Tmobile price increase

Options

Comments

• everton2004
    Options
    Yes that's right so I'm guessing around Mid Feb for you?

I sent the initial email on 21st November so by my reckoning, 8 weeks was last Wednesday?? (if my calculations are correct!) :p

So...CICAS it is. Time to read through the post on the CICAS form you posted ;)
  • ryan92
    ryan92 Posts: 587 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Sister received the following email on the 14th January

Further to your email dated 10 January 2014, regarding the above account.

As advised in my email dated 10 January the Price Increase is not covered under the Ombudsmen scheme. For this reason I am unable to issue a deadlock reference number in relation to the above.

Due to the above, you would need to seek independent advise.

I trust this clarifies our final position in this matter.

Yours sincerely
    Currently in a Trust Deed 43 payments until DEBT FREE - February 2027
  • RandomCurve
    RandomCurve Posts: 1,637 Forumite
    Options
    I sent the initial email on 21st November so by my reckoning, 8 weeks was last Wednesday?? (if my calculations are correct!) :p

So...CICAS it is. Time to read through the post on the CICAS form you posted ;)

Yes time for CISAS - I suggest you wait until we hear if CISAS has accepted Ryan92s case - we may need to reword things.

On the "general price forum" the other telephone ombudsman (the ombudsman service) has just said they can't look at anything to do with price rises. I don't think that is right, as CISAS looked at the TM price rise.
  • RandomCurve
    Options
    ryan92 wrote: »
    Sister received the following email on the 14th January

It must be 8 weeks by now so time to go to CISAS? But before you do, have CISAS confirmed they will take your case?
  • RandomCurve
    Options
    A little off track - but related.

My son took EE to the SCC to have his Orange price rise cancelled, We started the process mid December, and today received a cheque from EE refunding the price increase (plus interest) and refunding the court fee (£35) and postage costs! They initially said they would defend the case, but then today out of the blue a cheque arrived - I wonder why they don't want court rulings on this? :T
  • ryan92
    ryan92 Posts: 587 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    It must be 8 weeks by now so time to go to CISAS? But before you do, have CISAS confirmed they will take your case?

It's 5 weeks sadly. CISAS have taken my case to T-Mobile who have until the 28th to respond.
    Currently in a Trust Deed 43 payments until DEBT FREE - February 2027
  • everton2004
    Options
    A little off track - but related.

My son took EE to the SCC to have his Orange price rise cancelled, We started the process mid December, and today received a cheque from EE refunding the price increase (plus interest) and refunding the court fee (£35) and postage costs! They initially said they would defend the case, but then today out of the blue a cheque arrived - I wonder why they don't want court rulings on this? :T

Result! :T

Sounds like the early days of bank charge reclaiming when banks would defend to the hilt - until it went to court when they would fold instantly. We all know why! :D
  • RandomCurve
    Options
    Result! :T

Sounds like the early days of bank charge reclaiming when banks would defend to the hilt - until it went to court when they would fold instantly. We all know why! :D

Certainly does, but with smaller sums involved it won't hit the headlines :(

Ryan92 has confirmed CISAS have accepted his case, so its off to CISAS for you now?
  • everton2004
    Options
    Certainly does, but with smaller sums involved it won't hit the headlines :(

Ryan92 has confirmed CISAS have accepted his case, so its off to CISAS for you now?

That's the plan, I'll have a crack at it over the weekend and report back here on how it goes ;)
  • superuser
    Options
    "new guidelines that will allow customers to terminate their contract without penalty if their carrier increases their monthly payments

t.crackberry.com/uk-mobile-customers-allowed-leave-contract-early-if-prices-increase

:rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport