bigsy Posts: 178 Forumite
    Options
    This is what I received:

Youinvest:
    VHYL 29/12/14 0.640324

IWeb:
    VWRL issued 31/12/14 0.637549
    VFEM issued 05/1/15 0.637547

As before, it is unclear to me whether the conversion rate is that on the pay date (29/12/14 for all the above) or the date I received the dividends. As the conversion rate for VWRL & VFEM is almost identical that would suggest that that the conversion happened on the same day.
  • masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,485 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Well it looks like I'm waiting around for II to pay out my VUSA dividend again. No doubt it has been received and converted promptly, but as to when I will receive it...

I'll post again when I do.
  • Glen_Clark
    Glen_Clark Posts: 4,397 Forumite
    Options
    This is what I received from x-o on 29/12/14
    VWRL: £0.169429
    VUSA: £0.108166
    VUKE: £0.175710

Still waiting for VEUR which was about a week late last time when there were no bank holidays to slow it down further
    “It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends on his not understanding it.” --Upton Sinclair
  • masonic
    Options
    Although this is not a Vanguard ETF, just for interest I received a $ dividend for ISP6 and was paid £0.1066 per share, with the dollar rate being $0.1655. Payable date was 08/01 (mid-market rate: 0.6616) and I received it today, 09/01 (mid-market rate: 0.6626). III claim not to levy their own conversion charge, so the hidden charge from their bank in this case was >2.7%! Perhaps this is larger than for my previous VUSA dividend because this IShares ETF is a little more exotic and the aggregate sum converted was significantly lower.
  • ajdj
    ajdj Posts: 567 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    bigsy wrote: »
    This is what I received:

Youinvest:
    VHYL 29/12/14 0.640324

IWeb:
    VWRL issued 31/12/14 0.637549
    VFEM issued 05/1/15 0.637547

As before, it is unclear to me whether the conversion rate is that on the pay date (29/12/14 for all the above) or the date I received the dividends. As the conversion rate for VWRL & VFEM is almost identical that would suggest that that the conversion happened on the same day.

Mine also with YouInvest:
    VHYL 29/12/14 0.640324
    VFEM 29/12/14 0.640324
  • masonic
    Options
    masonic wrote: »
    I'll post again when I do.
    Finally credited today - VUSA £0.107566 (0.631 conversion rate)

Looks like about 2% loading again assuming it was exchanged promptly.
  • chucknorris
    chucknorris Posts: 10,786 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    https://www.vanguard.co.uk/uk/portal/investor-resources/support/investing-help

The £100,000 per fund minimum investment could be a bit of an obstacle if that is the minimum value you must hold on an ongoing basis - the site is unclear about that.

Is there an advantage with investing directly with Vanguard as opposed to HL?
    Chuck Norris can kill two stones with one birdThe only time Chuck Norris was wrong was when he thought he had made a mistakeChuck Norris puts the "laughter" in "manslaughter".I've started running again, after several injuries had forced me to stop
  • masonic
    Options
    Is there an advantage with investing directly with Vanguard as opposed to HL?
    There's an advantage to holding on most other platforms, since they are cheaper than HL. Presumably Vanguard do not charge a platform fee if you hold directly with them.
  • chucknorris
    chucknorris Posts: 10,786 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    There's an advantage to holding on most other platforms, since they are cheaper than HL. Presumably Vanguard do not charge a platform fee if you hold directly with them.

I thought that HL were quite cheap, there is no platform fee, so you only pay £11.95 to buy and sell and the Vanguards fee and spread (or have I missed something?).
    Chuck Norris can kill two stones with one birdThe only time Chuck Norris was wrong was when he thought he had made a mistakeChuck Norris puts the "laughter" in "manslaughter".I've started running again, after several injuries had forced me to stop
  • masonic
    edited 15 January 2015 at 8:32PM
    Options
    I thought that HL were quite cheap, there is no platform fee, so you only pay £11.95 to buy and sell and the Vanguards fee and spread (or have I missed something?).
    The post you've quoted was discussing holding Vanguard Lifestrategy within ISA/SIPP, so a 0.45% platform fee applies if doing so through HL.

However, there are also platform charges for holding ETFs within ISA or SIPP, capped at £45 (ISA) or £200 (SIPP). If you are holding £100,000 of each ETF as you would need to do direct with Vanguard, I suppose £45 or £200 per year is insignificant, but it could be done elsewhere for no platform fee. Outside of an ISA/SIPP there would be no platform fee, but the trading charges are expensive relative to the £5-6 you could deal for elsewhere and likely zero cost of buying and selling direct with Vanguard.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure