The Ultimate Incentive part 10. The only thing holding you back is you.

Options

Comments

• clearmydebts
    clearmydebts Posts: 6,485 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    :j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j

I am beyond thrilled for you Birdie. I got my + with Max in June 2009 and he was due 19th Feb, came 2nd March. I am chuffed to bits!

Tete - love love love the dress. It is exactly my taste!

Wendz - can't believe it is only 1 month til your wedding. It only seems like yesterday since you booked it!

Dinah - thrilled to see you have come back from hols on guns blazing! Was it the 'Savvy Womans Guide'........ that inpsired you? It certainly changed the way I viewed things and since I have read it my debts are going down a lot quicker. But more than that, my outlook has changed as well.

Hi all - I have had a fairly tough few weeks. Max had chickenpox, my Granny broke her hip and is in hospital but this has thrown up some other concerns about her homelife with her partner (she remarried after my Grandad died), now Evie has chickenpox but has a horrendous dose and is clinging and crying since Saturday and only wants me, so I had to cancel the charity the walk I was due to do today.

Warning - Mums-to-be (aka Birdie and Flower) don't read further as this is upsetting.
    2 of my close friends lost their little baby a few days after he was born. I won't go into 2 much details but I can't make sense of how this could happen and I am seriously questioning everything at the moment :(
    Total (Aug 19):€58,567 Now:€26,947
    DFD:Nov 22/June 22
    Mortgage: €199,712
    MFD: March 2042/July 2034
  • Kittikins
    Kittikins Posts: 5,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Congratulations Birdie :)

Thanks for the new diary Dinah, your holiday sounds like it's done you a power of good :)
  • Dinah93
    Dinah93 Posts: 11,463 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    It's this book CMD recommended Tete, I found it really inspirational (at the start, towards the end she just rambles a bit).
    Debt January 1st 2018 £96,999.81
    Debt September 20th 2022 £2991.68- 96.92% paid off
    Met NIM 23/06/2008
  • Dinah93
    Options
    Warning - Mums-to-be (aka Birdie and Flower) don't read further as this is upsetting.
    2 of my close friends lost their little baby a few days after he was born. I won't go into 2 much details but I can't make sense of how this could happen and I am seriously questioning everything at the moment :(

I'm so sorry to hear that. It's heartbreaking when it happens, you just assume anything would be picked up on the scan, but as I've found with the ACD diagnosis a lot of things can't be diagnosed in-utero. It's impossible to think of happening at the most joyous time of your life.
    Met NIM 23/06/2008
  • Dinah93
    Options
    I'm plumping for Birdie's baby to be 8 days early - it can share my birthday then :D
    Met NIM 23/06/2008
  • tinkerbel
    tinkerbel Posts: 1,795 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Congratulations Birdie! I'm so happy for you and your OH! So exciting!!
  • roomontheend
    roomontheend Posts: 442 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Oh a shiny new diary.

Congratulations Birdie wonderful news.
    Total debt Feb 2012 = £54354.11 😳
    😁Debt Free and you can do it too
  • starnac
    starnac Posts: 5,917 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Congratulations Birdie. I did a BIG post for you on the old thread but thought I'd best do it here too in case you missed it. Tete love the dress. I would so wear that.

Dinah. I'm glad the holiday focused you. I am the same. I can do short term goals but can't keep it up for the long term. Hence why I am still here too :(. I'm sorry to hear Grace has hayfever. We were concerned that DS might have it too as we have already been told he has too many histamines in his body but apart from a bit of sneezing so far he's been fine *fingers crossed*

CMD sorry things have been rough and also about your friend. That is just awful. If you want a chat PM me as I've recently been through similar emotions for similar reasons.

Are we still doing JDIJ?
    Goals for September
    Declutter 10/20
    Money Made £56.52/£200
    Overpayments £0/£200 not this month as need to put into savings instead
  • Lara44
    Lara44 Posts: 2,961 Forumite
    Options
    Happy new diary!

Wonderful goals, Dinah especially numbers 7 and 8. Knowledge is power! It's a great idea to switch to a medium term perspective. I prefer to do that because it shapes short term goals to an extent. Then they are really contributing to a bigger picture of the life you want. I am going to be unemployed from October time. I will join you in cooking up some dreams. Ideally I'd like to follow Birdie soon ;)

CMD - sorry to hear about all that has happened. I am sure you're really worried and upset for your Gran. I really hope Evie feels better soon. Sometimes it seems like it never rains but it pours. I really hope that things will get better soon. Impressive debt-busting though amongst all the chaos!

Birdie - more details please! Are you having any symptoms? :j :j

Hugs to all xx
    :A :heartpuls June 2014 / £2014 in 2014 / £735.97 / 36.5%
  • archersluck
    archersluck Posts: 624 Forumite
    Options
    Happy new diary - rooting for you Dinah!

Like Star I posted on the old diary - super happy for you Birdie, so exciting :) How are you feeling?

I need to think of something for JDIJ... Have plenty to do but not sure where to start. Did tick something of my 30 before 30 list on Saturday - saw Beyonce in concert. I was girl crushing big time!

Saving for a deposit: £11,621.15
    20/25lbs
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family