New Post Advanced Search

Ripped off by strip club!

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Consumer Rights
47 replies 7.2K views

Replies

• dalesriderdalesrider Forumite
    3.4K posts
    SirO wrote: »
    Yes chip and pin was use. No drinks were bought its just a dance aparently. Fyeo in Bournemouth. :( £1500 definitely isn't cheap to me I am amazed! I have been advised by citizens advice / consumer advice line to Pursue credit card company under section 75?

Given you have no receipts, and claim to be so drunk as to be hardly able to walk... How do you know exactly what was bought?

These advice lines need to train their staff better....
    S75 claim because someone was drunk and can't remember what they entered a 4 digit number for....

Option you could go to the Police.
    Never ASSUME anything its makes a
    >>> A55 of U & ME <<<
  • pinkshoespinkshoes Forumite
    18K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it was the other way round of excessively drunk women being taken advantage of, the police would no doubt be interested, so I'd think the police are more likely to be interested that the CC company!
    Should've = Should HAVE (not 'of')
    Would've = Would HAVE (not 'of')

No, I am not perfect, but yes I do judge people on their use of basic English language. If you didn't know the above, then learn it! (If English is your second language, then you are forgiven!)
  • montyrebelmontyrebel Forumite
    640 posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    even though you were drunk did you at least get a semi-on to get some of your moneys worth? lol
    mortui non mordent
  • tinkerbell28tinkerbell28 Forumite
    2.7K posts
    Seriously though op, £1500 is a lot for a dance....I'd be inclined to ask your credit card to investigate and possibly report it to the police if you think anything underhand has gone on.

I never understand why men go to these clubs, apart from the obvious....Most are bladdered beyond belief, so can't remember anything anyway, they are expensive and you certainly won't be the first who doesn't necessarily know what they are agreeing to when they pop in that pin. It's easy pickings. I do feel for you actually.

May be you got drunk and carried away, it could easily be they just took what they could without you realising. If you were in a shop and distracted, they can't just take £1000, instead of £100, so same thing here really.
  • maninthestreetmaninthestreet Forumite
    16.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For £1500 you should have got the lot, if you know what I mean....
    "You were only supposed to blow the bl**dy doors off!!"
  • JimmyTheWigJimmyTheWig Forumite
    12.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    and they say the women are exploited.
    How much of that £1500 do you think the women got?
  • tinkerbell28tinkerbell28 Forumite
    2.7K posts
    How much of that £1500 do you think the women got?

A fair bit, the girls in those places are laughing, I used to know one it was a branded club, not some hovel in soho. I'd say in these type places men are the ones being exploited, not the women.
  • lucy03lucy03 Forumite
    511 posts
    Eighth Anniversary 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    There are some licensing issues about serving alcohol to people who are drunk.

http://www.cps.gov.uk/legal/l_to_o/licensing_of_alcohol/

It might be viable to make complaint on that regard. If, for example, a pub took 1,500 pounds off a customer who was drunk (which wouldn't be hard to do) then it's likely that the matter would investigated. Obviously in this case the club could claim that the money was for other services rendered, but I personally think they're going to need to start providing further details of what has happened.

I would contact the police in the first instance, or the council's licensing team.
  • lucy03 wrote: »

I would contact the police in the first instance, or the council's licensing team.

If the OP wants to play with the big boys then he should take it on the chin.

I do hope the OP is their early 20s because if he is any older he should have known better.

What happened to personal responsibility........oh wait we don't have that any more!
  • spacey2012spacey2012 Forumite
    5.8K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    A short sharp lesson in knowing your drinking limit and the consequences of not knowing it.
    Be happy...;)
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support