
    It was actually or vendors that told me about our valuation being done (we know them quite well)
    We've had no official confirmation but when I chased up mortgage broker Monday she said that our offer was in the post (Valuation was 14/08 and still awaiting paper offer)
    Sealed Pot Challenge - #462
    I used the Thanks button as a Like button too :)
  • juliat20
    juliat20 Posts: 36 Forumite
    Options
    mrslambert wrote: »
    Hi All!

Reading all your posts has been so helpful!

We are currently waiting to hear from Natwest. Had AIP approved on 12th August, H2B approved on the 20th August and full application submitted on the 21st August. Feel so sick waiting!!! Like many others have said - my husband is so calm!!!

Our IFA seems really on the ball so not sure if will make any difference. We are also buying a new build so they are wanting to exchange before 18th September. Praying and keeping everything crossed. We are FTB!!

Good luck everyone!!!!

Your situation is similar to ours we are applying with Halifax through an IFA. We are buying a new build property with H2B which we received approval for on 19th August and then our full application was submitted on 22 august a day behind yourself. I'm so impatient and it's really stressing me out but I know this is just the beginning I've probably got another two weeks of waiting.

Have you had a date for valuation yet?

I sold my house in May and I've been stressed out since then really it wasn't a smooth transaction, we moved to rented and now I'm stressed over the mortgage, I also hate the rented property I'm in.:eek:
  • TB1987
    TB1987 Posts: 66 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi
    We just filed our mortgage application with Bath Building Society.

a- Does any body know their timelines?
    b- We supplied them P60, 3 months payslips, 3 months bank statements, utility bill and passport copies. Do they ask for more documents?
    b - Would they inform you once the valuation been done?

Regards,
    Sheraz

I don't know their timelines but our broker took from us exactly what you have listed above so hopefully they will not ask you for anything more :)
    set wrote: »
    Great News!

Can I ask when Valuation was done? Ours was done yesterday, havent heard anything, not even to confirm its been done.

Ours was done on Monday and we haven't heard anything either, even to say it has been done from Halifax. I read on here that others get texts to say vaulation received so it leads me to think our valuer hasn't submitted the report yet. I also read they have 10 working days to do it which hasn't helped my stress levels at all :)
  • scumboss
    scumboss Posts: 81 Forumite
    Options
    set wrote: »
    Great News!

Valuation done on 6th August between 9am and 11am - we went for the basic. That day at 5.07pm received a text message from Nationwide "We've received your valuation report for your mortgage application...."
  • mrslambert
    Options
    It is such a waiting game!! We are living in my parents house (not with them as they live abroad) but after nearly seven years of never owning our own home and the last four years in this house, it is now hopefully our time to own our own home!!!

I keep checking my phone, emails and bank statements to see if valuation fee has been taken but nothing!! No date for valuation either!!

Do you think it is cheeky to message or email our IFA to see if he has heard anything?
  • set
    set Posts: 291 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thanks for your replies

Our valuation was done yesterday. We havent received text to say it had been done so I just emailed our broker who rang lender and he said lender is currently reviewing valuation!

Oh good lord, this is driving me crazy! :(
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure