Prices for Howdens kitchen units

Options

Comments

• Airwolf1
    Airwolf1 Posts: 1,266 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I used to work at Howdens, and would recommend their kitchens. They "officially" supply to trade only, so your builder would get the quote, and then possibly add extra on. You will find most firms always add a bit extra on for parts anyway, in most trades.
    My suggestion and/or advice is my own and it is up to you if you follow it, please check the advice given before acting on it.
  • covlass
    covlass Posts: 562 Forumite
    Options
    Im looking at a howdens kitchen at the moment as my fitter is registered with them but could anyone tell me if these prices are roughly what i will be expected to pay

https://www.topclasscarpentry.com/kitchen/22/
    " I would not change you for the world, but I would change the world for you"
    Proud to be parent of a child with Autism:D

When I see your face there's not a thing that I would change 'cause your amazing just the way you are
  • NicolaL_2
    Options
    covlass wrote: »
    Im looking at a howdens kitchen at the moment as my fitter is registered with them but could anyone tell me if these prices are roughly what i will be expected to pay

https://www.topclasscarpentry.com/kitchen/22/

Well these are the prices we paid for some Howden's units a couple of months ago (ex VAT).

4 drawer base unit £94.26
    500mm wall unit £40.48
    1000mm wall unit £67.54
    1000mm corner base unit £64.90
    Wall decor panel £58.00

So you can make your own mind up as to his level of mark-up.;)
  • covlass
    covlass Posts: 562 Forumite
    Options
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :j

Thank you
    " I would not change you for the world, but I would change the world for you"
    Proud to be parent of a child with Autism:D

When I see your face there's not a thing that I would change 'cause your amazing just the way you are
  • sillywilly
    Options
    Remember that Howdens 'list' price for the units is scandalous. I get anything from 70-80% off the units and worktops, and there is always room to negotiate the price with the branch.

The beauty of their product from an installers point of view is the units are delivered ready made, so no messing about putting units together.

Also remember when getting a fitting quote that installing a kitchen is one of the easiest jobs in the world for a proper tradesman. I regularly get asked how long to fit this, and come back with 3-4 days and they have been quoted 3 weeks.:eek:

Completely agree - our fitter did have a fair few other issues and tradesmen to work with / around but after the third week I was like - Why is he taking so much time - they only need to be levelled and screwed to the wall!!
  • Doozergirl
    Doozergirl Posts: 33,842 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    sillywilly wrote: »
    after the third week I was like - Why is he taking so much time - they only need to be levelled and screwed to the wall!!

Three Weeks??

If it took longer than three days to simply fit the units I'd weep.
    Everything that is supposed to be in heaven is already here on earth.
  • trumpton
    trumpton Posts: 1,070 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for that info Nicola - if we can get our units around that price I will be very happy.
  • Andyhhh
    Options
    Does anyone know how Howdens verify that you are 'Trade' ?

Is it just a matter of letter headed paper etc or having to pay to join a trade body etc and if so how much does it cost ?

Im very able at fitting kitchesn and do not want to payt a fitter to do something I can do myself.

Thanks

Andy
  • cripcrones
    Options
    Does anyone know if you can buy replacement kitchen doors/ drawer fronts from Howdens - not whole units. The doors may need to be made to measure - to fit a Magnet kitchen that has already had replacement doors 10 yrs ago. The carcassses are absolutely fine but the replacement doors are "de-laminating" (!).
  • ldevlin
    ldevlin Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    I had been looking about as well there are a couple of companies out there that will sell direct to end customers, best value I could see was diy-kitchens.com and stockpile.co.uk. I settled on stockpile after a bit of price research. Had to wait couple of weeks for the cabinets as were made to order but apart from that was really pleased with the result. Saved a fortune on some of the mad quotes I got locally here in Romford.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure