PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

April 2013 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• Florenceem
    Florenceem Posts: 7,973 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    The first week of my April GC is over tomorrow. :D Having a really good week - spending - just £1 on milk! :j Next spend will be on milk - got everything else we need.
    We have so much stock in - need to run it down before the house renovations. :eek:
    We had bits from the freezer for a quick dinner - prawn curry, basmati rice and garlic/coriander naan bread.
    Having TITH tomorrow with roast potatoes, roast parsnip, roasted orange pepper, beetroot, white onions and red onions.
    I have written out next week's meal plan.

Saturdaysdinner_zpsa67adad7.jpg
    Decluttering Achieved - 2023 - 10,364 Decluttering Target - 2024 - 3,129 May - 54/36
    GC NSD 2023 - 242/365
    2023 Craft Makes - 245 Craft Spends 2023 - £676.03/£400
    Books read - 2023 - 37
    GC - 2024 4 Week Period £20.09/£100 NSD - 87
    2024 Craft Makes - 221 Craft Spends 2024 £312.42/£500
  • Eyebright
    Eyebright Posts: 1,018 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Another spend today of £12.60 in Mr. M's for the last few bits I needed for dinner and dessert tomorrow. Next weeks shop is going to have to be a frugal one if I stand any chance of coming in on budget!
    I'm going to do a meal plan tomorrow to organise myself then do an online order to ensure I only buy what is on my list. Too tempting if I'm physically in the SM!!! :o
    POAYDBX 2020 #? 20/4000
    1 debt vs 100 days #14 20/1000
    Saving for Christmas 2020 50/500
    EF Saving 285/500
  • Smoosh
    Smoosh Posts: 1,629 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Not starting my April budget until it's officially April, but I will aim for £100 again. As usual, to include household items as well as groceries for 2 people + a cat :)
  • Nicky_Noo_Na
    Options
    £5.24 on some toiletries. Big shop on Monday to come!
  • JIL
    JIL Posts: 8,700 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Heres a link to a very tasty vege ragu. Theres also some other really good recipes on it. http://www.eattherightstuff.com/blog/2008/3/13/a-life-changing-ragu.html
  • BeckyC2be
    BeckyC2be Posts: 175 Forumite
    Options
    Did a 'big' shop yesterday in Asda, normally shop at Mr T's but my mum fancied Asda and she used her petrol so I went there. I spent £20.36 and seemed to get an awful lot, including a couple of weeks cats food and litter (and a couple of packs of biscuits :D)

I'll put it as my sig when I figure out how!
    Rubbish at the grocery challenge!
  • JayJay14
    JayJay14 Posts: 1,918 Forumite
    Options
    If you haven't seen it This is a lovely down to earth blog with easy vegie recipes.
  • Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 4,887 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone!

Happy Easter to you all :easter:

Budgets done to here :)

Welcome to:
    bmma and getting-sorted-sarah :D

Coxy
    Cross-stitch WIP: Durene Jones Haberdashery Shop 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading Into the Water by Paula Hawkins 14/24
  • Wentthedaywell?
    Options
    Hello everyone! Is it too late for me to join please? My finiancial year starts April 1st and I've just totalled my 2012-13 spends and was shocked to see the biggest expense by far was on groceries. I want to try reduce this by a third this year.

I want to try live on £130 pm which should be plenty for a single person. I know some months will more expensive if I've done a freezer shop etc, so i'm aiming for an annual total of £1600.

Cutting down on grocery spend is a key strategy to reach my saving and mortgage-free targets and I'm looking forward to getting valuable tips from you clever people on this thread! :)
    Save £12k in 2022 thread #7:

Save £10,000 Jan-May 2022 THEN RETIRE!!
    Final total for (half) year: -£4,000
  • tessie_bear
    tessie_bear Posts: 4,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    happy easter i do hope noone was forgotten by the easter bunny...he dropped a fair bit off here....we are going out for lunch but i hope everyone cooking has sucess with it

tata tessa
    onwards and upwards
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family