Vanguard extend ETF range

Options

Comments

• masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,482 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Glen_Clark wrote: »
    Its the dividends paid in foreign currency ones (VUSA) we are interested in to see how much commission has been charged to convert them to sterling. Please post those when you receive them.
    Wow, still no sign of my VUSA dividend from II. I'll post details when it finally arrives...
  • SnowMan
    SnowMan Posts: 3,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    masonic wrote: »
    Wow, still no sign of my VUSA dividend from II. I'll post details when it finally arrives...

I'm waiting for my VUSA from First Direct. VFEM and VWRL were paid on 26th September.
    I came, I saw, I melted
  • Glen_Clark
    Glen_Clark Posts: 4,397 Forumite
    Options
    SnowMan wrote: »
    I'm waiting for my VUSA from First Direct. VFEM and VWRL were paid on 26th September.

I'm still waiting for VEUR from X-O, this is the longest I have waited.
    VWRL, VUKE and VUSA received from X-O 2 days ago.
    “It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends on his not understanding it.” --Upton Sinclair
  • masonic
    Options
    SnowMan wrote: »
    Interestingly, looking back over my statement history, I did narrowly make payment of the last VUSA dividend...

VUSA, due 27/06, paid 11/07 (2 weeks late) £0.081059 per share ($0.14141), so conversion rate was 0.573. Who knows when it was converted to sterling, but it doesn't look like USD/GBP went much below 0.583 during that period.
  • SnowMan
    edited 1 October 2014 at 7:14PM
    Options
    Interestingly, looking back over my statement history, I did narrowly make payment of the last VUSA dividend...

VUSA, due 27/06, paid 11/07 (2 weeks late) £0.081059 per share ($0.14141), so conversion rate was 0.573. Who knows when it was converted to sterling, but it doesn't look like USD/GBP went much below 0.583 during that period.

Interactive investor's foreign currency conversion charge appears to be 1% so that would make the exchange rate before charges as 0.579 (=0.573/0.99). That is based on their FX conversion charge on International securities shown here; I'm assuming that applies to foreign dividends also.

But as you say it doesn't look like the exchange rate went that low between 27th June and 11th July so something doesn't look right.
    I came, I saw, I melted
  • bigsy
    bigsy Posts: 178 Forumite
    Options
    IWeb are late arrivals to this round of Vanguard dividend payments.
    VWRL (conversion rate 0.614674) and VFEM (0.614668) on 2/10/14.

I also had a VHYL dividend on Youinvest on 26/9/14, identical conversion rate to that posted earlier by westy22, i.e. 0.612037
  • SnowMan
    Options
    bigsy wrote: »
    IWeb are late arrivals to this round of Vanguard dividend payments.
    VWRL (conversion rate 0.614674) and VFEM (0.614668) on 2/10/14.

Does seem to cast some doubt on whether iweb charge as much as 1.5% on dollar dividend conversion. This was what made me think it was 1.5%.
    Foreign currency conversions are required to facilitate the settlement of international transactions. We apply a charge of 1.5% either side of the available exchange rate when buying and selling international securities
    I came, I saw, I melted
  • LearningToBePassive
    Options
    So that suggests HL are taking the full 1.7% for VWRL in your case
    LearningToBePassive, it might be interesting if you went back to HL and asked why they appeared to have taken the full 1.7%.

So I phoned Hargreaves today and they now confirm that they will always charge 1.7% - the earlier information I received was incorrect. :(

Thanks for helping me get to the bottom of this - although it is disappointing!
  • masonic
    Options
    I'm still waiting for my VUSA dividend. It's now been over 2 weeks and no sign of it. Seems II is even more broken as a platform than I thought...
  • ed44
    ed44 Posts: 22 Forumite
    Options
    I'm still waiting for my VUSA dividend. It's now been over 2 weeks and no sign of it. Seems II is even more broken as a platform than I thought...

I'm still waiting for my VHYL dividend from Alliance Trust. I phoned them and they said that Vanguard hadn't sent them the cheque yet!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure