Who Does/Does Not Accept Amex?

Options

Comments

• JohalaReewi
    Options
    My local Pizza Hut which takes Amex, has had new credit card readers installed during the week. The bad news is the readers are having problems with Amex cards and reject them :( Hopefully they will sort it out soon.
  • eagle
    eagle Posts: 586 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    BMW service (my local one is Scothall, if that makes a difference) do NOT take AmEx. Quite ironic given that the BMW credit card is now issued by AmEx!!

Also, I've noticed that whilst trying to book a flight with British Airways at ba.com, they surcharge you to book by credit card. The surcharge also applies when using a BA AmEx card!! Very ironic and actually quite unacceptable.
  • jimmyjim_uk
    Options
    Add ibis hotels to the yes list
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    morrisons supermarkets accept-drycleaning/photo section instore do not
  • omega27
    omega27 Posts: 260 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    paulocd wrote:
    Anyone having problems using AMEX with Pin and Chip on Iceland?

I can never use my AMEX (which has pin and chip) at Iceland. They still accept it but tey need to swipe it through and I need to sign everytime.

Anyone else having this problem?

Paulocd

Yes me too! And in Debenhams too. However getting them to swipe it isn't simple.
  • fallenwiccan
    Options
    just thought i'd let you all know PC World accept Amex, i process them without question when I'm at work.
    If they do i'm assuming Currys, Curry.Digital and all the online shops (including the Dixons shop) will take them, I'm assuming that cause ya know all are part of Dixons Group. hope that helps someone
    HSBC CC - £3000 / £3000
    Halifax CC - £1032.77 / £1032.77
    Mortgage currently at [STRIKE]£82,299.71[/STRIKE] £76,017.62 would love to overpay
  • sarymclary
    sarymclary Posts: 3,224 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Failed to have it accepted on more than one occasion on Amazon.com. I'd be interested to know if it's just my card, or if anyone else has had the same problems with Amazon accepting Amex.
    Not had problems elsewhere so far, although my local Co-Op still has to print off a signing slip, rather than using the chip n pin.
    One day the clocks will stop, and time won't mean a thing

Be nice to your children, they'll choose your care home
  • allycat999
    Options
    Have no problems getting amazon to accept plat amex. Have ordered from there several times without any problems. :confused:
  • neil40
    neil40 Posts: 753 Forumite
    Options
    Dominos pizza accept Amex although they do not advertise the fact at the shop!
  • sjc_2
    sjc_2 Posts: 685 Forumite
    Options
    I too got fed up with shops not accepting Amex or when they did the machine with Chip & Pin rejecting it. So my Nectar Amex Card got paid off and binned. Shame really.
    Cheers
    Steve
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family