Where is the love

Options
Morning guys
Just looking for a bit if advice
I have been with my husband for nearly ten years and married for 6.
Two days ago after coming back from holiday he tells me he has fallen out of love with me and can no longer be with me.
How does that happen??
The man is my absolute world and everything revolves around him (perhaps this is part of the reason why it happened)
He travels a lot with work and tells me he would rather be travelling than spending time with me now.
We have agreed to a two week trial to see if we can re connect but does this ever happen? Could he ever love me again?
My world has fallen apart

Comments

• duckeggblue
    duckeggblue Posts: 439 Forumite
    Options
    I am sorry that this has come as such a shock. Did you have any idea he felt this way, has his behaviour changed recently?
    If you don't leap, you'll never know what it is to fly :heartpuls
  • Ronaldo_Mconaldo
    Options
    He's probably gay.
  • loulou26
    loulou26 Posts: 21 Forumite
    Options
    Things have changed, he was working away a lot and not thinking about me at all. I felt that he was slipping away but every time I asking he said he was stressed through work and it was all going to be fine
    He says he wants a trial but can you really fall back in love with someone you have known and been with for 10 years?
    It's not the same as a start of a realationship where everything is fresh and new. I don't know how we can rekindle things
  • loulou26
    Options
    He's probably gay.[/QUOTE

Thank you for being constructive
  • duckeggblue
    Options
    loulou26 wrote: »
    Things have changed, he was working away a lot and not thinking about me at all. I felt that he was slipping away but every time I asking he said he was stressed through work and it was all going to be fine
    He says he wants a trial but can you really fall back in love with someone you have known and been with for 10 years?
    It's not the same as a start of a realationship where everything is fresh and new. I don't know how we can rekindle things

A trial, of 2 weeks. Whose suggestion was that, this sounds like a lot of pressure on you.
  • loulou26
    Options
    It started being a 6 month trial but we have changed it to two weeks. He has been faking his feelings towards me for the last few weeks and doesn't want to be fake anymore
    I don't know what I can do, I want to fight but you can't make someone love you
  • duckeggblue
    Options
    You need some honest answers from him.
  • loulou26
    Options
    I don't know the questions to ask
  • duckeggblue
    Options
    Maybe, what has happened to make him feel this way?
  • loulou26
    Options
    He says we have just drifted over time. He says its just been happening and he didn't realise it was until it had all gone
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure