Options
    From my own personal experience, avoid, use another or just don't bother
    Save 12k in 2020 #19 £12,429.06/£14,000
  • TopCashBack_Company_Representative
    TopCashBack_Company_Representative Posts: 2,184 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hey everyone,

@ skid112 - You have £5 deducted in exchange for £20+ that Classic Members wouldn’t have got through extra top ups. Me personally, I think that is a very good investment but if you want us to remove the £20+ from your account in order to return that £5 please do let us know as we can make those arrangements for you.

@ B_M – I really do need to start triple and quadruple checking these things before getting back to you : O Really sorry about that!

@ morgana – Our claims team do work incredibly hard to get all oustandiong claims resolved. Each year they managed to get back millions of pounds for our members. They are quite a persistent group and so rather than declining the claim when we get no luck with a resolution we persists and continue to persist until we get a definite and final outcome. I understand for some this will be frustrating but we think this extra time is worth it as it could lead to you getting the cashback you expected. I hope before too long the team manage to get these sorted for you.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • skid112
    skid112 Posts: 373 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Again TCB you are talking nonsense and not really answering the questions posed. Why would I give you back something I earned? Oh yes and I earned that £75 which nicely fits into your coffers.
    In the vernacular...do one
    Save 12k in 2020 #19 £12,429.06/£14,000
    Options
    Hi @skid112,

I guess you could class this as an investment if you didn't choose Plus Membership (which is completely down to you) you wouldn't get that extra and additional funds.

The idea of Plus Membership is it's there for members to profit from it. If you don't think you will that is completely fine and you should switch to classic.

You have been better off on Plus Membership and I am not going to misinform you and tell you otherwise when that is not the case.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • B_M
    B_M Posts: 714 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 18 September 2017 at 9:07AM
    Options
    Strange one and maybe worth other checking, but I noticed over the weekend that on my account, I was being asked to upgrade from 'classic' to 'plus' at £5 per year.
    What's strange is, I've been a 'plus' member for many, many years and it's recurring, well normally.
    I've put a ticket in, but would like to know what's happened and why please.
    A glitch, or has someone had access to my account? I never made any such change.
    Anyone else having a similar issue?
    Plus Membership Periods Type Due Paid
    05 Jun 2013 to 05 Sep 2013 Plus £0.00 No Deduction Due
    05 Sep 2013 to 05 Sep 2014 Plus £5.00 Yes (View)
    05 Sep 2014 to 05 Sep 2015 Plus £5.00 Yes (View)
    05 Sep 2015 to 05 Sep 2016 Plus £5.00 Yes (View)
    05 Sep 2016 to 05 Sep 2017 Plus £5.00 Yes (View)

Upgrade to TopCashback 'Plus' now
    You’ve got the opportunity to save more by upgrading to TopCashback Plus. You’ll get a 5% bonus added to all transactions, enhanced Tell-a-friend and payout bonuses, and more, in exchange for £5 of your annual cashback earnings.
    No payments from financial products from cash back sites? Put in a complaint direct and if they don't resolve your issue, head straight to the financial ombudsman - it costs the company £550 in referral fees, win or lose.
    Options
    Hey B_M,

I have personally responded back to your ticket. This is a technical issue rather than anything else and is something we are looking into :)

Best wishes,
    Matt
  • pjran
    pjran Posts: 1,903 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    TCB recently had a promotional deal spend £15 to receive an extra £2.50. I made a purchase following the link from their site and my spend shows with an expected value but no where on my account does the £2.50 show - why? Hope you can answer this.
  • B_M
    B_M Posts: 714 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Thank you Matt, I'll take your word for it.
    A few issues at TCB headquarters over the weekend then.

Many members have had issues with their bonuses reporting, although I can confirm mine did report along with my purchase.
    My wife's didn't as as yet, still hasn't.

Can you also please advise what's happening with Village Hotels payments? Or, when do TCB expect any more payments from them?
    No payments since April? Is it time to make them stand on the naughty chair?
    No payments from financial products from cash back sites? Put in a complaint direct and if they don't resolve your issue, head straight to the financial ombudsman - it costs the company £550 in referral fees, win or lose.
  • qsk
    qsk Posts: 424 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    pjran wrote: »
    TCB recently had a promotional deal spend £15 to receive an extra £2.50. I made a purchase following the link from their site and my spend shows with an expected value but no where on my account does the £2.50 show - why? Hope you can answer this.
    It's £3. I think it usually tracks a few days later. As this is TCB's own offer, TCB is always good in honouring it in my experience. You can submit a support call in a few days if it is still not tracking, and TCB will manually apply the bonus if the transaction is confirmed.
    Options
    Hey everyone,

@ pjran – It can take 7 days for this to track back to your account but if it doesn’t please do let us know so we can see what has happened.

@ B_M – It can take 7 days for the bonus to appear and it’s likely over the coming days these do get credited �� While I can not predict when we will get payment from Village Hotels, it is a merchant who I will look into for you and will raise this with the relevant teams should it be required.

@GSK – thanks so much for your lovely comments �� You are completely right and if a member is eligible for it we’ll ensure they do not miss out.

Best wishes,
    Matt
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback