Farmfoods, more bargains.

Options

Comments

• recovering_spendaholic
    Options
    I know - went yesterday! Also the Youngs extra large fish fillets in bubbly batter are only £1 for 2, and the Ben and Jerry's chocolate brownie frozen yoghurt is 2 tubs for £2.50. The Panbello (dr oetker) pizzas are only £1 each, as are the twin pack Chicago Town individual pizzas.

I really like Farmfoods - sure they sell loads of processed stuff which may not be the best for you but they also have great value frozen veg, dry goods, bread, milk, dried pasta, rice and tinned staples like beans.
    Jane

ENDIS. Employed, no disposable income or savings!
  • hgotsparkle
    hgotsparkle Posts: 1,282 Forumite
    Options
    As farmfoods can sell branded goods so cheaply, it does make you wonder about mark ups in other stores.
    Really impressed with the ben & jerrys offer though!! They're usually £2.50 each on offer at Tesco, if they're ever on offer...
  • citykid5
    citykid5 Posts: 821 Forumite
    Options
    Realy friendly and helpfull staff too ��
  • peewhyeff
    peewhyeff Posts: 1,190 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Pack of 5 Penguin cake bars for 39p.
  • TravellingAbuela
    Options
    Of all the frozen food they sell I only buy the Summer Fruits. £1 a bag and, when they do the 3 for 2 offer on them, I really stock up on them.

I am, however, a fan of their fresh produce. Currently 500g grapes £1 and 10 oranges £1. Love their Italian salad leaves too for around 70p (forget exactly how much!). Their fresh Best Lean Beef Mince, 2 x 500g packs for £5, is excellent value too.
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,593 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Of all the frozen food they sell I only buy the Summer Fruits. £1 a bag and, when they do the 3 for 2 offer on them, I really stock up on them.

I am, however, a fan of their fresh produce. Currently 500g grapes £1 and 10 oranges £1. Love their Italian salad leaves too for around 70p (forget exactly how much!). Their fresh Best Lean Beef Mince, 2 x 500g packs for £5, is excellent value too.

Like all shops you have to be selective whether it's to avoid processed food or get good value for money.

I've been pleased with their fresh produce too, good addition to the range. I bought many of their large bags of potatoes during the winter, especially when Maris Piper.

I used to buy their frozen fish (plain cod or haddock) but since bags have shrunk it's not such good value. Now I go to Iceland instead, similar price but bigger pieces.

My favourite in the frozen veg is the cut leeks. They're excellent value, no waste and saves time prepping. Great for adding to soups and casseroles.

Always buy the Nicky toilet rolls and kitchen roll and Branston beans (our favourite) are always 3 for £1.
  • meg72
    meg72 Posts: 5,164 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options

Thanks for this didn't know they did summer fruits for £1, was paying 1.79 in asda and then switched to aldi 1.49 but £1 sounds great.
    Slimming World at target
  • EycplUK
    EycplUK Posts: 777 Forumite
    Options
    Tried the "Authentic" Chinese Chow Mein and must admit this is the only bad buy we have had fro FF ! absolutely Vile ! tasted like string , the meat bit was lacking in both quantity and taste , well no taste actually ! 2 forkfuls and into the bin it went , never again !
    A Bast**d I May Be ! I Was Born One !
    Whats Your Excuse ?
  • EycplUK
    EycplUK Posts: 777 Forumite
    Options
    Chow Mein at FF ):
    Tried the "Authentic" Chinese Chow Mein and must admit this is the only bad buy we have had fro FF ! absolutely Vile ! tasted like string , the meat bit was lacking in both quantity and taste , well no taste actually ! 2 forkfuls and into the bin it went , never again ! give this one a miss if tempted by the £1 price tag !
    A Bast**d I May Be ! I Was Born One !
    Whats Your Excuse ?
  • sheilavw
    sheilavw Posts: 1,603 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    The penguin cake bars were down to 19p in our Burnley store monday
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income