MSE News: Sky offers free broadband for sports subscribers

Replies

• VisionManVisionMan Forumite
    1.6K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    penrhyn wrote: »
    So its Duck with Cherries, Duck with Orange or Duck Surprise.

A-LA Farty Trowles...

:D
  • Nada666Nada666 Forumite
    5K Posts
    Spend £70 or £80 per month with us and we'll throw in broadband (value about £10). The generosity is astonishing.
  • So stick with Sky and get free Boardband for £42 per month for Sky Sport plus a forthcoming increase of up to 10%, or move to BT pay £10 and get free BT Sports.

Not sure I'd call Sky's offer a "game changer" when they are still 4x to 5x more expensive?
    1.6K Posts
    Topper1900 wrote: »
    So stick with Sky and get free Boardband for £42 per month for Sky Sport plus a forthcoming increase of up to 10%, or move to BT pay £10 and get free BT Sports.

Not sure I'd call Sky's offer a "game changer" when they are still 4x to 5x more expensive?

If one sticks with Sky and moves to BT BB, The BT Sport pack is actually free. Or should I say at no extra cost.
  • VisionMan wrote: »
    If one sticks with Sky and moves to BT BB, The BT Sport pack is actually free. Or should I say at no extra cost.

By coincidence I moved yesterday to get away from Sky's awful Connect Boardband, I was worried I might have lost out on a good Sky deal - clearly I haven't and also got BT Sport for free.
  • Just get the cheapest half decent broadband you can find and watch sports online for free !!
  • 50Twuncle50Twuncle Forumite
    10.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    This is a plain con - designed to catch out idiots

Why would anyone want to pay £60+ per month for sports and (generously) receive "FREE" broadband worth £10 per month - only to discover that, come September - the subscription will rise by £6+ per month

Sky are giving a £4 discount per month on their £720 pa service - isn't that good of them ?

So - what will Sky charge for combined Sports and Internet - in 12 months time ? You can bet that they will raise the whole package by at least ANOTHER 10%.

You try to get your phone line restored to another provider after this 12 months is up - you will be made to "JUMP THROUGH HOOPS" !!

Watch the number of additional idiots who sign up....
    1.6K Posts
    21Twinkle wrote: »
    This is a plain con - designed to catch out idiots

Why would anyone want to pay £60+ per month for sports and (generously) receive "FREE" broadband worth £10 per month - only to discover that, come September - the subscription will rise by £6+ per month

Sky are giving a £4 discount per month on their £720 pa service - isn't that good of them ?

Actually, 21Twinkle, Sky users are debating this very 'offer' on another forum. And they have all arrived at the same conclusion as you. They are underwhelmed, to say the least.
  • Kite2010Kite2010 Forumite
    4.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Home Insurance Hacker! Car Insurance Carver!
    I wonder if they will offer it in non-LLU areas (sky connect), somehow I doubt it.
  • I've just contacted sky to ask about the free 12 months broadband. I have a full package including sky sports.
    They have never heard of this offer or are not keen to give it away. They told me to try back in a week or so to see it's filtered through. I have received an offer for 12 months half price but I'll be happy to keep sky broadband and TV package if they do offer me 12 months free broadband.
    I would be interested to hear if any sky sports customers do receive the 12 month free broadband offer.
    Cheers
This discussion has been closed.
LATEST MSE NEWS AND GUIDES