£21,000 to pay off -but we will do it this time.

Options

Comments

• pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    Everytime you mention something else broken in the rental my mouth drops a bit more open. I cannot believe people LIVE LIKE THAT. Disgusting!

Hooray for the bond back but not so much for the feeling rough hun. Hope you are doing ok? xx

Morning lilty, I hope you are well, I will pop over shortly to catch up.

It has actually got to the point with the rental that I'm just numb and end up laughing, I really cannot believe that people live in such disgusting ways and have such little respect, scary thing is they have children, so what are they teaching them about respect and self worth :eek:.
    DH thought I had lost the plot when I started talking to the rental house yesterday, I was scrubbing the floors and had bleach and flash liquid and I kept saying ' do you remember this stuff house. I know its been a long time but it's loooovly cleaning stuff, and it smells nice and its going to make you sparkly again' :rotfl:.
    Mortgage Jan 2023 9yrs 11mths £61,389 Mortgage overpayment £1867/£3600 Mortgage Jan 2022 11yrs 6mths £69.996 Mortgage overpayment £3132/£3600
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    Morning, we still have sunshine, think i'm going to strip the beds and get it all washed and hung out.

Still feeling snotty, but not as bad as yesterday, so fingers crossed it's going.

I have checked banking this morning and received £10.20 from pan£lbase, have sent that to Mr T cc.

Still waiting on -

0nep0ll- £40. cash.
    m1ndmover - £20 sainsbug voucher
    my voice - £20 cash.
    mysurv£y - £3 cash.
    v!ewsbank - £8.50 cash.

Plans today are to go into small town and get DS hair cut, buy washing powder as I forgot yesterday.

Need to get some baking done as none has been done this week, think I will make a lemon traybake and flapjack.

Hope everyone is ok, take care.x.
    Mortgage Jan 2023 9yrs 11mths £61,389 Mortgage overpayment £1867/£3600 Mortgage Jan 2022 11yrs 6mths £69.996 Mortgage overpayment £3132/£3600
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    Oh dear I really should not be allowed out near shops-

Spends this morning-

Hairdressers DS - £5
    Butchers - £10 (had an offer on steak £10 for 4 ribeyes):o.
    Cheap shop - £1.19 scubbing brush for rental property.
    B00ths - £9.84 (decided to buy ingrediants for banoffee pie + washing powder).
    sweet shop - £2.

Mostly impulse buys whoops.

Arrived home to find postie had brought me £20 sainsbug voucher from m1ndmover :D, have put it in grocery change pot.
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    Morning all.

I'm afraid this posts going to be a ramble to get stuff out of my head.

Had a rubbish nights sleep, woke up at just before 3am panicking about money, rental property and not having time to get things done, I ended up getting up and working out figures and writing list, but I still feel panicky/anxious this morning.

1st worry - getting rental property finished and on market as soon as possible, going there this afternoon to do some more painting but will need to take the kids with me which makes things hard work.

2nd worry - Money we are down £600 a month due to above property, but still need to pay the mortgage, things are manageable but there is little money left if something happens.

3rd worry - we have 4 weddings between beginning of may and middle of August, 3 we have to attend as 2 are family/ 1 close friend, 4 th one in August I think we will decline as we just cannot do it all. I have found a dress I like which is £40 I can wear to all 3 and already have shoes that would go with it, one of the weddings is a very posh one in a very posh hotel and I know its expected that the ladies dress up wear hats etc, so I was thinking of looking on ebay, same for a small handbag.
    DD has seen a dress that she likes and I think is suitable I think we will buy this weekend which is £16, she will need pumps and a cardigan, DS needs smart trousers and shirt/ tie again I will look on ebay, he can wear his school shoes, DH thank god has got suit/ shirt/ tie although he may need shoes, all scary expense:eek:.

Fourth worry - Ds birthday on Sunday, need to bake cake and ice, clean house as got guests coming (family), still need to sort out a party/sleepover with his mates.

Feels a bit better having it written down
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    Ok money to end of month -
    OUT

Bills - £300
    DS birthday bits -£25.
    (have main present),
    DS birthday meal - £50 (fingers crossed it's less).
    fuel - £50 (fingers crossed)
    Groceries - £60 little as possible (use points/ vouchers)
    Total - £485

Money in account - £486.
    Grocery vouchers - £30
    Nectar points use
    towards groceries. - £5.
    Survey money - £70
    Current £bay
    sales end weekend - £60.

Wanting to use £bay money to buy wedding clothes.
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    Have got rid of a monkey on my back and declined one of the wedding invites.
  • debtfreeoneday
    Options
    Well done on getting rid of that monkey!!
    DFW (08/08) £64,346.53 Gone (02/19)
    MFW (08/08) £118k Gone (09/23)
  • sweetpea26
    sweetpea26 Posts: 831 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Positive move Penny, weddings can be so expensive. Hope you were able to get DD's dress sorted out.

Can you travel there and back on the wedding day's or will you have to stay over for any of them.

Hoping the rental gets sorted soon. A lot of pressure on you at the moment. You have worked so hard it will all sort itself out.

Hope you get a chance to relax today.
  • Magsnoodle
    Magsnoodle Posts: 263 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Writing things down always seems to make it all more manageable. Well done on saying no to one of the invites - always hard to do. Have you any friends who are hats and matching handbags ladies??? If so, they may have something on offer? Good luck on the bargain hunting - you are doing great...

TTFN xx
    E.F. #38 240.55/1000 SPC8 #375
    DFBXmas 2015 #162 18554 /18554 100%
  • liltdiddylilt
    liltdiddylilt Posts: 4,117 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Just checking in to say howdy doo as I have been wandering and not been catching up on diaries. Big hugs wherever you may be. Come back soon, you are missed!! xx
    Virtual Pot #25 £0.00/£350.00
    A black belt only covers 2 inches of your a$$ - You have to cover the rest yourself - Royce Gracie
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure