Topcashback Questions & Answers

Options

Comments

• carh
    carh Posts: 174 Forumite
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I hope everyone is having a nice day.

@Browntoa - Thanks for your comments. We do as you say, try and help everyone where we can. If you have any queries in the future please don't hesitate to let us know.

@tight_arze - If your transaction has not progressed to payable yet, it will mean that we are still awaiting the funds to be passed over to us. However, If you can kindly send your account email address and the transaction details to mse@topcashback.co.uk, we can take a look into how this is progressing for you.

@legendkiller2k8 - I can assure you we do not hold cashback and have no intentions to start doing so. Once the cashback is paid by the merchant it goes through a cashback network, which means it may not go into your account the exact same day as the merchant has paid it. But once the network processes the payment and passes it onto us it goes straight to you. If you haven't been paid, it means we have not been paid.

In relation to Snap and Save, if we sent this error to you it means it can't be displayed and therefore we can't see if the receipt meets the terms of the offer. As you will have seen we give all members a 2nd chance to send in a receipt through an email. The only reason we do this is to give all our members the fair chance of earning the expected cashback. As long as it meets the terms and conditions of the offer it will be approved. We have no intentions to mislead members and have only created this option to help members earn more cashback.

@Bougainvillea - Many thanks for your comments we really do value and appreciate them. We do pride ourselves on being the UK's highest offering cashback site, and we love being able to allow you to payout through various different methods including the massively popular clubcard points. If you have any future queries please do let us know :)

@ carh – I can further assure you there is no truth in your assumptions that we keep cashback. The whole cashback system relies on cookies and what information your device tells the merchant. You may have made the purchase and it may be eligible for the cashback, but unless the merchant can see that we are the last referrer we will not be paid the cashback and it won’t track. In addition, it may be that a transaction does track but when the merchant goes to confirm the transaction it sees that your device has told the merchant you came from a different referrer and not us.

When you click through from us, we do show a message to say that your visit has been recorded – this is wholly for our records and means if a transaction doesn't track we have evidence that helps us to query a claim. Also I would like to mention that the tracking is not done by us and we have no power to tell the cashback network not to track a transaction. It is unfortunate that you feel we can. We are a honest and fair company that passes on cashback when it is awarded to us. I am sorry if you have had a bad experience.

If your claim has been approved and then the transaction has been declined, you can normally ask our Claims Team to query this further and in most cases they can. If you want to query this further please do email us the transaction details and your email to mse@topcashback.co.uk

I hope this helps everyone.

Best wishes,

Matt
    Fair comment, Matt. I know Samantha has been helpful in the recent past when I had never received an email in my entire life of being a TCB member, and also she checked up on some of the missed cash back purchases. It is only that I seemed to be getting no luck with the cashback even showing and when I had to Claim EVERY single purchase, it got very very frustrating when I did everything I had been told to do. It is only since April, for no explicable reason, that my cashback has started to "appear " again. I still have 2 issues from March which were recorded on your system, but have never registered on my account. You can understand how frustrating this can be.
    Carh:A
  • legendkiller2k8
    Options
    So are MSE siding with Topcashback now and deleting posts that expose TCB?
    Maybe my comments were harsh but when it's decline after decline after decline is it any wonder i question TCB?
  • TopCashBack_Company_Representative
    TopCashBack_Company_Representative Posts: 2,184 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi there,

@carh, thanks for your comments and it is great to hear that your transactions have started tracking as expected for you again :) I do understand that this was frustrating for you and I am glad that I have been able to help with this, hopefully any outstanding claims that you have are successful but you know where I am if I can ever be of further assistance!

@legendkiller2k8, I am sorry to see that your post has been removed, I can understand that it is frustrating when you experience several declined transactions, but I can wholly assure you that this does not mean that we receive the money and keep it, the cashback is never passed forward for declined transactions and any cashback that we do receive will always be passed straight on to you. If you do ever have any questions regarding a specific decline though, you can always get in touch on a support ticket or email me here at mse@topcashback.co.uk and I would be more than happy to help.

Have a great weekend!

Best wishes,
    Samantha
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • legendkiller2k8
    Options
    Hi there,

@carh, thanks for your comments and it is great to hear that your transactions have started tracking as expected for you again :) I do understand that this was frustrating for you and I am glad that I have been able to help with this, hopefully any outstanding claims that you have are successful but you know where I am if I can ever be of further assistance!

@legendkiller2k8, I am sorry to see that your post has been removed, I can understand that it is frustrating when you experience several declined transactions, but I can wholly assure you that this does not mean that we receive the money and keep it, the cashback is never passed forward for declined transactions and any cashback that we do receive will always be passed straight on to you. If you do ever have any questions regarding a specific decline though, you can always get in touch on a support ticket or email me here at [EMAIL="mse@topcashback.co.uk"]mse@topcashback.co.uk[/EMAIL] and I would be more than happy to help.

Have a great weekend!

Best wishes,
    Samantha
    Ok let's say you do not pocket the money, if merchants are constantly declining genuine transactions then why are you allowing them on your site?
    You should protect your customer by suspending merchants who constantly decline transactions, this would go a very long way in restoring peoples confidence in Topcashback, until TCB show that you take customers complaints seriously and start suspending merchants the finger of blame will always point on TCB.
  • Wheres_My_Cashback
    Options
    So it's not just the APP that doesn't work properly with snapandsave. Receipt submitted 3 days ago via the website. Message received that receipt sent and received successfully. Has it appeared in my pending account.....No !

MSM, SHOPTIZE, QUIDCO, COS all work, no problems, yet yours is appalling ! It just isn't worth the hassle anymore.
  • Wheres_My_Cashback
    Options
    Ok let's say you do not pocket the money, if merchants are constantly declining genuine transactions then why are you allowing them on your site?
    You should protect your customer by suspending merchants who constantly decline transactions, this would go a very long way in restoring peoples confidence in Topcashback, until TCB show that you take customers complaints seriously and start suspending merchants the finger of blame will always point on TCB.

Remember that TCB are regulated by the FSA, therefore if you feel your complaint is justified, complain to the FSA or complain to Trading Standards as misrepresentation.
  • legendkiller2k8
    Options
    Remember that TCB are regulated by the FSA, therefore if you feel your complaint is justified, complain to the FSA or complain to Trading Standards as misrepresentation.
    I think that may be my next step to be honest and maybe see if a national newspaper wants to run a article on tcb too.
  • Terry98
    Terry98 Posts: 1,155 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I have used for TCB for quite a few years. I had very few problems until the last year when I have had more purchases not tracking than tracking!

All my purchases are made using the same browser with the same settings, some track immediately but most don't track at all now.

I understand "Your visit has been recorded" doesn't really mean much other than that TCB has tracked a click redirect out of their domain.

Could the TCB rep please confirm if is then down to the retailer to confirm the sale to TCB before it's shown as tracked in my account.

Surely if my visit is recorded by TCB and I my order was placed with the supplier within a few minutes the purchase should automatically track.

I know tracking does not mean payment and there are many other things that can stop payment but at least if the tracking process was automated it would show up rouge retailers refusing to keep their side of the process.
  • jan31
    Options
    Tesco Mobile are not paying the full amount of Cashback advertised through TCB. isn't this illegal?
  • stonehaven1966
    Options
    Thanks to Samantha,

Access to my account has now been restored.:j
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills