Comments

• ellpooty
    Options
    You legend thankyou!
  • Former_Flow_Energy
    Former_Flow_Energy Posts: 83 Organisation Representative
    Options
    ellpooty wrote: »
    I tried to switch to Green Network Energy almost a month ago now but the switch was rejected by my current supplier. It’s still unclear why this is and we were unable to resolve it in time so the switch failed. However, 3 weeks later, MSE Energy Club still claims that I have a “switch in progress”, meaning I am now permanenently stuck in a state of switch in progress and cannot switch ever again. Super annoying as Green Network Energy day it’s nothing to do with them and I cannot find any contact details anywhere for Energy Club.. anything I can do?

Hello,

We apologise you are currently going through this.

I would advise that you contact your supplier and query what the objection was for.

The supplier has to inform you of this. If the agent is not able to answer this for you, you can request for a team leader to contact you back to discuss this matter.

We hope everything gets sorted for you soon.

Warm regards,

Joana.
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Flow Energy. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE
  • Former_Flow_Energy
    Options
    spot1034 wrote: »
    Although I'm no longer a Flow customer (and I'm still waiting for my final bill and refund) I have just received an email from Flow about a price increase on my current tariff!

Hello,

Please note a final bill time frame can take up to 6 weeks from your start date with your new provider. Any refunds will take a further 2 weeks to be refunded from the date the final bill is issued.

Please also note if we have not received the final readings from your new provider, we will not be able to process the final bill.

I can confirm an automatic email was sent out to all customers of the price increase.

Once your account is closed, you will not be issued any more emails from us.

Please contact us if you wish to discuss this matter and we will be able to update you.

Warm regards,

Joana.
    I am the official company representative of Flow Energy. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE
  • gjs1701
    gjs1701 Posts: 163 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 25 October 2018 at 11:51AM
    Options
    gjs1701 wrote: »
    I switched away from Flow on 26th August. Flow didn't take a payment in September and there was no sign of a bill so I chased them up. They told me a bill was forthcoming. I got an email to tell me they were altering my direct debit to take a final payment on 17th October.

So while it seems a bit slow, it seems I have avoided the problems other on the boards have encountered.

Boy, was I naive! I though that wasn't going to suffer the problems others had experienced leaving flow..

Flow took their final payment of £31.76 by direct debit on 17th October, exactly as they said.

But:
    Today I received a letter from them, dated 15th September, saying I still owed £31.76.

Better yet, my account page on their website says my next direct will be on 17th November. They'll be lucky, since the DD is now cancelled.

Some energy companies are greedy, some are mendacious, but I think that Flow are just plain stupid.

{Edit} Just to add I phoned Flow and they told me the letter was send because no payment was made in September. Their phone rep didn't seem to know I had left them or they had arranged a final payment by DD via email. Any way she apologised and told me no more payments were required.
  • vicks11
    vicks11 Posts: 39 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    ellpooty wrote: »
    I tried to switch to Green Network Energy almost a month ago now but the switch was rejected by my current supplier. It’s still unclear why this is and we were unable to resolve it in time so the switch failed. However, 3 weeks later, MSE Energy Club still claims that I have a “switch in progress”, meaning I am now permanenently stuck in a state of switch in progress and cannot switch ever again. Super annoying as Green Network Energy day it’s nothing to do with them and I cannot find any contact details anywhere for Energy Club.. anything I can do?

Strangely Flow also objected to my switch. I switched my electric and gas from Flow to EDF on 6th September, the electric switch went through ok but the gas is still at the pending stage, when I contacted EDF they said my current supplier has objected and they are trying to put the switch through again - they did not know why there was a block so I phoned Flow and was told they could see there was an objection but its no longer there and they also could not tell me why - very infuriating as i'm now still stuck on Flow's increased charges for my gas, fingers crossed it will eventually get sorted - and they say the switching process is straight forward!:mad:
  • MissSilver
    Options
    I have had a Flow Account for 21/2 years. 6 months in they advised me I was paying too much and dropped my monthly debit from £80 to £59. Two years on I discover I am £700 in debt and no-one has bothered to flag it to me. All information is accessed via your online account - if you don't check, you don't know. I phoned their customer services who turn out to be based in a call centre in South Africa. The noise levels made it hard to hear them. They were incredibly rude, to the point of hanging up on me when the couldn't answer my query. I have now taken my complaint to the Ombudsman who has adjudicated in my favour that they have not shown a level of care and responsibility to me. The deal is still one of the best around, but I am switching anyway, The question is, where?! Who needs that hassle?
  • Former_Flow_Energy
    Options
    MissSilver wrote: »
    I have had a Flow Account for 21/2 years. 6 months in they advised me I was paying too much and dropped my monthly debit from £80 to £59. Two years on I discover I am £700 in debt and no-one has bothered to flag it to me. All information is accessed via your online account - if you don't check, you don't know. I phoned their customer services who turn out to be based in a call centre in South Africa. The noise levels made it hard to hear them. They were incredibly rude, to the point of hanging up on me when the couldn't answer my query. I have now taken my complaint to the Ombudsman who has adjudicated in my favour that they have not shown a level of care and responsibility to me. The deal is still one of the best around, but I am switching anyway, The question is, where?! Who needs that hassle?

Hello,
    Please accept our apologies that you haven’t experienced Flow’s usually excellent service.
    Please contact us and we can arrange for a call listen to raise a training report.
    As you have not provided your account number, I will not be able to advise you further.
    I can confirm we have a branch in South Africa and all of our agents are equally and well trained.
    If you wish to speak to an agent in the UK, you can request this and we will arrange a call back.
    Warm regards,
    Joana.
  • murmeltier
    Options
    I was happy with Flow until I switched away from them - switch completed on the 20th of September, gaining supplier assured me that meter readings had been accepted, validated and passed on to Flow on the 20th of September, but after over 6 weeks Flow claim they still haven't received anything!

I've asked Flow to escalate on their end, but I'm not happy that they're sitting on my credit balance for no good reason and can't seem to get a final bill generated. Never mind a refund.

Not impressed.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    murmeltier wrote: »
    I was happy with Flow until I switched away from them - switch completed on the 20th of September, gaining supplier assured me that meter readings had been accepted, validated and passed on to Flow on the 20th of September, but after over 6 weeks Flow claim they still haven't received anything!

I've asked Flow to escalate on their end, but I'm not happy that they're sitting on my credit balance for no good reason and can't seem to get a final bill generated. Never mind a refund.

Not impressed.

The gaining supplier manages your switch. Contact them and ask when the industry verified meter readings were passed to Flow? Ask them to contact Flow.
  • murmeltier
    Options
    Thanks, I spoke to the gaining supplier again, and they confirmed that readings had been passed to Flow on the 20th of September. They were very surprised to hear that apparently nothing had been received, and immediately offered to reach out to them directly to get it resolved. A much more customer-friendly response ...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure