Flow Energy - anyone switched?

Options

Comments

• Wywth
    Wywth Posts: 5,079 Forumite
    edited 5 June 2013 at 11:17AM
    Options
    melstin wrote: »
    They never replied to the two emails I sent to their customer services, over 4 days, where I was querying the excessive direct debit amount FE were demanding from me.

Their clear lack of interest in a new customer annoyed me so much that I cancelled the switch. The following day, FE finally emailed me to say they'd "tried to call", which is not true, because there is always someone at home.

My current suppliers are expensive, but at least their customer services is very good.

Flow energy set their initial monthly direct debit amount as 1/12th of the annual cost based on their tariff and the anticipated annual usage figures you provided.

If the direct debit amount was excessive, it would be because the usage figures you provided on application were excessive.

Why didn't you call them yourself? Details in their website. They offer both a freephone number and also an 03 number which can be used for free with any inclusive minutes (or otherwise charged at national geographic rates)

Are you sure moneysaving is for you if you prefer your reassuringly expensive supplier?
    First post in almost 2 years? I guess not :cool:

Edit:
    See also your earlier, unsubstantiated claims about comparison websites
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2532157
    and your desire for re-nationalisation ... and presumably no choice of any lower priced supplier/tariff.
  • Wywth
    Options
    stef73 wrote: »
    Im due to join them on 11th june had my welcome letter but they are only asking for my gas readings on the 11th, but im switching both i emailed them friday asking about this got the auto response from them friday and im still waiting for a answer. If they dont respond to a email i will send again i dont think i will let the switch happen.

Gas and electricity switches may occur on different dates, even if switching them from the same supplier. :)

Don't be tempted cut off your nose to spite your face. You presumably applied to switch to save money. Phone them if you have any queries you want addressed urgently.
  • stef73
    stef73 Posts: 545 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Update after switch. My switch happened today my gas is now from flowenergy but yesterday i had a email saying the industry had rejected my electric switch, flowenergy dont know why its been rejected or when the switch will take place. I have given them my serial number on meter to check they have correct number, i have called the supplier im tying to leave and they are not blocking the change.
  • momist
    momist Posts: 89 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sorry to hear you're having problems stef73. Let us know how it goes.
  • Steve_in_Bromley
    Options
    stef73 wrote: »
    Update after switch. My switch happened today my gas is now from flowenergy but yesterday i had a email saying the industry had rejected my electric switch, flowenergy dont know why its been rejected or when the switch will take place. I have given them my serial number on meter to check they have correct number, i have called the supplier im tying to leave and they are not blocking the change.

I am also switching today and got the same letter about my gas switching with no mention of electricity. When I emailed to query this I got the same response about rejection of the transfer and the woman who replied said that (to paraphrase) loads of other people are in the same boat. This is mildly annoying but my main concern is that the direct debit is currently set to a level covering both electricity and gas so when I phone through my meter reading this evening I will strongly be making the point that I am not paying for electricity until they start supplying it and they had better well reduce it (more or less in half based upon my consumption).
  • Steve_in_Bromley
    Options
    Well, to update my previous post, email today from Flow saying that my electricity was switching. All good, except that I then checked with my old supplier (the Co op) and they have no record of a gas switch and as far as they are concerned they are still supplying it! And while they have got a letter for electricity, they have no confirmed date. Fabulous...

Flow looking into it, but not a good a start. Just to further !!!! things up they stated that my direct debit is zero pounds per month in the letter received today!
  • Wywth
    Options
    Well, to update my previous post, email today from Flow saying that my electricity was switching. All good, except that I then checked with my old supplier (the Co op) and they have no record of a gas switch and as far as they are concerned they are still supplying it! And while they have got a letter for electricity, they have no confirmed date. Fabulous...

Flow looking into it, but not a good a start. Just to further !!!! things up they stated that my direct debit is zero pounds per month in the letter received today!

:huh:

I thought you said Flow had already confirmed they had switched and are now supplying your gas.

Why are you even communicating with your old supplier regarding the gas supply?
    I am also switching today and got the same letter about my gas switching with no mention of electricity. When I emailed to query this I got the same response about rejection of the transfer and the woman who replied said that (to paraphrase) loads of other people are in the same boat. This is mildly annoying but my main concern is that the direct debit is currently set to a level covering both electricity and gas so when I phone through my meter reading this evening I will strongly be making the point that I am not paying for electricity until they start supplying it and they had better well reduce it (more or less in half based upon my consumption).
  • rach
    rach Posts: 5,476 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 19 June 2013 at 9:37PM
    Options
    Wywth wrote: »
    :huh:

I thought you said Flow had already confirmed they had switched and are now supplying your gas.

Why are you even communicating with your old supplier regarding the gas supply?

Flow did indeed previously say they were supplying the gas. However, I thought it odd that I'd heard nothing from the co op as whenever I've switched in the past,old supplier has always been in touch to confirm final date and how the close will be dealt with. Anyway, is good that I did check as flow have now said that their earlier correspondence was wrong and gas supply won't switch till early July!

(Seem to have posted as my wife somehow, but it is still me!)
    Mum to gorgeous baby boy born Sept 2010:j
  • nollbolla
    nollbolla Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    Okay, I have an update which sheds some not so positive light on Flow Energy if you are thinking of switching.
    I originally submitted my instruction to switch to FE from Npower on 1st May through their own website. I received the instant email saying thanks and they'll be in touch. I then realised I could have earned £33 cashback by going through TCB and Energylinx to do the switch, so I emailed them the next day to ask if it would be ok from their point of view to cancel the switch and then go though Energylinx, unless they just wanted to credit me with the equivalent amount of cashback. They again replied swiftly to say that I was fine to cancel as I was well within the 7 day cooling off period, and they would be happy to welcome me as a customer. So I cancelled and then went through Energylinx.
    I had confirmation from Energylinx giving all the details of rates etc and the customer number and also had a new email from Flow welcoming me and thanking for the switch. So far so good, and the cashback tracked on TCB.
    A few weeks later I had an email from Flow with details of my gas switch but no word of the electricity, so I emailed again to ask when the Electricity would be going through. This is where it all went horribly wrong.
    They emailed eventually saying they had a record of my cancelled switch but they had no record of my switch that was supposed to be going through Energylinx (despite me having the confirmation of the gas switch email from them, and despite me then further copying them into the confirmation I had from Energylinx showing it should be a dual fuel switch and providing all their relevant customer numbers). A few useless email correspondences later, where they claim their 'backroom' had no record of any switch file etc, and I phoned them up at their suggestion to see if it could be sorted. By now it was 12the June, 6 weeks since I put in to switch via Energylinx.
    I spoke at length to one of their customer service people and after apologies etc I agreed, giving benefit of the doubt, to do a new switch application with them over the phone there and then, with them having agreed to deduct £33 from my first direct debit payment, for the cashback I should have earned . So, I went through all the details again (they were actually able to read out all the details from their system, - from the first instruction I gave or from the 'lost' second application I made I wonder?) and Tommy said I would receive an email confirming the switch and the discount that was going to be applied. I again instantly received the standard "Thank you for switching" email, but then I had no further contact.
    Last week, now around 4 weeks later, I emailed them asking why I had not received any further information of the switch and the discount that I was to receive from the first DD. After about 5 days of no contact I finally had an email apologising for the delay due to the influx of new customers they have had etc etc, and unbelievably saying they had AGAIN supposedly lost all record of my switch. This is despite the fact it was done in person over the phone with details already in their system!! Then they had the cheek to say they understood if I wanted to cancel and that they wouldn't charge me any cancellation fees to do so!!
    Needless to say, benefit of the doubt has gone and I have cancelled and cut my losses. Now I have to find another switch, having begrudgingly been paying over the odds on my Npower tariff for the last few months whist this saga unfolded.
    So, there is my word of warning. Hope it helps someone else.
  • momist
    momist Posts: 89 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    So sorry to hear that you have had such difficulties with Flow. So far, my experience has been positive, and they have even offered to consider me for their "free CHP boiler" scheme. I am slightly encouraged by your post though, even if they failed to follow through on their promises; at least you had a dialogue with them and they initially agreed to be very reasonable about your cash-back issues. Also,
    nollbolla wrote: »
    delay due to the influx of new customers they have had etc
    indicates that they are not struggling to find business.

I hope you find some other supplier you are happy with.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure