PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Sunday 24th March 2013

Options

Comments

• camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,028 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning All

Up bright and early here, already put the washing on (it may go on the line for a while), prepped tonight's dinner which is lamb shanks in the slow cooker - gosh they were expensive, last time I bought them they were a cheap meal, £7.53 for 2!! Made pancakes for DDs breakfast, she has work at 1 today and am now boiling some beetroot that I got at the farmer's market a couple of weeks ago.

The weather is quite bright and not raining or snowing for a change, there hasn't been any new snow overnight which is good.

Still trying to strip the material off the piano stool, it has been put on with horrible fine staples that are very difficult to remove, my hand was sore yesterday so gave up for a while. Will give it another go and then sand it down later.

Don't think I need to go out today so will potter about here.

Headlight - get to the doctor.

Take care and enjoy Sunday. XX
  • betheebee
    betheebee Posts: 1,818 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all,
    We're so lucky in that we have no snow, just drizzly and damp.
    Up early as DH is watching the GPrix and I needed to get some things done before the racket of the cars filled my head. Didn't get the joint of beef out of the freezer as I remembered I have 2 cooked chooks in there so chicken it is for dinner with all trimmings. We don't do puds, we prefer savory so cheese board if he's still hungry.

We had DGD2 and DGD3 y/day whilst DD took SiL3b to hosp for a wisdom tooth extraction, wont go into gory details but they were told it's the most difficult one they have ever had to remove from anyone, perfectly good tooth but the root was almost in his boots!!
    Anyhoo we ended up having the girls for 8.5hrs so the upstairs didn't get done, job for tomorrow ?
    Got a bit of sewing and a lot of ironing to do apart from that diddly squat will be done today.
    Hope you all keep safe and warm.
  • Molly41
    Molly41 Posts: 4,919 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Molly, the invitation still stands for the Easter holiday if you feel well enough.

Would love to but my Dad is having an OP on the 2nd of April but still hope so x
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer.
    Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
    I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over and through me. When it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
    When the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
  • save-a-holic
    Options
    Morning all

Halight I agree that you should see your GP if you were close to dialling 999

Still no snow but very cold here. I've developed a tickly cough that I intend to fight with oranges for vitamin c.

Today I will be finishing off the soup that I boiled the gammon for yesterday, more cutting up paper for WI origami and bake some fruit bread. I made 20 almond cookies last night and they're all gone!

Have a great day! :)
    Lightbulb moment: -£9,954.31 Current Debt: £0

It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
  • craigywv
    craigywv Posts: 2,342 Forumite
    Options
    morning all sunny but snow lying on ground its went all crispy. Halight soory to hear about your pains hope it eases. wash done and drying over clothes horse dinner prepped lamb steaks stuffing,potatoes creamed, crrots, peas and butter beans and gravy with strawberries and cream for afters wanted itall done early as tired this morning. have a good day all xxx
    C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z #7 member N.I splinter-group co-ordinater :p I dont suffer from insanity....I enjoy every minute of it!!.:)
  • miss_emmajane
    Options
    Morning all :)

halight - you should go and see your GP this week and see if they can help you, musn't be very nice at all.

Woke up at 6.30am this morning which is the time I normally set out for work so I suppose that is a little lie in! Stayed in bed until nearly 8am and got up to clean downstairs after OH didn't clear away before he came to bed (but granted neither did I, I just thought he would as he came to bed after me) .. so I did that, got a shower, put the first lot of washing in and did an old Rosemary Connely workout DVD ... now OH is making us breakfast so going to chill with him for the rest of the morning.

Hope everyone has a lovely Sunday! xxx
  • Tenyearstogo
    Options
    halight sorry you've had such a bad time. Please see a doctor ASAP.

TTFTM Ha ha, I also had my professional hat on. I meant to say about being prescribed larger doses but forgot. I just see a lot of people who regularly take ibuprofen like paracetamol when it's not prescribed.

House work day for me, got sheets in the WM, kitchen half blitzed so far and then cooking a gammon joint for this evening. I'm working four days next week so I want to get everything done. I only usually work 2 or 3 days so working four messes up my housework regime. I like routine and this messes me up!

Snow has settled a little bit but not enough to cause any disruption. I think DS2 is going out to build a snowman later though.
  • Goldiegirl
    Goldiegirl Posts: 8,805 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler Hung up my suit!
    Options
    Good morning, and another cold one it is too.

We had a little snow overnight and there are some small flaskes in the wind now, but nothing at all like it's been further north.

I don't want to tempt fate and say we've escaped the worst...... the way this winter is going it'll still be snowing in May !

Not much planned for today, just stsying in and keeping warm.

Dinner today is slightly unusual for a Sunday. I'm doing Salmon quiche. In a couple of weeks we have some friends coming for lunch. She doesn't eat meat, but does eat fish, so I like to try and find something different each time she visits, otherwise I just serve up fish pie or grilled salmon. So I'm trying out the salmon quiche, if it doesn't work, it'll be back to the trusty old fish pie!

Have a good day
    Early retired - 18th December 2014
    If your dreams don't scare you, they're not big enough
  • donny-gal
    donny-gal Posts: 4,654 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning all :wave:

Got up at 8 to catch most of the GP without the waffle ;)

nannygladys Thanks, Skye she is 11 month now and starting to get her Adult shape, think we were very lucky with her.

LW enjoy Mary. Do you do part days? As I know DH wants to go around Bletchley Park and don't think they allow dogs.

Today I have a couple of chicken, "chip shop" pies from Aldi:o so. Might go the whole hog with oven chips and tinned mushy peas, just to make a change.

Bedding on airer/radiators, still catching up.:eek:

DH just off down the lane with Skye.

(((Hugs))) all round - Headlight get to the quack. Take care DG
    Member #8 of the SKI-ers Club
    Why is it I have less time now I am retired then when I worked?
  • Rage_in_Eden
    Options
    halight - I wouldn't wait to see a GP, is there a walk in centre near you? If not frankly A&E. If you felt you needed to ring an ambulance then it obviously warrants immediate attention.... DO IT!

No snow here so I am very jealous of you who have it. Not to say it hasn't been snowing - it's fairly constant - but it's so light and ground is already damp so it's not really sticking. We got about 1/2 inch on Fri/Sat night but .......

Upped my dose of meds and have had the expected side effects. In fact my GP said to treble it but after taking two doses I was feeling rough so have fallen back to a doubling and then will increase to the third dose when I feel "with it". Very tired so thankfully I had made the Saturday curry on Friday so we could have that last night. Today will be either a full roast dinner using the two chicken breasts we got yesterday OR the nut roast in the cupboard. I'm inclinced to freeze the chicken and then use it for two separate meals but we will see..... Crumble for afters....... Nothing planned for today either just a lazy Palm Sunday so lots of reading, stitching and probably sleeping.

I hope everyone else has a nice day! I will be watching the snow laden sky here and hoping it deposits large amounts.....
    But I'm going to say this once, and once only, Gene. Stay out of Camberwick Green :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure