Credit Card Fraud involving Blizzard Entertainment

Options

Comments

• b6c86
    b6c86 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    I noticed the same type of charges. Wife also made a purcahse from JASCO on 6-15-07 and on 06-18-07 the following showed up:

6/18/2007 Point of Sale POS WORLD OF WARCRAFT CDKE VELIZY FR $26.78

I was wondering what my wife was doing buying WOW, as neither of us is a WOW fan, and did a search on the name "WORLD OF WARCRAFT CDKE VELIZY FR ", and I hit your (TrainWrecks) post. It was the only search result returned by GOOGLE. Thank you so much for taking time to post what you did. It alerted us in a very timely fashion. :T

Interesting note: If you do the search for "WORLD OF WARCRAFT CDKEY VELIZY FR ", using cdkey instead of cdke the results are multiple and dense and I would not have found your post. Cheers. I subscribe to the theory that there are no accidents. Your post once again reinforces my beliefs.

To all you others - post your information. You never know what little item will help someone else!

Cheers,
    Doc :rotfl:
    6/18/07 Purchase NC SOFT NC 1 512 225 6359 NYUS $29.99
    6/20/07 Purchase WORLD OF WARCRAFT CDKEY WORLD OF WARCRAFT VELIZY F $27.11
    6/21/07 Purchase BLIZZARD-ENT*ELECUPERD BLIZZARD-ENT*ELECU 800-592$19.99
    6/21/07 Purchase BLIZZARD-ENT*ELECUPERD BLIZZARD-ENT*ELECU 800-592
    $21.19

For a grand total of $152.50 in fraudulent charges to my card.
    :eek:
  • monascreema
    Options
    I as well have fraudulent charges on my account from blizzard and warcraft. I have never even heard of it before this incident. On the same day my card was charged 19.99 three times by Blizzard Ent. I mean if thats not a RED FLAG to them I dont know what is! As well, I was charged and additional 26.92 from "WarCraft" and .27 for debit card usage. I never use my card for debit purchases. I contacted the credit card company who cancelled my card. I cannot speak with anyone from Blizzard.Warcraft until Monday same story with the bank. I did in fact order scrubs from Jasco on June 16th which I have never ordered from them before. I do a lot of online shopping and never had this issue. I suspect my information was retrieved from their website. So as of now i've had a total of 87.16 taken out of my bank account. I want to be able to find out who is responsible for this and hope that joined efforts between my bank and blizzard will be succesful. Sorry to whom ever maybe going through this as well, its not a good feeling. :(
  • monascreema
    Options
    I contacted Jasco and spoke with "James". I was told that their website is fully secured and will look into the incident. There are several of us whom have been vicitims of internet fraud after using the Jasco website to order scrubs. I was also assured that a supervisor will be notified and I should receive a call from this person. I suggest that others call Jasco and let them know how they may have possibly compromised your information as well. 1-800-222-4445
  • findingnemo_2
    Options
    My V card had 6 fraudulent charges-all made by Blizzard Ent. I called the CC company and was referred to Blizzard. I called Blizzard and was told that I would need to file fraudulent charges. Called the CC company back and they are sending forms for me to fill out. They have canceled my CC and are issuing a new one. Everyone needs to watch their CC statement closely for weird charges and company names.:cool:
  • mediclavina
    Options
    My debit card got fraudulently charged 3 times on June 20 from Blizzard.
    I got a question to all of you guys...What internet browser are you guys using? I'm using Firefox.
  • jo_spino
    Options
    I was also hit by Blizzard, NC Soft, and CINTAS NAD. I searched for blizzard and got this site. I called Blizzard and they wouldn't put me through to the fraud department. One of the other charges is affiliated with Blizzard - either NC Soft or Cintas. The woman told me the person who did this provided them with answers to 4 personal questions on my account. this is my debit card and is tied into a Visa account. The only people/company that would have that type of info would be the Visa company affiliated with my bank, PNC. My web browser is IE. I also had a $1.00 charge from France. This has never happened to me before, but I think that Blizzard should be more stringent with their sales.
  • mediclavina
    Options
    ...they are probably the result of a **credit master attack** Basically each card product that is issued by a company is issued in a sequence ... Ie - the first 8 digits of the card number are the same, the next 8 digits can be different (normally the last 6), - If a fraudster is able to crack the sequence, they are able to attempt fraudulent transactions on a mass scale. Your card does not have to be compromised directly, it may just be that your card was part of the sequence...

I think this is absolutely impossible, because no degree of math tricks could guess the full name and billing address of the card owner in addition to the figures imprinted on a credit card.

One possible method to collect all the necessary info is when a person taking your payment asks for your ID (which contain your address) and swipes your credit card for you.
  • krh142
    krh142 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    hello,

I have an account with capital one in the usa, and on june 24th, i was charged for the following: 6/24/2007 BLIZZARD-ENT*ELECUPGRD, 800-592-5499 , CA $19.99 6/24/2007 BLIZZARD-ENT*ELECUPGRD, 800-592-5499 , CA $19.99 6/24/2007 BLIZZARD-ENT*ELECUPGRD, 800-592-5499 , CA $19.99
    thankfully it was a visa card, and i am ging to get the numbers changed. not sure where i could have used it. I was on vacation at the time, the last charge was from a restaurant my family and I ate at for lunch. Having said that, this is the card I use to purchase things online, and I have purchased things from many sources. Some I liek to talk about, others I don't if u get my drift. (ie !!!!!!) Obviously, tracing which site the person got the info from will be very difficult, if not impossible.

To add to another persons query earlier (mediclavina), I too was using firefox, version 2.0.0.4.

additionally, I do not own the WoW game or have an account with blizzard.
    I wonder how it happened? I sure hope we can get to the bottom of it.
  • black-saturn
    black-saturn Posts: 13,937 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I've just had a letter from my bank saying that the fraudulent transactions were linked to the same company as Vista Print. I ordered some "free" business cards from them (just had to pay P&P) and since then they have been taking about £10 a month from my account.
    2008 Comping Challenge
    Won so far - £3010 Needed - £230
    Debt free since Oct 2004
  • mediclavina
    Options
    How is it possible?

1) The only times I used my card for online transactions (for the past 6 months) was with Western Union, Radio Shack, Hewlett-Packard, and FreeTaxUSA. Please let me know if you guys had any online transactions with any of these known companies.

2) It is also possible that locally available stores with branches (or partners) nationwide got their customer database hacked. Have you guys purchased from Circuit City or Best Buy? I know they also collect customer (billing) addresses as that's what they did the first time I purchased from them using a card.

3) Another possible thing is keylogger or spyware. I'm still trying to find any spyware that my antivirus/antispyware softwares could have missed.
    Are you all using Windows operating system in your computers? Any Mac users here?

I'm asking these questions to determine a common denominator. Hope you guys don't mind.

I also had problem connecting to this site last night until early this morning. There is a possibility that the culprit was trying to take this site down.

This fraud could be more sophisticated than we think.

Do you guys know a quick way to get the fed involved in cracking down of this fraud?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure