🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Virgin Mobile Tethering Iphone 4 to Mini Ipad

Options

Comments

• Harald
    Harald Posts: 205 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Disallowing tethering in limited plans (not to be confused with unlimited plans) should be illegal.

If you pay - for example - for 1GB allowance - it's yours. And it shuld be your decision how to use it (as long it's legal).

One of oldest truth about mobile networks is they make best money on paid and not used in full allowances.
  • jb66
    jb66 Posts: 1,705 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    older virgin plans allow tethering, mine does
  • ZhugeEX
    ZhugeEX Posts: 1,163 Forumite
    Options
    jb66 wrote: »
    older virgin plans allow tethering, mine does

No they don't.
  • jb66
    jb66 Posts: 1,705 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    ZhugeEX wrote: »
    No they don't.

yes they do
  • ZhugeEX
    ZhugeEX Posts: 1,163 Forumite
    Options
    jb66 wrote: »
    yes they do

Ok fine, but not more than 2GB, so it's hardly unlimited tethering. Besides you can tether on the new plans anyway even though you're not supposed to.
  • chocolatepennyfarthing
    Options
    Just to say, spoke with Virgin today have adv that I can tether my Iphone to Mini Ipad(talked me through how to do this after I said I would consider leaving if I had to purchase data elsewhere) but you can only do this on an unlimited plan, adv that if I go above 3.5gb a month(no chance of this as don't use 1gb at moment) speed may be reduced. Have been put on a new 30 day rolling contract 1200 mins, unlimited data and texts and free Virgin to Virgin calls £8 per month. Wifi Ipad ordered for collection tomorrow. Thanks for help re this.
    Jan Grocery challenge
    Budget £350 - Spent £64.45 to date
  • easy
    easy Posts: 2,516 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just to say, spoke with Virgin today have adv that I can tether my Iphone to Mini Ipad(talked me through how to do this after I said I would consider leaving if I had to purchase data elsewhere) but you can only do this on an unlimited plan, adv that if I go above 3.5gb a month(no chance of this as don't use 1gb at moment) speed may be reduced. Have been put on a new 30 day rolling contract 1200 mins, unlimited data and texts and free Virgin to Virgin calls £8 per month. Wifi Ipad ordered for collection tomorrow. Thanks for help re this.

Ecky thump, that sounds like a blinding deal !
    I try not to get too stressed out on the forum. I won't argue, i'll just leave a thread if you don't like what I say. :)
  • MillicentBystander
    Options
    Virgin Mobile are desperate to keep their customers so it's just a matter of ringing up after, say, 2-3 months and say you are on your way and could you please have a PAC. My son did this on his £17/mth 1200 mins/u/l texts/u/l data deal and got the above package for £10/mth (I suspect the poster above is already an existing Virgin Media TV/BB customer so got a slightly cheaper deal).
  • chocolatepennyfarthing
    Options
    They did say it was a £17 per month deal they were reducing, currently have broadband, a mobile 12 month sim only, 2 other mobiles on 30 day contracts with Virgin(one of those now moved to the £8 per month deal).
    Jan Grocery challenge
    Budget £350 - Spent £64.45 to date
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills