Topcashback Questions & Answers

Options

Comments

• TopCashBack_Company_Representative
    TopCashBack_Company_Representative Posts: 2,184 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hey,

@ bxboards – If you can email me at mse@topcashback.co.uk I will be happy to take a look into this for you.

@dougzz - I am really sorry you feel like that, many rates we have on site are different to discounts you get direct with merchants and in many cases merchants don’t offer discounts but do offer cashback. I am sorry if you have had issues with your transactions and I am more than happy to look into these if you drop us an email at mse@topcashback.co.uk

Best wishes,
    Matt
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • bxboards
    bxboards Posts: 1,711 Forumite
    Options
    Hey,

@ bxboards – If you can email me at mse@topcashback.co.uk I will be happy to take a look into this for you.

Best wishes,
    Matt

Thanks very much for looking at this and resolving so quickly!

10/10 from me on this one! :T
    Options
    Hey bxboards,

I am glad we could get this sorted swiftly for you :)

Best wishes,
    Matt
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • thor
    thor Posts: 5,483 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I wrote to TCB and have done so at regular intervals since but I keep getting told they are still waiting on the merchant and thanking me for my patience. I keep asking how long I need to wait and more or less the same response keeps happening.

Has anyone else had problems with Good Energy not tracking correctly via TCB and how long were you kept waiting?
    I have had a similar problem but with Argos and it is now over 2 years since I made a purchase with them. If you are relying on TCB to be looking out for your interests then from my experience I can't say you will have a positive outcome. It took them a year and a half to get Argos to state that they did not pay out because I returned my order. This is a blatant lie from Argos and I have the proof because just recently I contacted their support and got them to admit that I never did request to return my purchase from them. I'm sorry to sound so pessimistic but I do hope TCB manage to sort it out for you like they failed to do for me.
    Options
    Hello thor,

I am sorry to hear that. I am afraid when a merchant admittedly declined cashback for a reason they believe is true there is nothing further we can do.

With argos,there was an issue with the time it took them to resolve claims which our team have worked solidly to get sorted and get the resolution time down which has happened. However, I appreciate if you were one of the members we couldn't overturn the claim for this can be frustrating.

Best wishes,
    Matt
  • El_Presidente
    Options
    Hi,

I was recently notified by TopCashBack of the possibility that someone else may have access to my account by having 'obtained usernames & passwords', so they suspended my account asking me to get in touch. I did so and have arranged a password reset. Strange that this happens so soon after a confirmed security issue at TCB: http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/shopping/2017/03/topcashback-users-logged-into-wrong-accounts-after-recurring-security-glitch

Having logged on with my new password I find that every penny of my balance has been withdrawn as an amazon.co.uk gift card - obviously to someone else's Amazon account address.

I now need to know how TopCashBack logs can be used to trace this fraudsters email account and how this gift card can be cancelled or refunded.

Any one else facing this or a similar issue since April 2017?

Regards,
    Bob.
    Options
    Hi Bob,

Firstly I just wanted to say, we completely understand and share your frustration.

The unauthorised access to your account we emailed you about was detected by our stringent security checks. While we can’t pinpoint how your email and password were obtained, we are completely certain it was external to TopCashback. It’s possible that an account you have with another company, which you have used the same log-in details for, has been accessed, or malicious software which captures a user’s keystrokes and internet activity could have been used.

In regards to your missing cashback, when our system flagged the unauthorised access and we alerted you to this, we also took the decision to replenish your previous cashback balance at our own cost as we understand you are not at fault. This should be showing in your account, please let us know if you have any issues viewing it on mse@topcashback.co.uk.

We would advise that you change any other accounts you hold where you use the same combination of email and password.

Please do get in touch with us directly if you have any other questions.

Best wishes,
    Matt
  • El_Presidente
    Options
    I appreciate this kind response and I see you have credited my balance.

Might I make a suggestion to help counteract these hacks?

Don't allow direct codes to be produced for amazon or any other types of gift card or voucher purchases. Instead insist that the card/voucher is emailed to the account registered email address. That way you can clearly log any changed email and usage actions, to help trace the fraudsters. Better still you could insist that email changes cannot be immediately followed by withdrawl that involves an emailed item. Perhaps making it mandatory to wait a week after an email change to then use it for withdrawls.

Thanks again.
    Bob.
    Options
    Hey Bob,

I am pleased that we could help and resolve this for you. Thanks also for your further feedback about changes we could make to the payout process and I will be sure to pass this over to the relevant teams for you.

Best wishes,
    Matt
  • whist
    whist Posts: 94 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 9 July 2017 at 2:23PM
    Options
    Hi
    My topcashback account seems to have been closed for no reason.

I recently started using topcashback since they seem to have better rates than quidco which i have used for several years without a single issue . I was planning several holidays where I was booking hotels via expedia or ebookers. I used Topcashback to book most of the hotels for my trip. The cashback including pending totaling around 600. Most of this have been confirmed by the merchants.

The first payment i requested was in Amazon vouchers, the voucher didn't work with the error voucher already applied to another account. . I again contacted TCB who told me to reset me cookies - didn't make sense but i did that and got the same message. I then contacted amazon customer service directly who told me and sent an email to confirm "I've checked our records and can see that this Gift Card has already been redeemed onto another account..
    I went back to TCB who told me to allow a day to look into it. The next time I tried to login , I couldn't.
    I tried resetting my password , that didn't work either. I tried on different days. I sent a few messages via the contact form - NO reply. I sent a couple of message to to the email contact- again nothing.

SO the current situation is that I have almost £600 pounds of payment due to me over the next few months . Topcashback have received some of the money from the merchants and will be receiving others once I have taken my trips.

I haven't received a dime.

They now appear to have closed my account without notifying me and presumably will be keeping the money for themselves.

Surely this is illegal?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure