Credit Card Fraud involving Blizzard Entertainment

Options
1141516171820»

Comments

• JenniferEvette69
    Options
    Captains Wife: my husband and I would like to Join your class-action lawsuit for the neglectful actions of Blizzard Entertainment. Unethical business practices. Years later and the same thing is STILL happening. Enforcement / Charges / Fines need to be forced by our Govt watchdogs on Blizzard.
  • auguy
    auguy Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    Somehow someway someone got a hold of my debit card account number & expiration date and made over 25 charges to NC Soft and Blizzard Entertaiment/WOW.

There were over 20 charges alone for subscription fees made within two months. You would think Blizzard would have noticed that the same account number was being used to for monthly subscription fees!!!

Fortunately I was able to recoup all my money, but to those who say Blizzard is a reputable company I say !!!!!!!!!! If they were they would have better security in place to catch people who use stolen credit cards. And they wouldn't simply toss out stupid answers when you inform them of fraud. I received an email stating, "Perhaps your friends or a relative used your card!"

They could cease over 90% of their fraud cases if they would verify the following information:

1) The caller's address matches the address on the card
    2) Make sure the caller has the CVC number on the back of the card
    3) Flag any account number that comes in more than twice a month.
    4) Question any american credit/debit card that is being used from a foreign country.

Quite easy and simple:mad: . I lost over $1,000. Fortunately I was able to recoup my losses but I wonder how many people do NOT recoup their losses

Hi, I am also the victim of the same. Can you please tell me how did you get back your money through bank? I would really really appreciate your help. Thanks in advance.
  • grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Call your CC company and report fraudulent transactions?
  • Fruit_and_Nut_Case
    Options
    Interesting thread this. Started May 2007, still going on.
    Are you for real? - Glass Half Empty??
    :coffee:
  • John_Pierpoint
    John_Pierpoint Posts: 8,391 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 25 July 2014 at 2:45PM
    Options
    Captains Wife: my husband and I would like to Join your class-action lawsuit for the neglectful actions of Blizzard Entertainment. Unethical business practices. Years later and the same thing is STILL happening. Enforcement / Charges / Fines need to be forced by our Govt watchdogs on Blizzard.

Now which government would that be the Scottish one? The English one? The one in USA? Some agency in the EU? The United Nations ?
    Margaret Hodge MP ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blizzard_Entertainment

ImageProxy.mvc?bicild=&canary=7gq%2b6kmFnBd1klete8RRVB%2bvANb%2ba5gyt5NIp8x0428%3d0&url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.booksbykimberly.com%2fSoapBoxQueens%2fTheSoapboxQueens-CallStory_files%2fpig_flies.gif
  • d70cw6
    d70cw6 Posts: 784 Forumite
    Options
    burning question is have you all killed garrosh or not?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure