Topcashback Questions & Answers

Options

Comments

2010 Posts: 5,367 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    TCB let known non paying merchants on their site because they put the fat fee from the merchants before member`s interest.

They did boot Shearings off their site just over a year ago but have now let them back on after getting yet another fat fee and of course a % of any business members give to them.

My advice to anyone who have been patient and waited an unreasonable amount of time and have got nowhere with TCB is this.

Gather evidence of trying to get the cashback along the way such as opening a support ticket.
    When your patience finally runs out with TCB`s excuses, write to them informing of legal action and give them a date to respond by.
    If still no joy, send them a money claims online summons. (small claims court).

I`ll guarantee they`ll respond 100% to that.
  • TopCashBack_Company_Representative
    TopCashBack_Company_Representative Posts: 2,184 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hey everyone,

@2010 – In some cases cashback can get caught up in the system. It doesn’t mean they won’t be paid it just means it’s taking time to reach us. If people book with Sheerings for example, they should be booking to get the holiday and not the bonus. We can only re-emphasise once more that purchases should not be made because of the cashback. Purchases should be made because you want the product and the cashback is a bonus that is paid to companies as a commission payment that we pass on as cashback website.

@B_M – Many thanks for your comments. I’ve collected some stats on this merchant and will pass this forward back on to the cashback network who looks after payments with this merchant for all commission sources.

@wishuponastar – If you email me at mse@topcashback.co.uk I will be happy to look into your claim for you.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    2010 Posts: 5,367 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hey everyone,

@2010 – In some cases cashback can get caught up in the system. It doesn’t mean they won’t be paid it just means it’s taking time to reach us. If people book with Sheerings for example, they should be booking to get the holiday and not the bonus. We can only re-emphasise once more that purchases should not be made because of the cashback.
    Best wishes,
    Matt

This virtually means that your site isn`t worth the hassle of using.

Don`t be under any illusions, the ONLY reason people use TCB is for the cashback and now you`re saying,use it but don`t expect to get cashback!
  • B_M
    B_M Posts: 714 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options

@B_M – Many thanks for your comments. I’ve collected some stats on this merchant and will pass this forward back on to the cashback network who looks after payments with this merchant for all commission sources.

Please advise before next weekend whether TCB will be honouring the cashback due from Clas Ohlson, even if under their 'fair play policy'.

If not, I'll go straight ahead with a complaint direct to Clas Ohlson.
    No payments from financial products from cash back sites? Put in a complaint direct and if they don't resolve your issue, head straight to the financial ombudsman - it costs the company £550 in referral fees, win or lose.
  • wishuponastar
    Options
    Hey everyone,

@wishuponastar – If you email me at [EMAIL="mse@topcashback.co.uk"]mse@topcashback.co.uk[/EMAIL] I will be happy to look into your claim for you.

Best wishes,
    Matt

Thanks, i'll do that.

If anyone has any experience with Good Energy cashback (good or bad) I'd love to hear from you. I'll update everyone on here how I get on.
    Options
    Hey everyone,

@2010 – Sorry you feel that way, we do our best to explain about the cashback process both upon sign up and while members on visiting our site. We will continue to do this to ensure we can be sure members are provided with as much info when clicking through to purchase.

@B_M – I can assure you we’ll do everything we can to get this cashback progressing for you.

@wishuponastar – Many thanks for that and we’ll reply to your email as soon as we can.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • bxboards
    bxboards Posts: 1,711 Forumite
    Options
    Hello

About 6 weeks ago you had an Ebay offer with 4% for various categories, 4% for electronics, then a few days later 4% for fashion, then Home and Garden etc

I made a number of electronics purchases at 4% during that period (going via your 4% link, not the generic 1% Ebay link)

Everything confirmed at 1%, but I expected it to correct to 4% when it went to payable. However they have now gone to payable at 1%.

Could you look into if this promotion actually worked? I have about 8 transactions during that promotion and nothing paid at the 4% advertised. The category is included in 'electronics' and did and still does appear in Ebay's menu when you enter via electronics.

Thanks
    Options
    Hey bxboards,

I would advise you to lodge a missing cashback claim for your purchases that have tracked incorrectly. However, I will also investigate this in the meantime to ensure everything has worked as expected.

Best wishes,
    Matt
  • bxboards
    bxboards Posts: 1,711 Forumite
    Options
    Hey bxboards,

I would advise you to lodge a missing cashback claim for your purchases that have tracked incorrectly. However, I will also investigate this in the meantime to ensure everything has worked as expected.

Best wishes,
    Matt

Hello Matt

I cannot raise claims my side - although I see several click tracks in the claim for for Ebay Electronics against 4% when i try to submit I either up on with 'whoopsie daisy' errors messages, or red 'transactions not found warnings' and am asked to raise a support ticket.

As this seems to be a systematic error where nothing has tracked at 4% (in spite of the click records) I was rather hoping this could be looked at your side.
  • dougzz
    dougzz Posts: 39 Forumite
    Options
    I'm surprised so many people continue with these cash back sites, and similarly with the things like Avios eStore. I find the volume of things that need to be pursued, don't track, don't confirm, don't pay the promised amount, or just don't pay at all, make it too much effort for the unreliable reward. I for example have a transaction with an online bookmaker with TCB that is over a year old and still 'being queried with the network' - they could have communicated via messages in bottles thrown in the sea and it should have sorted by now.
    If I was offered a real 2% discount, or some notional 10% cashback, I'd take the real discount every time.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback