Theme Park Tips

Options

Comments

• chocolatepennyfarthing
    Options
    Does anyone know if early ride time is on at Alton Towers at the moment.
    Jan Grocery challenge
    Budget £350 - Spent £64.45 to date
  • tweetme
    Options
    1. Stay cool, and don't get burned

2. Be aware of what is around you

3. Stay away from where you don't belong

4. Know your limits

5. Know your health

6. Don't cheat

7. Stay in to stay safe

8. Ride 'er easy, cowboy

9. Help the kids!

10. Alert staff about problems
  • This maybe a silly quick question with regards to theme parks.

Say for Alton towers / Chessington or Thorpe Park what would you say would be an ideal number of rides ridden in a given day. Say you are a group of 4 or a family. You arrive in the morning and stay till roughly closing time during say the busy season. How many rides would you reckon you would get to go on + plus a lunch.

I ask this just to think about how to measure up my time between ques and to justify the entrance costs.

- Boualem Bouderba
  • TVA
    TVA Posts: 25 Forumite
    Options
    We have merlin passes and are at alton towers at least once a month and often rather more so I know what I'm talking about. Fully agree- the beginning of July is a big no no - all the Schools, youth clubs etc are there and it is murder. School holidays are obviously busy but not as bad as those 2 - 3 weeks. The last Sunday before kids go back at the end of any holiday is always good - people are too busy getting ready for the return to School etc to bother/
  • Chrispy_2
    Chrispy_2 Posts: 46 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    This maybe a silly quick question with regards to theme parks.

Say for Alton towers / Chessington or Thorpe Park what would you say would be an ideal number of rides ridden in a given day. Say you are a group of 4 or a family. You arrive in the morning and stay till roughly closing time during say the busy season. How many rides would you reckon you would get to go on + plus a lunch.

I ask this just to think about how to measure up my time between ques and to justify the entrance costs.

- Boualem Bouderba

I'd say you would want to get on each of the main rides at least once. So maybe at least 8-10 rides?
  • Sharon87
    Sharon87 Posts: 4,011 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Chrispy wrote: »
    I'd say you would want to get on each of the main rides at least once. So maybe at least 8-10 rides?

Yeah I'd just say decide what rides you want to go on before you get there, and aim to ride them at least once, anything extra is a bonus.

I have just renewed my Merlin Annual Pass at Chessington last week for a reduced £72 (starting when my current one expires in June). I'll be hopefully going Alton Towers again this year and get on Thirteen this time, the last time it broke down when I was 2 rides away from getting on it!!! How annoying lol.
  • paulr21
    paulr21 Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    Sun Cream Sun Cream Sun Cream.

This is the best tip for days out, went to LongLeat on Monday and didnt take any with us, massive mistake. Must get some before Alton Towers :)

I'd say get on as many rides as you can, much more interesting than just going on the same one over and over :)
  • dimummy
    dimummy Posts: 170 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, does anyone know of a good deal for hotel near to Alton Towers? Have got The Sun free tickets and intend to return on the Monday for £5. As I'm taking my 16yr old for her birthday I thought we could stay over and make a girlie weekend of it.
    Travelodge in Derby is showing £84 !!!!!!!!!!!
  • balletshoes
    balletshoes Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    Options
    dimummy wrote: »
    Hi, does anyone know of a good deal for hotel near to Alton Towers? Have got The Sun free tickets and intend to return on the Monday for £5. As I'm taking my 16yr old for her birthday I thought we could stay over and make a girlie weekend of it.
    Travelodge in Derby is showing £84 !!!!!!!!!!!

what date do you need the hotel for?
  • dimummy
    dimummy Posts: 170 Forumite
    Options
    what date do you need the hotel for?

Sun 12th June xx
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts