£21,000 to pay off -but we will do it this time.

Options

Comments

• juicyjackieb
    Options
    Just waving hello - I have been awol the last few weeks and catching up with my fav diaries. Have you set a timescale of when you hope to get new tenants in?
    Goal to Clear Debts £4592 Total Progress since 03/10/2020 £2802
    Overdraft £1000 PAID OFF JAN 2021
    iPhone £817 PAID February 2021
    CC was £2775 now £1790 Savings - £42.11
    Check out my debt diary here: https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6197423/keto-cash-credit-card-debt-goals-for-2021/p1?new=1
    Weight loss since 2018 following a FRUGAL Keto lifestyle Lost so far - 115lbs -85lbs To go!
    Follow my Frugal Keto journey here: https://www.youtube.com/user/juicyjackie
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hope alls well for you Pennywise xx
    Mummytogirls x

• pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    Afternoon all,

Sorry I have been missing, everything has got on top of me and the last few weeks I've found I've not been coping very well with trying to get house ready to sell after tramp tenant, having no rental money coming in, trying to keep on top of everything at home, kids and work has been so stressful with it being the lead up to SATS, I have ended up with a rash on my face and arms, which is itchy and sore which the doc thinks is due to stress, also not sleeping properly.

But the good news is the house is finally on the market, we just need to sell it now and heaven knows how long that is going to take, we are open to offers and we do have quite a bit of equity in it, enough to pay off all the debt and be able to bank a good chunk as well, so its just a waiting game.
    Mortgage Jan 2023 9yrs 11mths £61,389 Mortgage overpayment £1867/£3600 Mortgage Jan 2022 11yrs 6mths £69.996 Mortgage overpayment £3132/£3600
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    So what else is going on:

Just paying min payments to debt at the minute, have had lots of outgoings, but we are plodding on.

I'm trying to keep up with surveys and ebay, but to be honest I've been finding it really hard with everything else that's going on.

We have to a wedding this weekend which was wonderful and we had a lovely time and spent very little, due to there being a free bar:D.

Trying to be very frugal and spend as little as possible, friend gave me a bag of sweet potatoes that she had bought as she had never tried them, she baked one off and decided they weren't for her and gave me the rest, so I have a pan of sweet pot and carrot soup on the stove and bunged some of the free soup booster I got a couple of weeks back in, smells delish and will do for my lunch over the next few days, have made a meat and pot pie for tea with left over beef stew from Friday night, been to sainsbugs and spent £41 on shopping for the week, including some whoops fruit which I have made into a fruit salad to have with tea tonight, need to do some baking for packed lunches this week, not sure if I will do cup cakes or flapjack.

I'm sure I have loads more to update and just can't remember.

Hope everyone is ok.x.
    Mortgage Jan 2023 9yrs 11mths £61,389 Mortgage overpayment £1867/£3600 Mortgage Jan 2022 11yrs 6mths £69.996 Mortgage overpayment £3132/£3600
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Sorry you've been finding things tough - hope the rash disappears soon and the house sells quickly. Yay to free bars and unwanted sweet potatoes :D Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • liltdiddylilt
    liltdiddylilt Posts: 4,117 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hey lovely lady

Lovely to see you posted. I've been a bit AWOL too. Hope the rash is clearing up and the house is getting plenty of interest! Amazing news to think you will be debt free with some money besides :D :j

Woohoo to free sweet potatoes. I love them! Especially baked in the oven! I can just about have one on my diet, if I don't eat anything green all day.

Take care of you! Big hugs xxx
    Virtual Pot #25 £0.00/£350.00
    A black belt only covers 2 inches of your a$$ - You have to cover the rest yourself - Royce Gracie
  • debtfreeoneday
    debtfreeoneday Posts: 4,814 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hugs lovely.. hope the house sells fast!
    DFW (08/08) £64,346.53 Gone (02/19)
    MFW (08/08) £118k Gone (09/23)
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    Hellooooo all, so sorry for being AWOL.

Sadly I've not been jetting around the world or going to wild parties and leading a rock and roll lifestyle, I've been hit by a horrible virus which has left me knocked for six, I started with sort throat cough/cold etc and just went on and on, worst part is the fact it has left me completely worn out and feeling as though I've been steam rollered, I have absolutely no energy and just walking around the house leaves me out of breath and needing to sit and rest, cold and sore throat has gone now it's just the lack of energy which remains and I hope that if I take it easy this week with being off for half term I will be fit to go back next week as I can't afford any more time off.

House news - we have had an offer which we have accepted, although I don't have a good feeling about it for some reason and i'm trying to put it to the back of my mind as I'm convinced they are going to pull out, so I'm not going to talk about it or give daily updates, unless something major happens.

Money - we still have none. scrapping along until payday on Friday, need to do some baking as we are low on treats, will try and make a traybake of some sort this afternoon if I have the energy, no payouts recently with surveys/ no ebaying ths has basically come down to lack of energy and the fact that I've just been sleeping, I hope to get a few done today as I feel sleepy, although I do need to run the hoover round which might just wipe me out.

Hope everyone is ok and huge apologies for not posting on diaries although I have been reading.

Take care pwps.x.
  • sweetpea26
    sweetpea26 Posts: 831 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Rampant Recycler
    Options
    not easy on you Penny. You have had so much going on you are drained and ready for a rest. Its difficult then to see positive things happening. Hopefully all will go well with the offer and you will say goodbye to all that stress.

Try and put your feet up if you can .. get some rest go to bed early. You deserve it.

take care of yourself.
  • DebtFree2012
    DebtFree2012 Posts: 3,573 Forumite
    Options
    Have you been to the Docs? There is a lot of what you say going about and so many ppl I know have been struck down by it and it's truly awful. Take care and only worry about getting yourself better - the rest can wait.

Fingers crossed for the house.
    Debt - CCV £3792
    CCB £1383 (took a hit for a holiday)

Loan 1 £1787
    Loan 2 £1683
    Total £8601 Was £39302
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income