MSE News: Sky offers free broadband for sports subscribers

Replies

• VisionManVisionMan Forumite
    1.6K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    penrhyn wrote: »
    So its Duck with Cherries, Duck with Orange or Duck Surprise.

A-LA Farty Trowles...

:D
  • Nada666Nada666 Forumite
    5K Posts
    Spend £70 or £80 per month with us and we'll throw in broadband (value about £10). The generosity is astonishing.
  • So stick with Sky and get free Boardband for £42 per month for Sky Sport plus a forthcoming increase of up to 10%, or move to BT pay £10 and get free BT Sports.

Not sure I'd call Sky's offer a "game changer" when they are still 4x to 5x more expensive?
    1.6K Posts
    Topper1900 wrote: »
    So stick with Sky and get free Boardband for £42 per month for Sky Sport plus a forthcoming increase of up to 10%, or move to BT pay £10 and get free BT Sports.

Not sure I'd call Sky's offer a "game changer" when they are still 4x to 5x more expensive?

If one sticks with Sky and moves to BT BB, The BT Sport pack is actually free. Or should I say at no extra cost.
  • VisionMan wrote: »
    If one sticks with Sky and moves to BT BB, The BT Sport pack is actually free. Or should I say at no extra cost.

By coincidence I moved yesterday to get away from Sky's awful Connect Boardband, I was worried I might have lost out on a good Sky deal - clearly I haven't and also got BT Sport for free.
  • Just get the cheapest half decent broadband you can find and watch sports online for free !!
  • 50Twuncle50Twuncle Forumite
    10.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    This is a plain con - designed to catch out idiots

Why would anyone want to pay £60+ per month for sports and (generously) receive "FREE" broadband worth £10 per month - only to discover that, come September - the subscription will rise by £6+ per month

Sky are giving a £4 discount per month on their £720 pa service - isn't that good of them ?

So - what will Sky charge for combined Sports and Internet - in 12 months time ? You can bet that they will raise the whole package by at least ANOTHER 10%.

You try to get your phone line restored to another provider after this 12 months is up - you will be made to "JUMP THROUGH HOOPS" !!

Watch the number of additional idiots who sign up....
    1.6K Posts
    21Twinkle wrote: »
    This is a plain con - designed to catch out idiots

Why would anyone want to pay £60+ per month for sports and (generously) receive "FREE" broadband worth £10 per month - only to discover that, come September - the subscription will rise by £6+ per month

Sky are giving a £4 discount per month on their £720 pa service - isn't that good of them ?

Actually, 21Twinkle, Sky users are debating this very 'offer' on another forum. And they have all arrived at the same conclusion as you. They are underwhelmed, to say the least.
  • Kite2010Kite2010 Forumite
    4.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Home Insurance Hacker! Car Insurance Carver!
    Forumite
    I wonder if they will offer it in non-LLU areas (sky connect), somehow I doubt it.
  • I've just contacted sky to ask about the free 12 months broadband. I have a full package including sky sports.
    They have never heard of this offer or are not keen to give it away. They told me to try back in a week or so to see it's filtered through. I have received an offer for 12 months half price but I'll be happy to keep sky broadband and TV package if they do offer me 12 months free broadband.
    I would be interested to hear if any sky sports customers do receive the 12 month free broadband offer.
    Cheers
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Who can suggest a top-notch bed?

This Forumite's mattress is in need of a base

MSE Forum

Top theatre lotteries

How to grab £10-£25 tix for Cabaret, Matilda etc

MSE Deals