We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

April 2013 Swagbucks Challenge

Options

Comments

• miwa
    miwa Posts: 1,512 Forumite
    Options
    Fishernab wrote: »
    This is probably where I go wrong as I don't do the sign up ones :(

I'll try it and see how I get on.

Eh be careful - never download anything. Printscreen all your offer completion verification things. Don't trial anything you think is the least bit dodgy.
  • juno
    juno Posts: 6,553 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Aha! I have found the wall thingy where all the swagbucks were hiding :D

Earnt just under 200 today. Rally hope I don't get a high target tomorrow - but I didn't meet my target of 70 yesterday.
    Murphy's No More Pies Club #209

Total debt [STRIKE]£4578.27[/STRIKE] £0.00 :j
    100% paid off :j

• dolphin19
    dolphin19 Posts: 1,055 Forumite
    Options
    juno wrote: »

I did one of these and it gave me 22 points 4 times overnight, so I think they check your answers before paying out.

I had one that was about a website and it wouldn't let me use the website name in my answer as it doesn't allow urls. I had a different one about Microsoft .NET and it wouldn't allow that, either.

I didn't get anything for 3 pages of answers, so 15 questions, very annoying! I thought most of my answers were reasonably good with the exception of having to answer 150 words about someone's age and there was a technical one about computer programming which I didn't know.
    I am most put out as I would do more of these if I got paid as I quite enjoyed them!
  • paulshorse
    paulshorse Posts: 3,341 Forumite
    Options
    Inferno wrote: »
    Is this what SB has done to you, paulshorse?? Lol.

Probably get more sense your way.

I have some really interesting conversations with my gonads - best of all they don't answer back. Debating's a bit one-sided though :rotfl:
    Swagbucks joined 5th July 2012 - Earned 2012: Amazon - £300 - 2013: Amazon - £610
    Neobux - joined 15th April 2013 - Earned 2013 $695 PayPal
    2014 - Swagbucks £75 Neobux $102 Clixsense $67
    2014 goal £180/600
  • juno
    Options
    dolphin19 wrote: »
    I didn't get anything for 3 pages of answers, so 15 questions, very annoying! I thought most of my answers were reasonably good with the exception of having to answer 150 words about someone's age and there was a technical one about computer programming which I didn't know.
    I am most put out as I would do more of these if I got paid as I quite enjoyed them!
    It's 150 characters, not words. I've been putting a bit of information at the start - so if the question was "how old is dolphin19?" I'd write "dolphin19 is a poster on the MSE site" and a bit of waffle like that.

And mine did take hours to pay, so it might be that yours were too recent.

• dolphin19
    dolphin19 Posts: 1,055 Forumite
    Options
    It's 150 characters, not words. I've been putting a bit of information at the start - so if the question was "how old is dolphin19?" I'd write "dolphin19 is a poster on the MSE site" and a bit of waffle like that.

And mine did take hours to pay, so it might be that yours were too recent.

I have tried 5 more questions and made a note of where my metre is up to (8/20) and I will see if I get any credits overnight. I actually go away tomorrow for a few days so it will be interesting to see if I gain any sb while I'm away.
    Approximately how many did you answer in one sitting?

eta lol yes I knew it was 150 characters, I wasn't thinking when I typed words before!
  • vampire-girl
    vampire-girl Posts: 4,675 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have tried 5 more questions and made a note of where my metre is up to (8/20) and I will see if I get any credits overnight. I actually go away tomorrow for a few days so it will be interesting to see if I gain any sb while I'm away.

eta lol yes I knew it was 150 characters, I wasn't thinking when I typed words before!

I know this wasn't asked of me, but I did some of those and a few hours later got 5 lots of 22SB each, you don't have to wait for the bar to go all up to 20 either.
  • juno
    Options

The first time, I died 3 pages. Then I got fed up and I've done a page or so a few times since.

I had another amusing one about a game called "neighbours from hell", but it wouldn't let me use the word "hell" as it was profanity.

• ThriftyFelicity
    Options
    The first time, I died 3 pages. Then I got fed up and I've done a page or so a few times since.

I had another amusing one about a game called "neighbours from hell", but it wouldn't let me use the word "hell" as it was profanity.

I've done the Write Questions one, which I prefer to the Write Answers one.

A few days ago, I did one where the key words were "f*** you" (without the asterisks!). It was a challenge trying to come up with a "suitable for all ages" question for that one, especially considering I wasn't actually allowed to use the key words in the question, which you are meant to do! :rotfl:
    R.I.P. Bart. The best cat there ever was. :sad:
  • MrsB0906
    Options
    Hi,

I joined Swagbucks last night after reading this thread. I've earned a few SB but really need to put some time into learning how to make SBs. I don't expect to make much as can only do it in evenings but worth a go!

I look forward to learning more here.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family