Forum Home » Health & Beauty MoneySaving

Cheapest Hayfever Remedies discussion - Page 6

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: UPDATED MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH

New, free ‘Academoney’ course from MSE and the Open University launches
All the key areas of personal finance are covered, so that you can master your money decisions

Cheapest Hayfever Remedies discussion

edited 20 April 2015 at 4:28PM in Health & Beauty MoneySaving
116 replies 38.6K views

Replies

• Sam_26Sam_26 Has MSE’s permission to post for company Organisation Representatives - Private Messages may not be monitored
    235 posts
    Not quite sure how this is cheaper. We have offered all hayfever tablets at 69p a box, with long expiry dates.

Postage is £2.95, but if you spend £20, postage is free. Look at our home page if struggling for ideas to top upto £20 spend.

Chemist-4-u is also registered with Quidco and TCB

greendot wrote: »
    While not a direct link to a online chemist if you sign up to Livingsocial.com you can 6mth supply of Loratadine 10mg or Cetirizine 10mg antihistamine tablets for £5+£2.99 or for £15+£2.99 you get a 6mth hay fever pack from Clear Chemist, plus I got £1 off for ordering within ten minuets so 6mth supply for £7, be quick before the deal ends.:money:
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Chemist-4-u. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to [email protected] This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • search amazon for cetirizine, 'chemist counter direct' (I can't post a link yet :sad: )

Been using these for a couple of years - £1.60 including postage for 60 tablets - 2.6p a day! not bad.
  • ElusiveLucyElusiveLucy Forumite
    686 posts
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    :( I bought some generic tablets with the same active ingredient as I had been using in a brand name and had a bad reaction to them so have had to go back to my original expensive branded version...big disappointment :(
    What goes around comes around.....I hope!
  • SezzagirlSezzagirl Forumite
    360 posts
    OK, This is slightly left-field but my son has been suffering so badly recently with hay fever. We've tried all types of pills but nothing really works

My husband's colleague recommended something that has worked for him so we thought it worth investigating. He said his hay fever really improved when they started using an air purifier. I was a bit dubious but we found a £220 model for £12.50 on ebay so thought there was no harm in trying

He's had it on in his room, over night and when he gets home from school and he actually looks so much better. His eyes have stopped streaming and his nose is less blocked. The only thing that's changed is the air purifier so it must be that working!!
  • borntoshopborntoshop Forumite
    2.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi Sezzagirl, what model was it, I am looking at them now and the reviews vary so much.
  • Been buying generic ones for several years now and found them just as effective.
    Our latest source is ALDI at 79p per pack 14 :beer:
  • According to MSE updated article (2015) on hayfever tablets you can get good deals from Chemist-4-U on generic cetirizine, loratadine, chlorphenamine.

The deals are there indeed, however, when you order from Chemist-4-U (and I guess from any online pharmacy) you need to provide some information about your symptoms, other medications you may be taking and your date of birth.

Unless I am missing something, the information is collected from Chemist-4-U over a non encrypted HTTP connection (ie no padlock shown) and hence visible to potentially not well meaning data collection people/software on the internet.

Then from the basket view when proceeding to checkout, that private information is displayed again on a non encrypted page. On this page I am asked to enter my full name/surname/address for shipping purposes but then again this information would travel back to the chemist as clear text that could easily be linked to my other health related information by one of the many data harvesting, analytics companies out there.

I stopped there with my purchase as I did not feel comfortable. I am absolutely not implying any intentional wrong doing on the part of Chemist-4-U but am I right to be concerned or am I just paranoid?

<EOM>
  • Sam_26Sam_26 Has MSE’s permission to post for company Organisation Representatives - Private Messages may not be monitored
    235 posts
    I am the company director for chemist-4-u. I understand that a certain online pharmacy has received negative press via the Daily Mail recently.

I can confirm that chemist-4-u.com DOES NOT and WILL NOT sell any data or share any data without your consent.

We do not condone this sort of activities and is a blatant abuse of NHS principles and our code of ethics.

With regards to the padlock, I can confirm our website is Trustwave approved and the padlock appears on all pages where personal information is entered or required.

Hopefully this clarifies any misunderstanding.

I am more than happy for any one to PM me with their concerns.

According to MSE updated article (2015) on hayfever tablets you can get good deals from Chemist-4-U on generic cetirizine, loratadine, chlorphenamine.

The deals are there indeed, however, when you order from Chemist-4-U (and I guess from any online pharmacy) you need to provide some information about your symptoms, other medications you may be taking and your date of birth.

Unless I am missing something, the information is collected from Chemist-4-U over a non encrypted HTTP connection (ie no padlock shown) and hence visible to potentially not well meaning data collection people/software on the internet.

Then from the basket view when proceeding to checkout, that private information is displayed again on a non encrypted page. On this page I am asked to enter my full name/surname/address for shipping purposes but then again this information would travel back to the chemist as clear text that could easily be linked to my other health related information by one of the many data harvesting, analytics companies out there.

I stopped there with my purchase as I did not feel comfortable. I am absolutely not implying any intentional wrong doing on the part of Chemist-4-U but am I right to be concerned or am I just paranoid?

<EOM>
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Chemist-4-u. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to [email protected] This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • MurielsonMurielson Forumite
    223 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Used Chemist-4-Uon several occasions with no issues to my knowledge.

Interesting to me that the poster who posted this message has a post count on only one. Just curious, do you join a site like MSE just to provide everyone with this information? If this is the case then thanks for highlighting the potential problem which has been addressed by the post immediately above.

Before anyone asks, no connections to company whatsoever apart from a previously satisfied customer who wants hay fever tablets at a reasonable price.
  • FBabyFBaby Forumite
    18.3K posts
    Ninth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been taking cetirizine for many years and have been amazed to see the price going down years after years. Because I take it 365/7 I used to have it prescribed, but now I just buy Tesco brand as part of my normal shopping.

What has been a blessing for me is Nasonex. I didn't want to try it as worried about it being steroids, but my GP reassured me that it didn't go in the blood stream and therefore totally safe. He did warn that it would take a few weeks before taking effect, but what a difference it's made. I can't believe I waited all those years to try it. Not cheap as £8.00 a go but worth every penny.