Theme Park Tips

Options

Comments

• jellyhead
    jellyhead Posts: 21,555 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    if you can find them on ebay there are full entry tickets that say 'FREE TICKET' across the top with a barcode - those are valid until the end of june and you just go to the entrance gates, no need to queue to pay for a ticket.

there might be bogof offers around on ebay (i haven't seen any vouchers available elsewhere, the ebay ones seem to be from a previous woolworths promotion) but i'd check first about bank holiday exclusions.
    52% tight
  • Petree
    Petree Posts: 139 Forumite
    Options
    Opps forgot!
    Unless your sure don't order a large coke, its 0.9l, ie nearly 1/2 a big tesco bottle and 2.79!

Petree
  • cmjohnson_86
    cmjohnson_86 Posts: 1,468 Forumite
    Options
    Has anyone been to Alton towers in the last few days? Im thinking of going tommorow.. Tueday 4th July 06 but not sure wether it's going to be rammed. Dont really wanna go if it is. Anyway if anyone has any ideas, please let me know. Thanks
  • jellyhead
    jellyhead Posts: 21,555 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    it was really busy on saturday. we hoped the football would keep people at home or in the pub, but no luck. alton towers showed the football lol!
    52% tight
  • Rachie_B
    Rachie_B Posts: 8,785 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Any Drayton Manor hints n tips ? :)
  • pennypuppy
    pennypuppy Posts: 722 Forumite
    Options
    Petree we are going to legoland first mon & tues in July with a 4 & 7 year old, any more tips?
  • whambamboo
    whambamboo Posts: 1,287 Forumite
    Options
    pennypuppy wrote:
    Petree we are going to legoland first mon & tues in July with a 4 & 7 year old, any more tips?

Shouldn't be too busy...

Bring a towel + possibly swimming trunks if it's hot as there are a couple of wet attractions.

Rides:
    Driving school has the longest queues - for over 6's only. I have no idea if it's good, I assume it is, probably worth getting too early if you arrive at opening time. You will definitely not want to miss it.
    L-Drivers - younger version of Driving School, queues are MUCh shorter.
    Boating school - nice electric boat driving attraction - steer it yourself- boats take 3 people. Usually one of the longest queues in the park. Worth going on, but beware if the queues are long.
    Extreme Team Challenge: water slide - get slightly wet. Only can go in 2s, so not an option. Quite good on a hot day.

Dino Dipper - basically a waltzer. Usually short queues, so a pretty decent ride for the time spent.

Dragon's Apprentice - junior rollercoaster. Rubbish.
    Dragon Coaster - at the far right of the park - good coaster, better than the Dragon's Apprentice

Jungle Coaster - not worth a long queue (ride flow is poor), as it's not that good..
    Dino Safari - a bit of a joke - not worth going on - pathetic ride
    Orient Expedition - train - much better alternative to Dino Safari.
    Fairy Tale Brook - pleasant boat ride, usually a short queue.

Wave Surfer - spinning water attraction. Quite strenuous. Medium-sized queues

Hill Train - slightly pointless train - saves the steep walk up at the end of the day - don't bother on the way down.

Pirate Falls - one of the best rides in the park, a log flume. Queues are massive though - can be an hour or more. Might be worth getting to the queue as it opens.

Miniland (lego models) turns off sharp at closing time. If you plan to be there after closing time (5pm, ridiculously early, on those days), you're better off in the Rat Trap adventure playground , as Miniland turns off the trains and other models at closing time sharp
    Balloon School - balloons that go up and down. Not the most thrilling ride. Ok if the queues are short.

Food:

Best to buy in the supermarket and bring with you.
    Cinnabons in the entrance are delicious and incredibly fattening.
    Most of the food is somewhat mediocre. Fish and chips is probably the best buy. BBQ place is pretty grim. The nachos stands are a rip-off and not all that nice.
    My policies are based not on some economics theory, but on things I and millions like me were brought up with: an honest day's work for an honest day's pay; live within your means; put by a nest egg for a rainy day; pay your bills on time; support the police - Margaret Thatcher.
  • Miss_Money
    Miss_Money Posts: 9,682 Forumite
    Options
    just converting my clubcard eals and was looking to go for a themepark for a day, please somebaody help me! ill be going with my best mate and her children 2+5 my dd who will be just 2 and my sister wholl be driving us. please can someone advise me on the best theme park to go to on the deals page? im in notts but am willing to travel :) i havent a clue which ones have rides suitable for the kids age groups...
    Bad mother to 2!
    Bad Mother's Club member #4
  • whambamboo
    whambamboo Posts: 1,287 Forumite
    Options
    Miss_Money wrote: »
    just converting my clubcard eals and was looking to go for a themepark for a day, please somebaody help me! ill be going with my best mate and her children 2+5 my dd who will be just 2 and my sister wholl be driving us. please can someone advise me on the best theme park to go to on the deals page? im in notts but am willing to travel :) i havent a clue which ones have rides suitable for the kids age groups...

Either Legoland or Chessington would be ok. Or maybe Flamingo Land, North Yorkshire (not sure if Tesco does this). All three would be long journeys though.
    My policies are based not on some economics theory, but on things I and millions like me were brought up with: an honest day's work for an honest day's pay; live within your means; put by a nest egg for a rainy day; pay your bills on time; support the police - Margaret Thatcher.
  • peter999
    peter999 Posts: 7,097 Forumite
    Options
    whambamboo wrote: »
    Either Legoland or Chessington would be ok. Or maybe Flamingo Land, North Yorkshire (not sure if Tesco does this). All three would be long journeys though.
    Yes, with Daily Mail vouchers for Single Parents. :hello:

peter999
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport