»

No More Buying Unnecessary Toiletries in July 2013 - Page 7

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: NEW MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH 31/3
RESCUE FLIGHTS FOR STRANDED BRITS * SCHOOL MEALS VOUCHERS * BRIGHTHOUSE COLLAPSES

No More Buying Unnecessary Toiletries in July 2013

edited 22 July 2013 at 12:57PM in Health & Beauty MoneySaving
366 replies 27.6K views

Replies

• asset2004asset2004 Forumite
    2.5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Another 3 INs from the B**ts No 7 glitch :p sorry but I can't help it, only £1.25 for 2 tinted moisturisers, this time got handcream with a SPF as always aware that the condition of your hands give your age away, so to get a hand with a SPF is a good idea :T
    Life is a coin, you can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it once.
    Go as far as you can see, and when you get there you'll see further.
    Take time but don't waste time
  • Uu vo5 'treat me right' intense conditioner, brilliant stuff and smells gorgeous, wba

Hello and welcome to all our lovely newbies

Happy pampering, xo
  • hammyhamhammyham Forumite
    306 posts
    Have 5 Ins and 5 outs
    2 batiste - needed and were on BOGOHP
    face powder from Poundland - needed and thought I'd give it a go for a quid (much cheaper than my usual MAC!)
    No 7 bronzing pearls and s and g kabuki brush - got this on the glitch and was going to be given money back so added a meal deal in!

UU
    Hair dye (Nice and easy Light auburn) x 2
    Sachets conditioner x 3
    I'm not really wasteful, just have very long hair! These are HG for me, would cry if they discontinued them!

xxx
    No buying toiletries 2015 - 1 in
    52 week challenge
    £2015 in 2015
  • SundaysgirlSundaysgirl Forumite
    1.1K posts
    UU:

3. L'Occitane Immortelle Precious Cream 15ml - probably WNBA, nice enough but the smell took me a while to bear and no huge change in my skin. There are others I like better at that price. Also, no need to buy face creams any time soon!

4. No 7 P&P Eye Cream 7ml - WMBA, especially as this lasted sooooo long - I kept thinking it was nearly finished, but this tiny tube did me about 2 months I think!!
    MFW 2017 #123 2018: £1,852.64/£39,200 (4.7%)
  • TheOxfordOwlTheOxfordOwl Forumite
    164 posts
    UU'd two things this morning, a blackberry jam shower gel (no idea of brand) and a bottle of contact lens liquid. :j
    Since I don't buy the lens liquid individually (but I do stash it, just because they send too much!) I think it makes sense to only put 50p away for it. Does that sound reasonable?
    No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries in January!
    UU: 5, IN: 2
    Total Stash: 99 - ultimate target 33 (year start 99)
  • smartcat04smartcat04 Forumite
    622 posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts
    ✭✭
    More UU's.
    4.Nip Fab pistachio body butter, small tub from glossybox- WNBA, if I applied this before bed hubby hated it, said it smelled like belvita biscuits!
    5.sachet of L'oreal conditioner-WBA if full size on offer.

Have recently found out that I'm pregnant so keep googling loads of products to see if they are safe to use. Just opened S&G righteous butter-rave reviews for its stretch mark preventative measures!
    April £5 a day challenge- £15.05/£150
  • dolly84dolly84 Forumite
    5.2K posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sofababe - I tried to check her feedback on ebay but she has it all as private (defeats the object rather) so you can only see the percentage. It is way too easy to receive items then claim for your money back imo.

I have a uu

Clarins Eau Dynamisante - 30ml - WBA, love it and have a full size in the stash for later.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 12/66
  • dolly84dolly84 Forumite
    5.2K posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    smartcat04 wrote: »
    More UU's.
    4.Nip Fab pistachio body butter, small tub from glossybox- WNBA, if I applied this before bed hubby hated it, said it smelled like belvita biscuits!
    5.sachet of L'oreal conditioner-WBA if full size on offer.

Have recently found out that I'm pregnant so keep googling loads of products to see if they are safe to use. Just opened S&G righteous butter-rave reviews for its stretch mark preventative measures!

Congratulations - fab news.

Welcome newbies hope you enjoy it here.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 12/66
  • kameleonkameleon Forumite
    46 posts
    Took a spin to Enniskillen last night which I do once or twice a year. Live in Ireland but toiletries, detergents, cleaning products etc are much cheaper in Northern Ireland. So I buy a lot of these at the same time and they do me for months on end.

So plenty of INs to add to the list, but they will all be used over the coming months:

Schwarzkopf Live Glow XXL Pillar Box Red Hair Dye
    Garnier Skin Toner 200ml
    6 x Colgate Plax 250ml
    2 x Elvive Shampoo
    2 x Alberto Balsam Conditioner Apple
    2 x Alberto Balsam Conditioner Pomengranate
    4 x Garnier Deodorant 250ml
    2 x Herbal Essences Coconut Shampoo 400ml
    1 Batiste Dry Shampoo

On the upside, I didn't buy anything for the stash that I had multiples of already.
    No buying unnecessary toiletries 2013: Start 112 items 01/01/13
    GA: 4 UU: 88 IN: 44 Total Remaining 64/156
  • luvlycakeluvlycake Forumite
    313 posts
    dolly84 wrote: »
    I'm in for July, thanks pickle for starting us off.

I have phases too, hair is my current one and nails were the last one:rotfl:.

Itzy - that is very shocking, we are supposed to be an intelligent species but are hell bent on destroying everything around us it makes no sense.

I am wondering if anyone can help with some advice on an ebay problem I am having. At the beginning of June I sold two makeup bundles to the same buyer, I posted them the day after they paid and marked the item as despatched. Two weeks later they got in touch to say they hadn't received the items, I offered the postage receipt (which I am surprised I still had after two weeks) they didn't respond and opened a case against me which ebay have now found in their favour. They have received a full refund and I have to pay it back. I am fuming - anyone had a similar experience? TIA

Ebay always finds in favour of the customer, sellers can't even leave neutral or negative feedback. I have complained about this directly to them before. :(
    Cookie, I think you're tame. :heart2:

No buying unnecessary toiletries in 2014 challenge
    2013 Out: 307; In: 38 2014 Out: 100; In; 8

themagpiesdaughter.co.uk
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support