April 2013 Swagbucks Challenge

Options

Comments

• Leo2020
    Leo2020 Posts: 910 Forumite
    Options
    I have to agree Inferno that I can also see it from both sides.

If you regular get 200 SB a day, for example, then you are gonna get a bigger bonus for doing that. Where as before everyone got the same bonus no matter what as long as they reached target.

In regards to doing loads of surveys on one day paulshorse I suppose it depends how they work out the averages. Is it on the previous week, last few days, month, lifetime earnings??? If it based on say a month then the odd day of going way over target isn't going matter. But whether SB will tell us how they work it is another matter.
  • paulshorse
    paulshorse Posts: 3,341 Forumite
    Options
    Inferno wrote: »
    RE: High Targets.

The 'Swagbuck's View' will be that they are rewarding high earners with higher bonuses. Which on the face of it sounds fair.

I am trying to play devil's advocate to further this, to see it from both sides of the coin and to try and work out the pros/cons and fairness.

At the minute I am undecided and shall remain so until I hear SB's explanation; this is only fair.

Discuss....

*runs off to the pub.

I'm sure you are right - this is what they said when they first mentioned the higher targets. They've said nothing further about this, though, and it's only the UK that has these targets. I want an official explanation, though. If they see that people can achieve these high goals then they will bring them out for everyone. The thing is yes, they are awarding higher bonuses - but if the goal is not achievable then not only do you lose that day's bonus but you also lose out on that week's additional bonus. If there were more opportunities to earn through surveys and offers that actually credit, then I would be happier. Last year you could almost guarantee that you would get a daily survey and quite often a trusted survey plus other surveys on the walls. As it is now, it's just a total lottery as to whether anyone can get the regular targets let alone the high ones.

The amount that we actually earn in bonuses is very small - the difference between 7sb and 18sb is only around 6p, and the 300sb bonus at the end of the month is only worth around £1.76, so we are not talking about huge sums of money. It's more the principal of the thing. If people cannot achieve these targets, then it's less money for swagbucks to pay out in bonuses.
    Swagbucks joined 5th July 2012 - Earned 2012: Amazon - £300 - 2013: Amazon - £610
    Neobux - joined 15th April 2013 - Earned 2013 $695 PayPal
    2014 - Swagbucks £75 Neobux $102 Clixsense $67
    2014 goal £180/600
  • paulshorse
    Options
    Leo2020 wrote: »
    I have to agree Inferno that I can also see it from both sides.

If you regular get 200 SB a day, for example, then you are gonna get a bigger bonus for doing that. Where as before everyone got the same bonus no matter what as long as they reached target.

In regards to doing loads of surveys on one day paulshorse I suppose it depends how they work out the averages. Is it on the previous week, last few days, month, lifetime earnings??? If it based on say a month then the odd day of going way over target isn't going matter. But whether SB will tell us how they work it is another matter.

They won't let us know - I'm certain of that. I too can see both sides and yes you do get larger bonuses. We are only talking a matter of a few pence each day, but if you can't consistently hit the targets then you don't get the bonus nor the monthly one, so you could end up worse off (albeit only a couple of pounds at the most). As I said, is the principal of the thing.
    Swagbucks joined 5th July 2012 - Earned 2012: Amazon - £300 - 2013: Amazon - £610
    2014 goal £180/600
  • Leo2020
    Leo2020 Posts: 910 Forumite
    Options
    paulshorse wrote: »
    If people cannot achieve these targets, then it's less money for swagbucks to pay out in bonuses.

SB do what they do to make money, the less money they give to us the more money they have.

But in the long run it will probably have the opposite effect as people will turn to other similar sites that pay better.
  • katy_ann
    katy_ann Posts: 1,088 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hiya guys

I havent done any swagging for a few months now but just come back and all seems to have changed, new website layout! Will have a ponder and see what I can do! x
    Debt free once - Back again | Current debt: £3002.96 - January 2023 | Currently repaying £50 a month - Estimated DFD Jan 2028 | Make £2023 in 2023 #51 - £33.75/£2023
  • paulshorse
    Options
    Leo2020 wrote: »
    SB do what they do to make money, the less money they give to us the more money they have.

But in the long run it will probably have the opposite effect as people will turn to other similar sites that pay better.

I agree - all business need to maximise profits. I personally can see where Swagbucks are coming from - they are wanting to give incentives to those who have the potential of earning more. This would be OK if those potentials were consistent. If you have a target of, say, 200sb and are able to achieve that day in day out then that's great. However, it becomes more and more of a struggle and that's when it stops being a fun thing to do and that is when there is a risk of people turning to other sites. I would have no problem with these targets if the earning potential was there and things credited - but I'll get down off my high horse now and let others have their say
    2014 goal £180/600
  • beegee181
    beegee181 Posts: 549 Forumite
    Options
    You're completely right Paul, 200 would be achievable for the most part if things paid out but they don't. I've now completed at least half a dozen cint surveys which haven't credited, trial pay has gone right down the pan and the rewards are getting less for the same amount of work (PL surveys now being 48sb, opinion surveys being 22sb etc). It's very unfair to put in such big targets and at the same time remove the potential to meet them.
  • Apple_Crumble
    Apple_Crumble Posts: 1,054 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    paulshorse wrote: »
    I agree - all business need to maximise profits. I personally can see where Swagbucks are coming from - they are wanting to give incentives to those who have the potential of earning more. This would be OK if those potentials were consistent. If you have a target of, say, 200sb and are able to achieve that day in day out then that's great. However, it becomes more and more of a struggle and that's when it stops being a fun thing to do and that is when there is a risk of people turning to other sites. I would have no problem with these targets if the earning potential was there and things credited - but I'll get down off my high horse now and let others have their say

I completely agree, Paul. I have reached goal every day since I started, back in June. However, although January was rather good for me, both February and March have been dismal. I have managed the daily goals using more and more sbtv and that is definitely NOT fun!

Considering how March was going, I have started doing more and more on Neobux and - in less that a month - I have already earned over $32 without the stress and the aggravation of offers not crediting. For April, I have decided to try the daily goal without putting too much effort into it but if I don't get it it'll be fine too. I am not thrilled with these potential changes and even less with the complete lack of communication. It's a shame because I used to really enjoy SB... now, not so much.
  • miwa
    miwa Posts: 1,512 Forumite
    Options
    The scheme is flawed because earnings are not consistent. Newbies are making big bucks on initial trials and offers and then unable to keep up that level of earning. Swagbucks need to sort out non-crediting surveys and offers before even DREAMING of altering the target and bonus system. Otherwise it is unfair and skewed in Swagbucks' favour - to make targets harder to achieve and therefore saving money. As myself and others have said before on this thread, Swagbucks is fast becoming not worth doing from a simple time vs money standpoint. I as a user feel messed around, fobbed off with excuses, used and exploited as a worker ant to be replaced by the next one that comes along. I sincerely hope Swagbucks either change their ways, or their user base finally get tired and the business - which reaps millions of dollars for the owners - fails.
  • curlywurly82
    curlywurly82 Posts: 185 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    i have struggled to get past 20 swagbucks a day for the past few weeks. Granted I don't log on everyday however when I do bother it is such hard work just to try and get 20 - 30 swagbucks.

I am hoping things change soon, I'm not one who wants or expects to earn 100+ swagbucks a day however it would be nice just to be able to earn a few more swagbucks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure