11K Posts
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The cute dog's back on Aldi's page.
  • atillaatilla Forumite
    862 Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Seems neither of these companies understand the first rule of holes.

When you're in one, stop digging.
  • Guys_DadGuys_Dad Forumite
    11K Posts
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    atilla wrote: »
    Seems neither of these companies understand the first rule of holes.

When you're in one, stop digging.

With Aldi being a German company, maybe their UK PR person handling the bad publicity misheard when the German Head office rang and said

"Good work. Keep going, mien herr"
  • StromaStroma Forumite
    8K Posts
    Uniform Washer
    ✭✭✭✭
    The problem with that number is that its been confirmed that they pass on your details to parking eye to call their customer. So regardless of whether it goes to Aldi initially, they do pass it on to the scamming scumbags.

They (Aldi) have got themselves in this mess, there is no sympathy for them at all, they are giving stupid replies that doesn't make sense half the time. They are having a public relations disaster, they deserve it for hiring Parking Eye to mismanage their car parks!
    When posting a parking issue on MSE do not reveal any information that may enable PPCs to identify you. They DO monitor the forum.
    We don't need the following to help you.
    Name, Address, PCN Number, Exact Date Of Incident, Date On Invoice, Reg Number, Vehicle Picture, The Time You Entered & Left Car Park, Or The Amount of Time You Overstayed.
    :beer: Anti Enforcement Hobbyist Member :beer:
  • Keep going folks - always worth a few seconds to post on the Aldi Facebook page. I'm determined to ensure I post at least once a day this week. I wonder when they'll stop using "cut and paste" ?
  • trisontanatrisontana Forumite
    9.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    I imagine there is just a couple of probably junior people working at head office over the weekend. Wait till tomorrow when the senior staff are around. I wonder if they will react differently?
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • trisontanatrisontana Forumite
    9.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    I see they are now starting to react:-

we’re pulling together more information on our parking, which will be posted onto the main wall shortly. Thanks again for your comments, Aldi UK Facebook Team
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • trisontana wrote: »
    I see they are now starting to react:-

we’re pulling together more information on our parking, which will be posted onto the main wall shortly. Thanks again for your comments, Aldi UK Facebook Team

Given it was in direct response to my post I look forward to the answer !
  • Kite2010Kite2010 Forumite
    4.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Home Insurance Hacker! Car Insurance Carver!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Poor Aldi

It's about time, bye-bye scammers.

"All monies raised by motoring penalty/fine/charges to be paid into a central governmental pot where the individual councils/ppcs have no access to, watch as the number of tickets falls off a cliff"
  • StromaStroma Forumite
    8K Posts
    Uniform Washer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Further to that
    Following recent complaints from our customers regarding our parking, we’d like to give you more information on how they operate.

A car park management system is in place in a number of our stores across the UK to help us ensure that we can provide free car parking to all our customers. In many cases our car parks are managed by Parking Eye.

Parking time limits are given to customers to allow them enough time to do their shopping, as this then helps to ensure when other customers come to our stores there will be spaces available for them. We understand that being able to find a car parking space makes your shopping experience even easier, and we’re keen to make sure that your time is not wasted by people who are parking in our car parks for reasons other than shopping at Aldi.

Should anyone go over the parking time limit, Parking Eye will issue them with a charge. We would like to assure our customers that Aldi does not receive any revenue from these parking measures.

If any customer feels that they have received a charge unfairly, please do let us know and we are more than happy to look into appeals on a case by case basis.

If you have received a charge and would like to appeal, you can contact us at [email protected] or by sending us a private message here on our Page. Parking Eye also has a fair appeals process and customers can appeal directly with them. Please include any proof of purchase you may hold as this will assist us in your appeal.
    When posting a parking issue on MSE do not reveal any information that may enable PPCs to identify you. They DO monitor the forum.
    We don't need the following to help you.
    Name, Address, PCN Number, Exact Date Of Incident, Date On Invoice, Reg Number, Vehicle Picture, The Time You Entered & Left Car Park, Or The Amount of Time You Overstayed.
    :beer: Anti Enforcement Hobbyist Member :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides