Vanguard extend ETF range

Options

Comments

• Rollinghome
    Options
    Glen_Clark wrote: »
    Warren Buffet is being called Vanguards Best Salesman after recommending their ETF (VUSA) to his wife in his will.

link to FT article behind paywall here: http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/3be46964-2d2c-11e4-911b-00144feabdc0.html?siteedition=uk#axzz3C2tc7WMk
    Link ducking under paywall... (answer to question required)
  • Glen_Clark
    Glen_Clark Posts: 4,397 Forumite
    Options
    (answer to question required)
    What question?
    “It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends on his not understanding it.” --Upton Sinclair
  • (If this warrants a new thread let me know and I'll kick one off - apologies, I'm new to the forum)

I've recently made a large investment in VWRL and only subsequently spotted the discussion earlier in this thread, initiated by Snowman, about the potentially significant costs that are incurred when the USD dividend arrives.

I'm with Hargreaves Lansdown and went back to them to clarify their "1.7%" charge. According to their website, their charges are tiered, starting at 1.7% for sums up to £9,999 and falling to 0.35% for sums over £350,000. Essentially, I asked them whether the tier depended on the size of dividend I receive for my personal holding or on the overall dividend Hargreaves received from Vanguard for their entire holding across all their clients. I believe their answer indicates the latter - in other words, if you invest in a popular share / ETF, you are likely to be charged less than 1.7%. I'm happy to post what I get I get in the September payment.

Here's their answer:
    "...a reduced rate of 0.35% if we were to receive over 350,000 USD. As a result, in the example you stated if we received 1,000,000 USD as a single payment from VWRL you would also receive the reduced rate with a holding of only 2000 USD."
  • Glen_Clark
    Options
    Glen_Clark wrote: »
    Hi, may I ask where you got that figure from?
    X-O don't give the figure in $
    I got a figure of $0.15994 (without the 3 on the end) from Vanguard website https://www.vanguard.co.uk/institutional/mvc/investments/etf#disttab
    That link no longer works as it just diverts you to the homepage now.
    Does anyone have an updated link that gives the amount of ETF dividends payable please? (not just the payment date)
    “It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends on his not understanding it.” --Upton Sinclair
  • westy22
    westy22 Posts: 1,105 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    try https://www.google.co.uk/finance?q=LON%3AVUSA&ei=vxUMVOibI8aGwAOD2oCIAQ

Select 1 year or 5 years and hover your mouse over the blue D to show the dividend paid to 5 decimal points.
    Old dog but always delighted to learn new tricks!
  • SnowMan
    SnowMan Posts: 3,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    edited 27 September 2014 at 10:07AM
    Options
    The September Vanguard ETF dividends are in the process of being paid.

I've added my two so far into the google spreadsheet.

Note that Vanguard have extended the information available to investors on the institutional part of their website. Go to

https://www.institutional.vanguard.co.uk/portal/site/institutional/uk/en/investment-products/etfs-product-list?productType=etf

Then click on the name of the individual ETF that you are interested in, and there is various information across the tabs including historic distribution information.
    I came, I saw, I melted
  • Glen_Clark
    Options
    I have just received in X-O;
    VWRL: 19.00725p
    VUSA: 9.02691p
    (VEUR and VUKE not received yet)
  • masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,490 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    If you want some data for II, I hold VUKE and VUSA there.

VUKE 29.64796p paid on 26/09/2014
    VUSA - not yet received
  • Glen_Clark
    Options
    masonic wrote: »
    If you want some data for II, I hold VUKE and VUSA there.

VUKE 29.64796p paid on 26/09/2014
    VUSA - not yet received

VUKE is paid in sterling. Its the dividends paid in foreign currency ones (VUSA) we are interested in to see how much commission has been charged to convert them to sterling. Please post those when you receive them.
  • westy22
    westy22 Posts: 1,105 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    VUSA dividends paid 26/09/14 at a conversion rate of 0.612037 (Youinvest SIPP)
    Old dog but always delighted to learn new tricks!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure