🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Knit Witch's NitWit LBM, debt busting with yarn!

Options

Comments

• Knit_Witch
    Knit_Witch Posts: 4,436 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Good morning and happy Friday :D

Very well done on both the debts and the lbs! Very proud of you :j

Any plans for the weekend? Tomorrow is our wee pamper day and I can't wait! Sooooo ready for it!! lol :)

(PS. I'm failing on the knitting/NVQ challenge :o Maybe later today... ;))

Enjoy your pamper day! Hmm plans for the weekend, a lot of chilling and some more clearing and tidying (and I may work on my tapestry or knitting - speaking of which when are you going to do your bit of the challenge? ;))
    Must use my stash up!
  • cazmanian_minx
    Options
    Hooray for chunks, losses and knitting mojo :D I've done 42 minutes of my one hour challenge (handily, one pattern repeat takes 21 minutes!) - I should be able to complete it tonight if the dog's feeling peaceful :)
  • Knit_Witch
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hooray for chunks, losses and knitting mojo :D I've done 42 minutes of my one hour challenge (handily, one pattern repeat takes 21 minutes!) - I should be able to complete it tonight if the dog's feeling peaceful :)

Go you! Hmm knitting might be the best here I think I need a thicker cardigan sooner rather than later :rotfl:
    Must use my stash up!
  • HeadAboveWater
    Options
    Knit_Witch wrote: »
    Enjoy your pamper day!

Thanks! Will do! :D
    Hmm plans for the weekend, a lot of chilling [STRIKE]and some more clearing and tidying[/STRIKE]

Perfect ;)
    when are you going to do your bit of the challenge? ;))

Ummmm..... later?? :o
    Wealth is what you're left with when all your money runs out
  • eco
    eco Posts: 1,147 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hiya, been reading about the knitting, I'm left handed and my mum taught me to knit, I had to learn to knit right handed tho, as my mum couldn't put my mistakes right. Would love to learn to crochet my mum did both exceptionally well but she died before I picked the knitting bug back up so can't get lessons there, which is a shame.

I agree about knitting taking your mind off spending, but then find myself on ebay buying needles, wool and bits, knitting for me at the mo is keeping me sane looking for a new job, so I'll keep reading to keep from spending.

Good luck with your journey
  • Knit_Witch
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    HAW I loved the way you cancelled out some of the plans :D

Challenge ... remember the challenge!
    Must use my stash up!
  • Knit_Witch
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    eco wrote: »
    Hiya, been reading about the knitting, I'm left handed and my mum taught me to knit, I had to learn to knit right handed tho, as my mum couldn't put my mistakes right. Would love to learn to crochet my mum did both exceptionally well but she died before I picked the knitting bug back up so can't get lessons there, which is a shame.

I agree about knitting taking your mind off spending, but then find myself on ebay buying needles, wool and bits, knitting for me at the mo is keeping me sane looking for a new job, so I'll keep reading to keep from spending.

Good luck with your journey

Thank you eco .... oooh I have a follower (memo to self put something interesting up every so often :rotfl:)
    Must use my stash up!
  • HeadAboveWater
    Options
    Happy Monday :)

Haven't done my part of the challenge I'm ashamed to say. But I've got class this afternoon for 3 hours. Does that count?!?
    Wealth is what you're left with when all your money runs out
  • Knit_Witch
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Happy Monday :)

Haven't done my part of the challenge I'm ashamed to say. But I've got class this afternoon for 3 hours. Does that count?!?

Of course that counts :D
    Must use my stash up!
  • poohbear59
    poohbear59 Posts: 4,866 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    :wave:Hi Knit Witch

Thought I would pop over here to see you. I love knitting, was a textiles teacher :D

What a good idea to knit to stop nibbling :D I must try it more in the evenings. I tend to knit more in Winter but as nights are drawing in it seems time to get the needles out again.

I am knitting things for our holiday cottage, so far cushion covers, tea cosies, mug hugs, and next will be a cafetiere cosy. Only little things as the arthritis kills!!
    business mortgage £0))''(+ Barclay's business kitchen loan £0=Total paid off was £96105 PPI claimed and received £13527
    'I had a black dog, his name was depression".
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport