»

No More Buying Unnecessary Toiletries in July 2013 - Page 5

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: NEW MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH 31/3
RESCUE FLIGHTS FOR STRANDED BRITS * SCHOOL MEALS VOUCHERS * BRIGHTHOUSE COLLAPSES

No More Buying Unnecessary Toiletries in July 2013

edited 22 July 2013 at 12:57PM in Health & Beauty MoneySaving
366 replies 27.6K views

Replies

• SundaysgirlSundaysgirl Forumite
    1.1K posts
    Welcome madaminx and vanessav :hello: This is a great thread to be on!

UU:

2. Dove Rich Moisturising Creme 30ml - probably WNBA, did the job but I've realised I'm actually quite picky when it comes to body moisturisers!
    MFW 2017 #123 2018: £1,852.64/£39,200 (4.7%)
  • TheOxfordOwlTheOxfordOwl Forumite
    164 posts
    List taking slightly longer than expected, as I have load of unpacking to do...
    But have used up my first item! :j
    Nivea Pure and Natural Night Cream, 50ml. I WBA and am fairly sure I already have...
    So that's £1 in the pot - think I'm going to put it towards some decent makeup brushes :)
    No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries in January!
    UU: 5, IN: 2
    Total Stash: 99 - ultimate target 33 (year start 99)
  • Tracey2609Tracey2609 Forumite
    251 posts
    Another UU for me...

No.7 - Protect & Perfect Day Cream
    WNBA - not overly impressed, it was better when I used a serum with it. Lots of other Day Creams in my stash so no need to buy again.

Note to self avoid the pound shop when your stash is overflowing:o
    Always be yourself, unless you can be a Unicorn - then always be a Unicorn !
    No More Buying Unnecessary Toiletries - Joined May 2013

28x UU
  • Have bought some VO5 volumising spray today, as I'm having a hair phase. Do any of the rest of you go through phases where you just think you hair/nails/feet are in an awful state, and then you keep buying things to fix them? I will never get to the bottom of the bottle before I decide I don't mind my hair being flat.

I'm also wondering if anyone has any suggestions for evening/weekend classes they have tried? I'm looking to take up a new hobby, but the courses I've looked up at my local college will not be starting up until September/October, and I don't want to wait that long!
  • ItzybitzyItzybitzy Forumite
    949 posts
    UU

Ooh la la naked, Creamy Bliss, Body Wash, 250ml - WMBA, really like this, but not quite sure if it contains palm oil or not! The ingrediants are a bit ambigious
    Colgate Max White One Toothpaste, 75ml - WNBA, boycotting Colgate from now on. Which is a !!!!!! as it is a good toothpaste haha
    Thalgo Creme Thalgomince, 5ml - Really difficult to get an idea from one tiny sachet so WNBA! Appears to be palm oil free though!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2351609/The-terrible-fate-Raja-baby-elephant-chained-held-hostage-angry-mob-An-image-haunt-story-enrage-you.html

Read this yesterday and it made me cry! I have known about Palm Oil for a good while but i really want to make a good go of eradicating it from my life when I start this new job, make a bit of money and can afford to shop in nicer places rather than the supermarkets! I think the whole situation is disgusting and i feel dirty having bought into it! I will use up everything i have that has palm oil in it as throwing it away defeats the purpose but i will not be buying the big brands who use it again! Booo to Loccitane!
    Total debts = [STRIKE]£3116[/STRIKE], [STRIKE]2216[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£2066[/STRIKE][STRIKE]£1916[/STRIKE][STRIKE]£1766[/STRIKE][STRIKE]£1616[/STRIKE][STRIKE]£1466[/STRIKE][STRIKE]£1316[/STRIKE][STRIKE]£1166[/STRIKE][STRIKE]£1016[/STRIKE]£866
    DMP £150 each month
    Total paid off so far £2150 :D
    Debt Free by Jan 2013
  • rosemary54rosemary54 Forumite
    2.5K posts
    I'm also wondering if anyone has any suggestions for evening/weekend classes they have tried? I'm looking to take up a new hobby, but the courses I've looked up at my local college will not be starting up until September/October, and I don't want to wait that long![/QUOTE]

are there any Saturday or summer day classes near you? They often have things that are a bit different than the usual night classes.
    ones I have done include tai chi(I did up to stage two then found it gave me back problems but it was very relaxing)
    flower arranging(I did a 6 week class about 15 years ago and am still loving it!)
    jewellery class(I am lucky enough to live near to a shop that does classes all year, only thing is I now have loads of stuff I made that am trying to sell:rotfl:)
    I have tried 3 languages in the past but with each one classes dropped off and were cancelled so a bit frustrating:(

Dh on the mend, I can tell as he is arguing again:(
    I asked what he fancied for tea as not got much in due to wanting to defrost the freezer and he ended up saying I was being argumentative when all I did was give him 3 choices of meal:eek:

so sad about Pierce Brosman's daughter dying of cancer and the fire-fighters in the USA,def feel like a pink candle day
  • dolly84dolly84 Forumite
    5.2K posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm in for July, thanks pickle for starting us off.
    Have bought some VO5 volumising spray today, as I'm having a hair phase. Do any of the rest of you go through phases where you just think you hair/nails/feet are in an awful state, and then you keep buying things to fix them? I will never get to the bottom of the bottle before I decide I don't mind my hair being flat.

I'm also wondering if anyone has any suggestions for evening/weekend classes they have tried? I'm looking to take up a new hobby, but the courses I've looked up at my local college will not be starting up until September/October, and I don't want to wait that long!

I have phases too, hair is my current one and nails were the last one:rotfl:.

Itzy - that is very shocking, we are supposed to be an intelligent species but are hell bent on destroying everything around us it makes no sense.

I am wondering if anyone can help with some advice on an ebay problem I am having. At the beginning of June I sold two makeup bundles to the same buyer, I posted them the day after they paid and marked the item as despatched. Two weeks later they got in touch to say they hadn't received the items, I offered the postage receipt (which I am surprised I still had after two weeks) they didn't respond and opened a case against me which ebay have now found in their favour. They have received a full refund and I have to pay it back. I am fuming - anyone had a similar experience? TIA
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 12/66
  • ma-ri-ellama-ri-ella Forumite
    980 posts
    Been really naughty and have an in
    Forever aloe propolis creme - started getting psoriasis under my finger nails (one of the only places I didn't have it :() and I needed something to make it less extreme as the nails seem to be getting shorter and shorter and they don't seem to be growing much . Any other suggestions on what to use, I don't want to nailess. The samples I had of this creme seem to keep it under control but not make it go away completely. Apart from that been good. I quite like the look of the forever living range but wow it's quite expensive
    £365 a year spend challenge - this has included food/clothes/beauty?? who knows where I am
    20,000 step a day challenge
  • vanessavvanessav Forumite
    71 posts
    Joining this thread means I am making a concerted effort to UU. Today I finally managed to:

UU
    Liz Earle Superbalm, WNBA, it used to be a HG (I mixed it to an emulsion in my hands with Liz Earle instant boost skin tonic and used it everywhere - face, body, ends of hair, but now I am going for more high tech products due to being nearly 50 and desperate)!

M and S Formula Light Moisturiser. WNBA I like it as it disappears the second I put it on so can get on with make up quickly. But I think I need something richer.
    I will now turn to another one of the part-used moisturisers I have in stash and try to finish it.

IN: Luxury samples arrived from 'Latest in Beauty' I forgot I ordered! They are:
    small tube of MD Perricone no-foundation foundation and
    tube of Elemis pro-radiance cream cleanser.

Joining this thread also meant I ventured under the bed to look at boxes of perfumes. I stopped counting at 250 full bottles (not even bothering to try to count the minis and samples). I need to sort out the ones I might wear and start ebaying. I am just waiting to see what the new royal mail rules are on posting perfume.
  • vanessavvanessav Forumite
    71 posts
    dolly84 wrote: »
    I'm in for July, thanks pickle for starting us off.

I have phases too, hair is my current one and nails were the last one:rotfl:.

Itzy - that is very shocking, we are supposed to be an intelligent species but are hell bent on destroying everything around us it makes no sense.

I am wondering if anyone can help with some advice on an ebay problem I am having. At the beginning of June I sold two makeup bundles to the same buyer, I posted them the day after they paid and marked the item as despatched. Two weeks later they got in touch to say they hadn't received the items, I offered the postage receipt (which I am surprised I still had after two weeks) they didn't respond and opened a case against me which ebay have now found in their favour. They have received a full refund and I have to pay it back. I am fuming - anyone had a similar experience? TIA

Yes - it is very annoying. Ebay always finds in the buyer's favour with these sort of cases. Proof of postage doesn't seem to be enough. Only recorded/ signed-for gives you a chance of ebay finding in your favour.
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support