Options
    redagila wrote: »
    Read the post above yours

Yes it will be sent out in the post.

Thanks again

Neil
    MightyDeals
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of MightyDeals. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    edited 22 May 2013 at 11:48PM
    Options
    Quentin,

I have answered all your questions as best I can. If you have an other questions please feel free to contact the MightyDeals office and ask to speak to me directly.

I will be in the office from 8.30am tomorrow.

Kind Regards

Neil

Eh??????

You suggest I have asked you lots of questions. And want me to put any more to you privately by phone????

But I haven't asked you anything in this thread.

I put one question to MSE in the MSE feedback thread:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4612451

For some reason you jumped into the thread and answered just half of it.

I subsequently asked you 4 times to answer the other half of the question which you eventually did.

(Oh, and following a separate post from you I did ask if phoning you to complete the payment as you requested in an answer to the growing number of us cannot do so online would jeopardise any cashback payment from a cashback site you fudged the issue with this vague reply:
    Yes, this should still be ok. We don't issue cash back, but the transaction is with us.
    But if it's the best you can do, then we will have to live with it, though it certainly isn't a conclusive answer!

Maybe instead of half answering questions you could get the online payment sorted etc you'd not be so stressed and working so late!
  • pinkcalculator
    Options
    Everyone,

Derbytelegraph are a partner of ours. They have made a simple error, I will correct them.

We are working directly with Shell on this deal. I can assure everyone that Shell have agreed to keep the offer open to existing Shell Drivers Club Members.

I am on here responding and have given our CS number because I want to answer any questions anyone has, but at the same time important everyone knows no one is trying to walk over anyone.

I am 100% accurate in saying existing Shell Drivers Club members can purchase the card and transfer the points.

Kind Regards,

Neil Campbell
    MightyDeals

Thank you very much for posting that :T
  • MightyDeals_representative
    MightyDeals_representative Posts: 355 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Quentin wrote: »
    Eh??????

You suggest I have asked you lots of questions. And want me to put any more to you privately by phone????

But I haven't asked you anything in this thread.

I put one question to MSE in the MSE feedback thread:

For some reason you jumped into the thread and answered just half of it.

I subsequently asked you 4 times to answer the other half of the question which you eventually did.

(Oh, and following a separate post from you I did ask if phoning you to complete the payment as you requested in an answer to the growing number of us cannot do so online would jeopardise any cashback payment from a cashback site you fudged the issue with this vague reply:

But if it's the best you can do, then we will have to live with it, though it certainly isn't a conclusive answer!

Maybe instead of half answering questions you could get the online payment sorted etc you'd not be so stressed and working so late!

Morning Quentin,

Not stressed by staying up late just trying to help.

I have looked over your previous questions to see if I left anything out or didn't answer any of your questions. I believe i answered them all, i simply miss-understood part of the question, but glad we got there in the end. I you are saying I didn't answer all your questions, please ask again in this thread and I will answer publicly.

I am not trying to take anyone off the thread by offering our CS number, it's just out of the total number of cards sold a very small percentage have experienced payment issues. I recommended these people call us to allow us to look into it case by case. We would process payment but it would still go thorough cash back site if that was the source the customer originally tried to purchase through.

MSE have kindly set up this thread so we can answer questions, that is all I am trying to do. The email address we set up for MSE customers is another way for us to help. We are responding to these emails and will continue to do so today and Friday. No-one however will be in the office over the weekend or bank holiday Monday, but we will again respond on Tuesday next week.

Hope this makes sense

Kind Regards

Neil
    I am the official company representative of MightyDeals. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Quentin
    Options
    ... I you are saying I didn't answer all your questions, please ask again in this thread and I will answer publicly.........

.........We would process payment but it would still go thorough cash back site if that was the source the customer originally tried to purchase through.........

.........MSE have kindly set up this thread so we can answer questions, that is all I am trying to do.

You have answered the questions I and others posed on the MSE feedback thread.

The answer which was "hazy" is over the problems of using a cashback site to order and then being unable to complete the transaction online.

Normally cashback sites ts + cs state that to receive cashback the whole transaction must be completed online. Your solution to the problem over not being able to pay online is to phone mighty and pay over the phone, and the question asked was will that mean the cashback is lost (as the transaction hasn't been completed online)

You thank MSE for setting up this thread for you, but it's mrsagill's thread which you now want to turn into your question answering thread? Maybe she should get a thank you?

You request us to now put questions in this thread.

Why not continue to use the MSE feedback thread which you were answering questions on yesterday? (This forum is for "reporting hot bargains", whereas the thread for feedback is specific to this offer, and the obvious place most would go with issues)
  • redfox
    redfox Posts: 15,338 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    as this thread has now moved away from the offer into a general questions and answers thread, I am moving this to the board where the offer is being discussed so this can be merged into it.

The feedback thread is here
  • MightyDeals_representative
    MightyDeals_representative Posts: 355 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Quentin wrote: »
    You have answered the questions I and others posed on the MSE feedback thread.

The answer which was "hazy" is over the problems of using a cashback site to order and then being unable to complete the transaction online.

Normally cashback sites ts + cs state that to receive cashback the whole transaction must be completed online. Your solution to the problem over not being able to pay online is to phone mighty and pay over the phone, and the question asked was will that mean the cashback is lost (as the transaction hasn't been completed online)

You thank MSE for setting up this thread for you, but it's mrsagill's thread which you now want to turn into your question answering thread? Maybe she should get a thank you?

You request us to now put questions in this thread.

Why not continue to use the MSE feedback thread which you were answering questions on yesterday? (This forum is for "reporting hot bargains", whereas the thread for feedback is specific to this offer, and the obvious place most would go with issues)

Quentin,

Another MSE user set up the other thread, which is why I am moving between the 2 threads answering questions.

I have not said we will take the payment over the phone, I am saying we will look into specific failed purchases over the phone as there will be a reason why the purchase failed. If I have said otherwise I apologise. Less than 1% of total purchases have failed, and in the most cases where a payment has failed it is due to the security settings we have in place with worldpay, or a customer has made a genuine mistake.

This is why I am saying if these customers call, we will look into their failed purchase and we can normally do something to activate it, or change the security settings attached to their order, so when they come in again it doesn't fail.

I hope this is clear.

Kind Regards,

Neil
  • mrjamie79
    Options
    jesus,give the guy a break. Like a linch mob some of yous, if you feel that strongly then keep your money in your pocket and dont take the offer up.
    No wonder business` are failing in the UK when people are hanging them before they are even started....Is everything you have ever done in your life perfect? i didnt think so...:A
  • Quentin
    edited 23 May 2013 at 10:59AM
    Options
    mrjamie79 wrote: »
    jesus,give the guy a break. Like a linch mob some of yous, if you feel that strongly then keep your money in your pocket and dont take the offer up.......

Read up on them here and online to see their history. Then you'll know why folk are unusually cautious.

eg. http://www.hotukdeals.com/ask/mighty-deals-co-uk-feedback-1151802?page=6#comments

Even MSE (now their affiliate) had this red warning:
    Warning: In the past there has been some poor feedback in the MSE forums about this company, and while deciding whether to include this deal, we raised those issues with Mighty Deals and asked for measures to be put in place.
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/travel/cheaper-fuel?utm_source=MSE_Newsletter&utm_medium=Email&utm_term=21-May-13&utm_campaign=travel&utm_content=116#shellcard

So far these problems have been reported:

Cannot get the website to accept payment (supposedly resolved, but still being reported)

Cashback websites not told this is a loss leader, so they have to pay out more than mighty deals pay them or lose face

Conflicting ts + cs found on the net over whether or not the offer is open to existing shell card holders

Incorrect info on the mighty website saying the deal is over.

And you ask why we are cautious?
  • Quentin
    Options
    .....Another MSE user set up the other thread, which is why I am moving between the 2 threads answering questions.......

I hope this is clear.

Not really.

The "other thread" you refer to is the "official" MSE feedback thread for your company offer, and was started by MSE:

This is a forum feedback thread to the Shell Deal we featured on 21 May 2013. Please let us know how it goes for you and if you have any issues.
    (This thread you have "hijacked", and asked us to put our questions to you in was started as a grabbit by mrsagill)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure