Options
1234568»

Comments

• RHemmings
    RHemmings Posts: 3,497 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    nergelag wrote: »
    I'll second everything being said here - things simply don't sell on eBid. I try selling an identical item on eBay and it sells. The link to Google Shopping doesn't seem to make any difference to this.

For buying books, I find that it is worth checking ebid. If I have a book I wish to purchase, I'll check out ebay, abebooks, amazon, and ebid And sometimes the best deal is on ebid.

The ebid forums make very interesting reading, and reading between the lines (and frequently just straight reading) shows the current problems of selling on ebid.
  • sid_not_vicious
    Options
    was on ebid and ebay and other sites 4 years ago for about 18 month, i had many hundreds of ebay sales and only 3 on ebid.. I have come back to selling on line after a 3 year break due to ill health.
    Because i have the £49.99 lifetime ebid membership i have listed on their.
    so far one month 36 sales ebay nothing ebid some elsewhere ebid is the only one with zero sales...

its pants frankly, dont bother...

yes i know that diminishes my stupid £50 investment, but its honest...
  • smithgor
    smithgor Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    I've been using Ebay for years, mostly as a buyer, but sometimes as a seller. Up until now all has gone smoothly and the selling fees have been the only real negative.

This week. however I won an auction - at a good price - and the seller procrastinated about giving me the address to collect from, eventually filing a request to nullify the sale. In the resolution centre I declined the request at which point the case became marked as "closed"...eh? It is far from closed if its not resolved.

Then I tried Ebay customer service - when I finally managed to negotiate the labyrinth designed to evade any resolution of buying problems I raised an email request to ask them to investigate. I was told that because I had raised a PayPal case they could not deal with it. It was not me that had raised the case, it was the rogue seller.

Even the option of leaving bad feedback had been removed I then found.

So it is clear that the whole Ebay auction process is fatally flawed and Ebay cannot/will not take rogue sellers to task.

I for one will be looking for alternatives to Ebay now.
  • dazidas
    Options
    FruGal wrote: »
    ebay has a charitable foundation?
    as a charity shop I can tell u they have to pay 0.1percent in the pound to achieve this . now there charging 15percent and a percentage of the postage as they cant be bothered to open there own postage regulator !!!!!!
  • RFW
    RFW Posts: 10,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    dazidas wrote: »
    as a charity shop I can tell u they have to pay 0.1percent in the pound to achieve this . now there charging 15percent and a percentage of the postage as they cant be bothered to open there own postage regulator !!!!!!
    I'm sure you've got a valid point but I don't know what it is. Any chance you could post this so it makes sense?
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,236 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    RFW wrote: »
    I'm sure you've got a valid point but I don't know what it is. Any chance you could post this so it makes sense?

I was assuming I was too dim to know what a charity postage regulator was..so I am glad someone else wants this explained.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,560 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Ebid or Ebay?

Maybe their post is incomplete? Links missing?
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• RHemmings
    RHemmings Posts: 3,497 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    As this thread shows, for years we've been hearing how ebid is growing by word of mouth, and there have been suggestions that sellers are/will desert ebay.

It doesn't seem to have happened, does it.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,236 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    RHemmings wrote: »
    As this thread shows, for years we've been hearing how ebid is growing by word of mouth, and there have been suggestions that sellers are/will desert ebay.

It doesn't seem to have happened, does it.

Although yesterday I saw my first post on the ebay community boards for ages suggesting that ebid was the place that welcomed sellers banned by ebay. They had managed to stop the suggestion that ebid was full of dodgy sellers, but it looks as though it might have started up again.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure