PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

May 2013 Grocery Challenge

Comments

• meg72
    meg72 Posts: 5,164 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    WantToBeSE wrote: »
    Hi Florenceem.
    We never buy takeaways, our last was over 2 years ago now.
    Snack foods are the problem in this house, for sure. My 2 boys eat a LOT. They will happily eat breakfast (porridge and toast, with fruit), Lunch (at school), then come home and munch on snacks (normally bisuits, a packet of crisps, fruit, jelly) and then eat a huge big meal for dinner.
    Both of them are very active though, and have no weight problems or health problems.
    I really dont think its fair to restrict their intake, as they are growing, healthy lads...but they are costing me a fortune!!

Do the school meals have to come out of your budget,? can see why you are finding it hard if so,
    Slimming World at target
  • meg72
    meg72 Posts: 5,164 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    So many spends! Had friends over Friday night and spent £30ish and then a further £40 today. Exact totals in sig.

Made roasted tomato and goats cheese quiche and had with leftover salady bits.

A37BC0C9-FF8E-49CE-AEA8-86088C592B0F-3001-0000015F8A1A7B72_zps3dc63091.jpg

87824780-757F-4E2B-A924-9DD812946497-3001-0000015F7A189179_zps74047df9.jpg

Mealplan for this week:
    • Sun 28 – roasted tomato & goats cheese quiche with leftover salady bits
    • Mon 29th – OH having pizza; I’m out
    • Tues 30th – we have a wedding caterer tasting so are out in the evening again
    • Wed 1st – mac & cheese with broccoli and salad
    • Thurs 2nd – chilli con carne with rice
    • Fri 3rd – spicy chicken wings with corn on the cob and salad
    • Sat 4th – penne arrabiata

That quiche looks fab, I think you have inspired me to make one today, have salad leaves, wild garlic and cress growing for salad
    Slimming World at target
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    just declared an over spend of £31.21 for april so ive come over here to try better for the next month

May's budget will be £400

thanks for the brill reciepes meal plans photos and encouragement everyone comes up with each month.

you all really do help me stay near to the straight and narrow if not on it. even when i go over im spending less than i would without you and throwing far less away (almost nothing now)
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • dollydog
    dollydog Posts: 58 Forumite
    Morning!

May budget starts for me today and I'm having a NSD still plenty of bits and bobs to cobble meals together.

I 'm really going to give the challenge my full attention this month as Mr dollydog will be out of work in 2 weeks time, with nothing on the horizon ATM
  • lizziebabe
    lizziebabe Posts: 1,115 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi everyone :wave:

My month starts from the 1st May so Coxy could you please put me down for £120 for this month please. I have cut back by £5 as last month spent £101.36/£125. So am confident I will be OK.

I am away this weekend, but staying with friends so will pay my way.
    Have read all the posts so far and WELCOME to all the Newbies and Happy :money:for May. Was there something else I should be doing on my day off instead of being on here :whistle:

Much more fun than housework :rotfl::rotfl:
  • mum26
    mum26 Posts: 1,485 Forumite
    Hi all, I really need to get a grip on our food spending so please could you put me down for £500
    please.

That is to cover 2 adults (one on slimming world)
    1 veggie teenager
    Another very very active hollow sporty teenager
    Four other children aged 8-11 including two difficult to feed Aspie's.

That is seven lunchboxes a day (8 on a friday when I work 10-7, occasionally more often if I have overtime)

This has to cover cat food for two cats and hay and food for 3 guinea pigs too as well as cleaning products and toiletries.
  • I haven't yet declared for April, but I'd like to join in for May please

£180

Thank you
  • Crowdpleaser
    Crowdpleaser Posts: 1,277 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    £2 spend on cow juice today. Sig updated! X
  • Welsh_Poppy
    Welsh_Poppy Posts: 979 Forumite
    Afternoon a NSD today

Dinner is mash potato faggots mushy peas and gravy for OH
    I am having quorn fillets in BBQ sauce,mash and asparagus.

Will work my way through my 2 freezer this month and next month.
    Weight loss challenge 66lb to go /59lb's lost

Grocery Budget January £150/£175
    Feb £150/
  • Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 4,874 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Hi everyone,

Budgets done to here :)

Welcome to our new joiners:
    zebredy, WinterGhosts, fallen angel shelley and mum26 :D

First spends of May GC for us today £37.58 in A!di.

Having DR pork sausages with mini roasties, leeks and broccoli tonight (I am having qu0rn sausages in a bid to stick to chubby club rules ;))

Have a good evening everyone.
    Coxy
    Cross-stitch WIP: Durene Jones Haberdashery Shop 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn 12/24
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure