»

No More Buying Unnecessary Toiletries in July 2013 - Page 6

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: NEW MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH 31/3
RESCUE FLIGHTS FOR STRANDED BRITS * SCHOOL MEALS VOUCHERS * BRIGHTHOUSE COLLAPSES

No More Buying Unnecessary Toiletries in July 2013

edited 22 July 2013 at 12:57PM in Health & Beauty MoneySaving
366 replies 27.6K views

Replies

• asset2004asset2004 Forumite
    2.5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    A UU :) not very exciting - toothpaste but bouight on a Boots 3 for 2 offer with some sort of dental coupon so worked out a reasonable price.
    WBA but story of my life is have so many in store that won't need to for a little while :o
    Life is a coin, you can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it once.
    Go as far as you can see, and when you get there you'll see further.
    Take time but don't waste time
  • moromirmoromir Forumite
    1.9K posts
    dolly84 wrote:
    I am wondering if anyone can help with some advice on an ebay problem I am having. At the beginning of June I sold two makeup bundles to the same buyer, I posted them the day after they paid and marked the item as despatched. Two weeks later they got in touch to say they hadn't received the items, I offered the postage receipt (which I am surprised I still had after two weeks) they didn't respond and opened a case against me which ebay have now found in their favour. They have received a full refund and I have to pay it back. I am fuming - anyone had a similar experience? TIA

EBay require proof of delivery to find in your favour, it is the seller's responsibility to ensure the parcel is delivered.

Therefore you need to send by recorded or special delivery to protect yourself.

Proof of postage is not deemed sufficient.

However, you can write to the post office enclosing a copy of the proof of postage and claim compensation, I think it is something like a maximum of £16 though, the procedure for this is set out on their website somewhere, but might help you recoup some of your loss.
  • dolly84dolly84 Forumite
    5.2K posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the replies re postage, I have looked into it more and it seems to be my responsibility to claim which I now will. I was sending as basic second class mail to keep the costs down for the buyer but as that has backfired on me I will now only do recorded delivery which will be so expensive no one will probably buy.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 12/66
  • sofababesofababe Forumite
    1.4K posts
    dolly84 wrote: »
    I'm in for July, thanks pickle for starting us off.

I have phases too, hair is my current one and nails were the last one:rotfl:.

Itzy - that is very shocking, we are supposed to be an intelligent species but are hell bent on destroying everything around us it makes no sense.

I am wondering if anyone can help with some advice on an ebay problem I am having. At the beginning of June I sold two makeup bundles to the same buyer, I posted them the day after they paid and marked the item as despatched. Two weeks later they got in touch to say they hadn't received the items, I offered the postage receipt (which I am surprised I still had after two weeks) they didn't respond and opened a case against me which ebay have now found in their favour. They have received a full refund and I have to pay it back. I am fuming - anyone had a similar experience? TIA

I had this happen to me so I went back through the buyers feedback and found she had left bad feedback several times claiming she didn't receive items. I couldn't believe anyone was that unlucky and told her so, that I didn't believe her and thought she was scamming me. I never heard from her again. I blocked her after that.
    It seems odd that your buyer didn't get either parcel. I could just about believe one getting lost but both???
    I use 2nd class recorded now.
  • luvlycakeluvlycake Forumite
    313 posts
    Hello everyone! Signing in for another month. :D

My skin feels a bit better now, though it still needs care and steroid cream. Still awaiting a proper response from Avon and considering reporting them.

Anyway, OUTs to report already! Hurrah! :T

1 - Lush easter egg soap - love the smell of this and it was so very green! :D I have another chunk though.
    2 - Lush Mum Tulip bubble bar - on a stick! Smelt gorgeous and lasted ages!
    3 - Avon conditioning eye make-up remover. Did the job but nothing special and WNBA due to problems with Avon generally.
    Cookie, I think you're tame. :heart2:

No buying unnecessary toiletries in 2014 challenge
    2013 Out: 307; In: 38 2014 Out: 100; In; 8

themagpiesdaughter.co.uk
  • SundaysgirlSundaysgirl Forumite
    1.1K posts
    Hi everyone,

I have more INs, but freebies:

4-10. L'Occitane Divine Cream 1ml sachets

Well timed as about to run out of night cream (don't use a day one as my skin gets too oily if I do), and I have a few trips at the end of this month.
    MFW 2017 #123 2018: £1,852.64/£39,200 (4.7%)
  • squigglessquiggles Forumite
    1.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone used Elizabeth arden prevage. I was told by the lady at the desk in a department store trying to persuade me to purchase it that it was their best seller and is like "botox in a bottle" although she didn't give me a sample to take home to convince me it was worth the money (think I look to trampy to be worthy of a free sachet lol)

Is it worth the high price to stop me looking ten years older than my actual real age, anyone please?

I wasn't too keen on their visable difference or ceremide products and saw or felt no noticeable benefit for the cost and nothing special or different than creams that are a couple of pounds.
  • luvlycakeluvlycake Forumite
    313 posts
    Oh I do love reading stash lists. Tee hee. :)
    Cookie, I think you're tame. :heart2:

No buying unnecessary toiletries in 2014 challenge
    2013 Out: 307; In: 38 2014 Out: 100; In; 8

themagpiesdaughter.co.uk
  • ItzybitzyItzybitzy Forumite
    949 posts
    UU

Neals Yard Rose Daily Moisturiser, 45ml x 1 = WNBA, too strong for my face so used as a body lotion!
    Total debts = [STRIKE]£3116[/STRIKE], [STRIKE]2216[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£2066[/STRIKE][STRIKE]£1916[/STRIKE][STRIKE]£1766[/STRIKE][STRIKE]£1616[/STRIKE][STRIKE]£1466[/STRIKE][STRIKE]£1316[/STRIKE][STRIKE]£1166[/STRIKE][STRIKE]£1016[/STRIKE]£866
    DMP £150 each month
    Total paid off so far £2150 :D
    Debt Free by Jan 2013
  • minicooper272minicooper272 Forumite
    2.1K posts
    rosemary54 wrote: »

are there any Saturday or summer day classes near you? They often have things that are a bit different than the usual night classes.
    ones I have done include tai chi(I did up to stage two then found it gave me back problems but it was very relaxing)
    flower arranging(I did a 6 week class about 15 years ago and am still loving it!)
    jewellery class(I am lucky enough to live near to a shop that does classes all year, only thing is I now have loads of stuff I made that am trying to sell:rotfl:)
    I have tried 3 languages in the past but with each one classes dropped off and were cancelled so a bit frustrating:(

There are lots of classes, but they don't start up again until Sept/Oct, and I'm going insane with boredom and isolation, so need to find something now! I like a lot of your suggestions, but just can't find any that are on over the summer months. How did you find out about the classes? I have only been googling!
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support