»

No More Buying Unnecessary Toiletries in July 2013 - Page 4

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: NEW MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH 31/3
RESCUE FLIGHTS FOR STRANDED BRITS * SCHOOL MEALS VOUCHERS * BRIGHTHOUSE COLLAPSES

No More Buying Unnecessary Toiletries in July 2013

edited 22 July 2013 at 12:57PM in Health & Beauty MoneySaving
366 replies 27.6K views

Replies

• minicooper272minicooper272 Forumite
    2.1K posts
    Went for a swim today, so managed to sue up a bottle of Tesco Pink body spray - WNBA as I've had it for years, and hardly use body sprays.

I've also used up a sachet of Garnier BB Cream. Not sure if I will buy it again - I think it made me look a little orange!
  • Ops went to the 99p didnt intend to get any toiletries but spotted the Right Guard xtremes in there so got an invisible and the dry...I did need deodrant! I also got Timotei vivid colour shampoo and conditioner as almost on my last one again and the stock was low in the store so didnt want to risk them running out just when I need it.:money:
    Debt free and busy treating myself:)

No more toiletries/make up until I've used what I've got stashed since Jan 2011, graduated October 2012. Restocked Dec 13..damn those sales
  • asset2004asset2004 Forumite
    2.5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm back in for this month, although :o have 3 INs due to the No 7 glitch. I have 2 x tinted moisturiser and a night cream, only cost £1.25 for the 3 :rotfl:and used TCB vouchers so free :T.
    Have others to use first though.
    Life is a coin, you can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it once.
    Go as far as you can see, and when you get there you'll see further.
    Take time but don't waste time
  • wondercolliewondercollie Forumite
    1.3K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    I'm back. It will be a slow month as nearly everything open is a huge bottle.

Quick question. I'm going to Spain after new years. I know a lot of people from the UK head out there for long periods of time. Are you able to buy UK magazine there? Or do I have to load up the Kindle and stash magazines in my suitcase?
  • Tracey2609Tracey2609 Forumite
    251 posts
    My first UU for July !

L'Occitane - Shea Foot Cream
    This was only a 10ml(?) size and it's the first time that I've tried this and I really love it so WBA - but only once my stash is under control...
    Always be yourself, unless you can be a Unicorn - then always be a Unicorn !
    No More Buying Unnecessary Toiletries - Joined May 2013

28x UU
  • SundaysgirlSundaysgirl Forumite
    1.1K posts
    UU:

1. Dove Go Fresh body wash pomegranate and lemon verbena 250ml - WMBA, nice scent though didn't last, and great price when on Boots glitch!

wondercollie - you can usually track down most UK magazines and newspapers in Spain, however they tend to be at very inflated prices! If you check the front of the magazines you're planning to buy, the Euro price should be printed next to the £ - IIRC newsagents don't always stick to this, but it will hopefully give you a guide as to whether you should take your Kindle fully loaded instead. Personally I would always stock up at the airport on magazines, then just buy there as a last resort :)
    MFW 2017 #123 2018: £1,852.64/£39,200 (4.7%)
  • edited 2 July 2013 at 8:01AM
    vanessavvanessav Forumite
    71 posts
    edited 2 July 2013 at 8:01AM
    I have been waiting for July - so thanks to Pickles.
    I would love to join. I find everyone's lists and W/WNBAs very interesting. I need to get to grips with all the bottles and tubes etc in drawers, under shelves etc.
    I will do a stock-take and post later!
    ....Vanessa
  • rosemary54rosemary54 Forumite
    2.5K posts
    I'm back. It will be a slow month as nearly everything open is a huge bottle.

Quick question. I'm going to Spain after new years. I know a lot of people from the UK head out there for long periods of time. Are you able to buy UK magazine there? Or do I have to load up the Kindle and stash magazines in my suitcase?

I tend to buy the handbag size mags and get those with free goodies in as well and save them for hols,getting rid of all the junk paper inside first.the hotel we visit in Tenerfie has a mag/book swop so change mine that way,also by taking mags I then leave I have space for bringing any holiday buys home:)
  • rosemary54rosemary54 Forumite
    2.5K posts
    ladies why did you let me buy a giant bottle of Decleor make up remover when I use wipes ????!!!!I got carried away so will need to switch to using it.
    Dh still ill:(so we did not go out last night,second tummy bug in 2 weeks a bit worrying.My washing machine blew a gaskit last week so huge amount to wash,spare part just arrived but don't know when he will be up to fixing it(am now in spare room...single bed as less washing as don't want to get the bug off him and he is also up every few mins poor man!!!)
    after unloading new goodies last night decided to make up some mixed goodie bags to try and sell on fleabay,anyone else done that?mostly beauty box stuff I don,t use as too many other makes on the go:rotfl:
  • smartcat04smartcat04 Forumite
    622 posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts
    ✭✭
    Count me in again this month.
    UU's.
    1. Avon shower gel-WBA, already repurchased.
    2. Avon shampoo-massive 1litre bottle, took about 6 months to use. Got another one lined up.
    3.John Frieda conditioner-came with a colour but got about 3 uses from it.
    April £5 a day challenge- £15.05/£150
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support