Knit Witch's NitWit LBM, debt busting with yarn!

Options

Comments

• poohbear59
    poohbear59 Posts: 4,866 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I managed some knitting tonight whilst I babysat DGD. I have almost finished a new mug hug.

rachelet I do miss being able to knit on planes. Another benefit of the Eurotunnel.
    business mortgage £0))''(+ Barclay's business kitchen loan £0=Total paid off was £96105 PPI claimed and received £13527
    'I had a black dog, his name was depression".
  • Knit_Witch
    Knit_Witch Posts: 4,436 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    poohbear59 wrote: »
    I managed some knitting tonight whilst I babysat DGD. I have almost finished a new mug hug.

rachelet I do miss being able to knit on planes. Another benefit of the Eurotunnel.

Well done you (is a mug hug those knitted/crocheted wrap arounds you see on cafetieres etc?)
    Must use my stash up!
  • DreamerHelen
    DreamerHelen Posts: 2,629 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hey Hun...Just popping in to see how you're doing....Hope you're doing really well....

I'm doing okay....getting there!!
  • Knit_Witch
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hmm today hasn't been too bad (and lovely to have Dr KW at home for three days!) I am STILL putting weight on though :mad:, hmm could I lose 10lbs by Thursday morning :huh:

I want to get my knitting done tomorrow as I am seeing the Fang Mangler on Wednesday (which will throw my day out, then Thursday the dietician and possibly the hairdressers and Friday and pub lunch ... possibly, I will have a can of soup free so will see how my weight is doing :rotfl:)
    Must use my stash up!
  • HeadAboveWater
    Options
    Ummmmm..... haven't managed any NVQ since :o Have you managed some knitting today??

Ref the lbs you're wanting to lose, keep a food diary for a week, and write down everything you eat and drink, and what times. After a week, have a look back and see what could/should maybe be left out or swapped for an alternative. Up your fruit and veg and water intake too :)
    Wealth is what you're left with when all your money runs out
  • Knit_Witch
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Ummmmm..... haven't managed any NVQ since :o Have you managed some knitting today??

Ref the lbs you're wanting to lose, keep a food diary for a week, and write down everything you eat and drink, and what times. After a week, have a look back and see what could/should maybe be left out or swapped for an alternative. Up your fruit and veg and water intake too :)

Tsk on the NVQ! yes knitting has happened (and I have mended a rip in Dr KW's trousers)

I have kept an on-line food diary for the last 8 years and according to the dietician I am doing everything right! I have between 10 and 15 portions of F&V a day (being a vegetarian helps) and I drink between 4 and 6 pints of water, the dietician figures I need help from a Physio as it is my medical problems that are stopping me losing weight (or making me gain) and for medical reasons I NEED to lose the weight (can we say Catch 22 here!)
    Must use my stash up!
  • HeadAboveWater
    Options
    Ah right gotcha! Sorry if you've told me that already. I've a head like a sieve... :o

As you say, it's more than likely then the medical end of things that's holding you back. Dietician prob won't be able to suggest anything you don't already know!
  • Knit_Witch
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Ah right gotcha! Sorry if you've told me that already. I've a head like a sieve... :o

As you say, it's more than likely then the medical end of things that's holding you back. Dietician prob won't be able to suggest anything you don't already know!

Trust me your head can't be any more sieve like than mine :o

Another hour of knitting occurred and now my hands and arms hurt too much to do any more :(
    Must use my stash up!
  • HeadAboveWater
    Options
    Hello :D

How's your hands and arms now? How's your Thursday been? Dietician and hairdressers was what you had in mind....

You'll be very proud of me: I've been working on my NVQ since before lunch!! Determined to get this unit submitted before I hit the road in an hour! (funny thing is, I've been busy working on my NVQ, yet in my mind I've been thinking 'Must go on MSE and tell KW what I'm doing' :rotfl::rotfl:)
  • Knit_Witch
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hello :D

How's your hands and arms now? How's your Thursday been? Dietician and hairdressers was what you had in mind....

You'll be very proud of me: I've been working on my NVQ since before lunch!! Determined to get this unit submitted before I hit the road in an hour! (funny thing is, I've been busy working on my NVQ, yet in my mind I've been thinking 'Must go on MSE and tell KW what I'm doing' :rotfl::rotfl:)

Both the hairdressers and the dietitian cancelled on me so instead I got a nice lie in instead! :D, arms and hands still sore but hopefully I can knit again tomorrow, yesterday Dr KW paid the Fang Mangler for me so I threw the money I would have spent on that filling at my CC.

Hmm not sure how to take my voice forcing you to do your NVQ? But hey if it helps I will keep whispering :rotfl:

Weight is creeping back down so I reckon I can pub lunch it tomorrow (it is normally the only time I leave the house during the week :o)
    Must use my stash up!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport