We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Mozzarella - 2 pks should have been used by yesterday - Help !

123578

Comments

  • I like mine on a wrap with mayo and salad Yum! Sounds a bit boring but it's not!
    mardatha wrote: »
    It's what is inside your head that matters in life - not what's outside your window :D
    Every worthwhile accomplishment, big or little, has its stages of drudgery and triumph; a beginning, a struggle and a victory. - Ghandi
  • zippychick
    zippychick Posts: 9,328 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Possibly in a sandwich with pepper and tomatoes and basil? it is quite tasteless and more for stringy cheesiness, so i have only ever used it in hot food - pizza topping, pasta bakes, baked potatoes etc. You can always freeze it?
    A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men :cool:
    Norn Iron club member #380

  • Didn't know it could freeze! I've found some pizza dough mix so was thinking of calzone but don't have any tomato sauce or puree and only 4 cherry tomatoes! Hmmm
  • Mozzarella is delish on a sarnie with avocado and tomato. A bit of fresh basil, some frsh peeper and a drizzle of olive oil will make it into the Rolls Royce of sandwiches.
  • zippychick
    zippychick Posts: 9,328 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Baked beans juice works as well!? :D Or you could use pesto instead? Or make base sauce with tinned toms?

    I don't think you are supposed to freeze it but I know people on here do!
    A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men :cool:
    Norn Iron club member #380

  • Haven't got tinned tomatoes, don't know why!

    I have avacados though! Yum!
  • CCP
    CCP Posts: 5,062 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    zippychick wrote: »
    Possibly in a sandwich with pepper and tomatoes and basil? it is quite tasteless and more for stringy cheesiness, so i have only ever used it in hot food - pizza topping, pasta bakes, baked potatoes etc. You can always freeze it?

    If it's the good sort, made in Italy, it won't be tasteless - it's got a lovely, delicately creamy flavour and is absolutely delicious. :drool: I'm with BitterAndTwisted - you can't get a nicer sandwich filling!

    Damn, I really fancy mozzarella and tomato now, and I'm on a no-spend day. :mad:
    Back after a very long break!
  • zippychick
    zippychick Posts: 9,328 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    i want one too , never had one!
    A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men :cool:
    Norn Iron club member #380

  • Claire_Bear
    Claire_Bear Posts: 1,372 Forumite
    How about making a fritatta and putting it on the top? I have a lovely spinach and mozarella omelette today yum yum :)
    D'you know, in 900 years of space and time, I've never met anyone who wasn't important
    The Doctor
    Taste The Rainbow :heartsmil
  • ubamother
    ubamother Posts: 1,190 Forumite
    if you do decide to freeze it, drain the water first and you can grate it onto pizzas straight from frozen
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.