PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

August 2013 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• CherryPie
    CherryPie Posts: 429 Forumite
    Options
    Puddickle wrote: »
    I also had a good spending day as I went out for coffee with a friend who wanted to treat me because I finally got my degree - finishing with a distinction on my last essay (2:1 overall). So NSD for me!

Well done on your degree!! :j And good on your friend for treating you.

Popping in to add a wee spend of £8.52 on veg, potatoes, milk, pineapple chunks, yeast sachets, butter beans and some other things that I've already put away.

Currently got this on the go for tomorrow nights dinner:

http://agirlcalledjack.com/2013/02/10/mushroom-bacon-ale-casserole-28p/

Smells delicious!!
    My name is CherryPie and I'm addicted to grocery shopping!!

Grocery Challenge

Feb 2016 - £46.73 / £100.00
  • K9sandFelines
    K9sandFelines Posts: 2,573 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker
    edited 31 July 2013 at 3:38PM
    Options
    £65.03 spend between C*-*p and Mr T ... loads in to last
    GC £150 a month for food, toiletries and cleaning Jan £134.58 Feb £137.18 Mar £118.89 April £
    Forever learning the art of frugality
  • Florenceem
    Florenceem Posts: 7,951 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Spend of £1.44 on milk + YS tomatoes.
    Busy day - electrician here + I was stripping wallpaper.
    Dinner was poached eggs, smoked bacon, tomatoes, mushrooms + buttered warm granary french stick.
    Decluttering Achieved - 2023 - 10,364 Decluttering Target - 2024 - 3129 May - 0/1
    GC NSD 2023 - 242/365
    2023 Craft Makes - 245 Craft Spends 2023 - £676.03/£400
    Books read - 2023 - 37
    GC - 2024 4 Week Period £58.56/£100 NSD - 81
    2024 Craft Makes - 209 Craft Spends 2024 £312.42/£500
  • Bluegreen143
    Bluegreen143 Posts: 3,055 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Currently at £41.11 / £175 after my Mr M shop at the weekend and have LOADS of food in. No spend day today and had a lovely dinner of spiced lentils and sweet potatoes in wraps - yum :)

meg - yes it is nice :) I've always liked having my birthday on 18/08, and I was born in 88, so always felt like 8 was my lucky number lol!

As for the barbecue, Moneysupermarket.com have regular competitions for bloggers where they give you some money to do something (e.g. host a barbecue, previous ones I think were have a night in, decorate a room for £50 and others) and you have to blog about how you managed to do it on a budget, then the winning post gets a prize. Really pleased I got to take part :)
    Part time working mum | Married in 2014 | DS born 2015 & DD born 2018 | Allegedly attempting to be mortgage free - diary here
  • barneydee_2
    barneydee_2 Posts: 318 Forumite
    edited 30 July 2013 at 7:01AM
    Options
    Hi I have really got to get into this I have tried a few times but failed.
    I added up my spends in mr s for July and I nearly gave him my wages back(I work in Mr S) know there is just me & oh my last dd has just moved out so know is the time to cut back as I need to save money as we need a new fridge/ freezer & oven in the next few months so can you put me down for £ 250.00 .
    Dee
    July grocery challenge £250.00/£408.93
    August grocery challenge£350.00
    2/8£28.46
  • raggy_doll
    raggy_doll Posts: 18 Forumite
    Options
    I'm doing my shop 2 days early today, as my monthly target this month is £850, I'm going to try and spend no more than 250 this week and 200 for the remaining weeks - it might be quite difficult tho as I have no food left in my freezer after it broke and I lost all the food.

Has anybody made wraps before? I'm having to spend £3.10 on a packet of 3 atm so thought it might be easier to make my own.
  • sheeppappar
    sheeppappar Posts: 252 Forumite
    Options
    raggy_doll wrote: »

Has anybody made wraps before? I'm having to spend £3.10 on a packet of 3 atm so thought it might be easier to make my own.

crikey... is that 3.10 for 3 packets or 3 wraps?!!

I would prob have a shot of making them too if anyone has a recipe :) actually I'll go + check the recipe index....

Mr sheep did the shopping yesterday (aldi).. spent £60 including the reduction for the voucher but we do seem to have lots of meat so that's good .. not sure what there is but I am going to enjoy this week while he's off with the kids + making the teas/doing the shopping instead of me hurrah.

Have a fab rest of week everyone! x
    CC1 £7,944.10
    CC2 £2,680.03
    CC3 £1,020.88
  • dylan2011
    dylan2011 Posts: 136 Forumite
    Options
    Do you mean flour tortilla wraps?
    Mum of 2 monkey. 4 yrs and 2 yrs :j
    Starting again...
    July GC £65/£200
  • raggy_doll
    Options
    crikey... is that 3.10 for 3 packets or 3 wraps?!!

I would prob have a shot of making them too if anyone has a recipe :) actually I'll go + check the recipe index....

Mr sheep did the shopping yesterday (aldi).. spent £60 including the reduction for the voucher but we do seem to have lots of meat so that's good .. not sure what there is but I am going to enjoy this week while he's off with the kids + making the teas/doing the shopping instead of me hurrah.

Have a fab rest of week everyone! x

£3.10 for 3 wraps!!! It's because they're gluten free, it's ridiculously expensive trying to feed our family as all 3 kids and my OH eat gluten free food. I split the wraps in half for the kids as they don't need a whole one for lunch but it still works out at more than 50p per portion :/
  • raggy_doll
    Options
    dylan2011 wrote: »
    Do you mean flour tortilla wraps?

yep, they're the ones :) I'm thinking if I substitute the flour for gluten free flour it should still work but have never made them before so looking for a tried and tested recipe.

Hmmm, wonder if I can freeze them too?

Speaking of freezing stuff, does anybody know if I make fishcakes can I freeze them before cooking them so that I can defrost them when I need them? (you can tell I'm a newbie to all this pre making stuff can't you?!)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure