Forum Home» Shop but don't drop

Topcashback Questions & Answers - Page 235

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Topcashback Questions & Answers

edited 27 October 2015 at 9:51AM in Shop but don't drop
4.8K replies 755.1K views

Replies

• sarah1972sarah1972 Forumite, Board Guide
    16.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tubby210 wrote: »
    yes they were on there, I have £75 confirmed

not sure what your chances are of getting it now that they are not on there but fingers crossed for you that the rep on this thread can sort it out for you ;)
    I'm a Board Guide on all of the Shopping & Freebies Boards & Competitions
    I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to [email protected] (its not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
  • TopCashBack_Company_RepresentativeTopCashBack_Company_Representative Organisation Representatives - Private Messages may not be monitored
    2.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

It has been busy on here over Easter! I will do my best to get back to each of you but sorry if I miss anyone, just shout up and I will get back to you :)

@besonders1 - Any cashback does come from the retailer and from this amount, we pass over 100% of this back to our members, I can assure you that we do not pocket any of it and if you do not receive this, then it is because we have not received this. We will always assist where we can with a claim but some merchants simply are not able to able to process these.

@B_M - We will always aim to get the cashback for our members but sometimes we do hit dead ends meaning that we cannot take it any further to retrieve this, if we could we would make sure that everyone got the cashback but if we don't receive the amounts to pass forward, then it just is not possible.

@molerat - That is great to hear !

@mamabuddah - I am sorry that the update you received was not satisfactory, the rates that we offer have to be agreed by the merchant via their network as the cashback that we provide comes from them, this is why it can take time should a transaction not progress as quickly as expected as we have to follow set channels via the affiliate network to get any cashback amounts. There is no contract when clicking through TCB and I can see what you mean when you say
    The fact that "cashback is not guaranteed" (their claim) is really more suited to when claimants have used other affiliates, wrong procedures, not cleared cookies
    . however, as mentioned, if we do not receive the cashback from the merchant for your purchase, then we simply are not able to pass this on to you. I can assure you that we do have internal processes which are followed for when the cashback is not received within the estimated time frame and we will always work hard to get these amounts to you as quickly as we can.

@littlereddevil - I am sorry to hear this, I have taken a look at the tracking for Netflights and cannot see any issues here, could you be sure to clear your cookies before making your next purchase with them? Hopefully this helps but if not, please do not hesitate to get in touch with our Customer Care Team on a support ticket so that we can take a further look at your account for you.

@B_M -
    Maybe TCB can explain why this happens time and time again, yet no issues through Quidco for similar promotions (discount code and cashback)?
    It is all dependent on what the network report to us and if the amount reported is lower then expected, then this is what is applied. This is why we have the claims system in place though so that we can query this with the merchant and look to get the higher amount tracking.

@2010, @B_M - We will always remove any troublesome merchants from site but these are very few and very far between. We do have processes behind the scenes that we use to help get any outstanding cashback to members or resolve any issues that should arise such as if there was a problem with the tracking for a merchant, in the majority of cases these are spotted and resolved quickly but in some cases, the processes can take longer and although it seems we are merely providing delay tactics, we do have people working hard to get these issues resolved and sometimes, we do need that extra 4-6 weeks to keep working to get the cashback

@tubby210. - Is your transaction pending or confirmed and also, what date was this made? I can take a look at our stats and see what I can find out regarding your transaction for you.

I hope that I have been of some help and again, if I have missed anyone please let me know and I will get a response to you!

Have a great rest of the day!

Best wishes,
    Samantha
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to [email protected] This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • tubby210tubby210 Forumite
    240 posts
    transaction is confirmed, transaction date was 23rd october.
  • TopCashBack_Company_RepresentativeTopCashBack_Company_Representative Organisation Representatives - Private Messages may not be monitored
    2.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi tubby210,

I have taken a look into this merchant for you. I can see they have fairly recently paid us for certain transactions but this does not cover all of the transactions outstanding. You may also notice that this merchant is no longer on site and this can lead to issues with the cashback network obtaining the funds from the merchant.

There recent payment does hopefully mean this merchant will be paying for the outstanding transactions but I am not able to commit to this until we are in receipt of the payment for your transaction.

I do hope this helps.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to [email protected] This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • ArsenalFCArsenalFC Forumite
    1.1K posts
    hi tubby210,

i have taken a look into this merchant for you. I can see they have fairly recently paid us for certain transactions but this does not cover all of the transactions outstanding. you may also notice that this merchant is no longer on site and this can lead to issues with the cashback network obtaining the funds from the merchant.

matt

bull crap statement
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • B_MB_M Forumite
    714 posts
    I've been Money Tipped!

@B_M -
    It is all dependent on what the network report to us and if the amount reported is lower then expected, then this is what is applied. This is why we have the claims system in place though so that we can query this with the merchant and look to get the higher amount tracking.

I see that Hoppa has another exclusive with a 25% discount code and 20% cashback.
    I'm going to attempt again, but will it track correct this time? They all can't be wrong can they? Luckily, it's for a single transfer and on the cheap side.
    I'll update later. ;)
    No payments from financial products from cash back sites? Put in a complaint direct and if they don't resolve your issue, head straight to the financial ombudsman - it costs the company £550 in referral fees, win or lose.
  • edited 31 March 2016 at 2:31AM
    bristolleedsfanbristolleedsfan Forumite
    8.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 31 March 2016 at 2:31AM
    Hi tubby210,

I have taken a look into this merchant for you. I can see they have fairly recently paid us for certain transactions but this does not cover all of the transactions outstanding.

The last payment received was ....( Month) :question: and that payment covered the transactions for .....(Month) :question:
  • bristolleedsfanbristolleedsfan Forumite
    8.7K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Where did Booking Buddy go?

Looks like it is now just on Quidco and Ecashers sister site
  • mamabuddahmamabuddah Forumite
    786 posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    @topcashbackrepresentative:

You (TCB) advertised the cashback rate, I assume you agreed it with the retailer?
    I purchased through your link at your advertised rate.

The transaction was confirmed....so who are you telling me has not kept their end of the deal?

Either Argos are reneging on the deal, in which case Argos have lied to TCB about the rate they would pay or TCB won't stand over their own advertising?

Simple question that really doesn't warrant all the "cut and paste replies"

Who is at fault here? Where does the problem rest?
    No two ways about this one: Anything Free is not a Basic Right..it had to be earned...by someone, somewhere
  • bristolleedsfanbristolleedsfan Forumite
    8.7K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Before TCB rep comes on and says words to effect that TCB are not "advertising"

http://www.asai.ie/complaint/telecommunications-13/

"The advertisers’ website acts as a ............"