Theme Park Tips

Options

Comments

• katieeloise
    katieeloise Posts: 82 Forumite
    Options
    Legoland is definately good for younger than teens, Chessington is good for family with children, wouldnt recomment Thorpe Park for people with kids under 140cm, as hardly anything for them to do.
    Hampton Court is good but not nearly as much to do for children - the maze is good, but kids could be a little bored (I have an annual pass for Merlin and Historic Royal Palaces) so I pop in for a few hours as the kids would be bored at Hampton Court (Mine are 9 and 11)
    Hope this helps
  • Hazel2705
    Hazel2705 Posts: 89 Forumite
    Options
    Went to Chessington last week with our (tall) two year and had a fantastic time! There were no queues so got on everything she was tall enough for. Only cost £13.50 for a parent and toddler ticket!! These were selected dates for this ticket though. I downloaded and printed it from the Chessington website. Definitely a good day out for kids.
  • Tesco_Tom
    Tesco_Tom Posts: 95 Forumite
    Options
    Will be going to Thorpe park around the end of July - Is one day enough to get around the park and cover all the big rides? We are going for a long weekend in London, arriving into Heathrow about 8.30, and trying to decide if we should go to thorpe park at the start or the end of the trip.

Any advice is welcome.

Thanks
  • skintas_2
    skintas_2 Posts: 1,679 Forumite
    Options
    i love thorpe park i went 14 times last year im 31 lol
    i will be debt free, i will
  • ravravrav
    ravravrav Posts: 110 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    We're thinking of going to Alton Towers on 10th July - a few posts here I've read that first few weeks of July are murder - as the 10th is a Sunday would that still be considered a *busy* day? Also I'm going to get my tickets from someone from eBay - what should they look like so I don't buy fakes.
  • sunflora
    sunflora Posts: 9 Forumite
    Options
    My 15yr old son and I have just come back from Alton Towers and although it wasn't too busy there were still queues. My lad being so impatient wanted to buy a Fast Track ticket to get him on the rides quicker but I was (thankfully) informed that Alton Towers have a Single Rider system, whereby if you aren't too bothered about sitting next to each other on a ride, you jump the queue and fill in the empty seat. 9 times out of 10 he beat the fast trackers so that was a huge saving of £42.00!!! Phew!!!
  • nikmondo
    nikmondo Posts: 108 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 13 July 2011 at 4:36PM
    Options
    Quote 'The Sun' when booking at Alton Towers hotel for a mega discount. I saved over £120 for 2 nights when booking for me and my daughter.

:D

Also never take kids (under the age 12 IMO) to Thorpe Park as it's for teenagers and adults. Chessington caters for the youngens and it's only 10 mins down the road from Thorpe Park.
  • FelishaWoodson
    Options
    skintas wrote: »
    i love thorpe park i went 14 times last year im 31 lol

I'm a very big fan for thorpe park!SO amazing I'm also 31 still enjoying all the rides!OMG I really love thorpe park!:D
    Late in the room:beer:
  • 814man
    814man Posts: 403 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Went to Alton Towers last week. Although summer hols and hot day I was pleasantly surprised at the length of queues. I'd not recomend fast passes but definetely go as single rider. Straight to front of line and chances are you will be sat pretty close together if not next to each other anyway. We did 3 rides on oblivion in the 40 minutes we noticed one group standing in queue. Look at times boards to see which rides have longest queues. Also noted that queues were significantly shorter after 4pm and by planning our location we got late afternoon trips on lots of great rides with hardly any waiting.
  • Rosedavid
    Options
    Anyone got any idea what the queues would be like on Sunday 4th Sept at Legoland and Monday 5th at Chessington, we were planning on going as its the day before the schools go back but mine don't go back until the Tuesday so thought we would give it ago? We were going to use Tesco vouchers, they have a cheaper deal on at the mo where its only £10 of vouchers needed, however you can't use it on the 4th and 5th and now I am worried that there is something going on that we don't know about and it is going to be really really busy, I can't see anything on either website?

Thanks
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure