Daligas

Options

Comments

• KGriff
    KGriff Posts: 185 Forumite
    edited 31 May 2015 at 11:52PM
    Options
    I recently joined Daligas from Zog Energy (Zog were very good by the way) ... Daligas initially set my DD to £36.69 and I phoned them and asked them to change the DD to a round figure of £40 per month, which the helpful girl in customer services said was not a problem.

For some reason they have now set the DD to £40.01, so I am trying to find out why that is... So just a few teething issues so far.

It's true, submitting meter readings to them is a nuisance and they ask for too much detail each time.

I reckon they will sort these issues, as they grow as a company.

It is still early days and I will report back my experiences and let you know how I get on with this new supplier.
  • MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I have been with Daligas for about 3 months now and no problem. Switch went well even though I did not sign their terms and conditions.

They invoice me each month and the dd is taken on the 1st of each month and so far no problems there. Also just got my £15 cash back.
  • footyguy
    footyguy Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 16 July 2015 at 11:17AM
    Options
    MABLE wrote: »
    I have been with Daligas for about 3 months now and no problem...

I'm sure you said earlier that the switch happened on 01 June 2015 - I make that only about 6 weeks ago
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=68493477&postcount=73

It was only 2 weeks before that date (so 2 months ago) that you posted how happy you were with nPower supplying your gas
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=68395101&postcount=281

:cool:

(See also post#283 of that thread)
  • alismore
    alismore Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 25 August 2015 at 7:54PM
    Options
    So Mad and Upset with Daligas!!!]Signed up a year ago..no problems till mid year when they contacted myself to say id cancelled DD.
    I checked i hadnt THEY had..reinstated DD with bank and THEY cancelled once again. Contacted them and requested and returned DD form the same day(this went on for 3 mths)
    Contacted by phone & email numerous times ,was informed it would be sorted. ,In December still no money gone from account again contacted ..was informed need a new tariff as old one now expired.
    Ok i said now please sort out my payments which were £80 a mth ( cheaper than Bgas)!
    In Feb after 7 phone calls and weekly emails i was informed i owed £800!!! in arrears.
    Contacted again and was informed to pay back £100 a mth for arrears + £87 in gas. I insisted that it was to be spread over 1 yr as none of this was my fault. Ok was told BUT too late to cancel DD for that mth so i would need to pay £187!(new payment should have been £60 for arrears. Next mth arrived and £187 was taken from account. Contacted again through email had to send 4 times to get a response.Told again too late to cancel DD but defo be sorted by August THEY HAD HAD 4 WEEKS TO CANCEL and change payment details. Now we are here at this mth and again and £187 taken once again. Dont know where i stand with all this!
    HELP
  • Hoof_Hearted
    Hoof_Hearted Posts: 2,361 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    If you knew they were not taking the payments, why didn't you put that money aside? It was bound to be requested at some time. However, sending debt collectors is not on at all.

They are a decent company but you do need to be on top of things, e.g. monitor your own gas usage and billing, as they don't have an online account system. I send monthly readings and make sure I check where I am using a simple spreadsheet.
    Je suis sabot...
  • Aquamania
    Aquamania Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    Options
    alismore wrote: »
    So Mad and Upset with Daligas!!!]Signed up a year ago..no problems till mid year when they contacted myself to say id cancelled DD.
    I checked i hadnt THEY had..reinstated DD with bank and THEY cancelled once again. Contacted them and requested and returned DD form the same day(this went on for 3 mths)
    Contacted by phone & email numerous times ,was informed it would be sorted. ,In December still no money gone from account again contacted ..was informed need a new tariff as old one now expired.
    Ok i said now please sort out my payments which were £80 a mth ( cheaper than Bgas)!
    In Feb after 7 phone calls and weekly emails i was informed i owed £800!!! in arrears.
    Contacted again and was informed to pay back £100 a mth for arrears + £87 in gas. I insisted that it was to be spread over 1 yr as none of this was my fault. Ok was told BUT too late to cancel DD for that mth so i would need to pay £187!(new payment should have been £60 for arrears. Next mth arrived and £187 was taken from account. Contacted again through email had to send 4 times to get a response.Told again too late to cancel DD but defo be sorted by August THEY HAD HAD 4 WEEKS TO CANCEL and change payment details. Now we are here at this mth and again and £187 taken once again. Dont know where i stand with all this!
    HELP

Some mistake here surely.

The only method I am aware of that a service provider may cancel a DD is by using transaction code 19 - final collection.

If this is used, the bank will then cancel the DD. There should be no way a payer can reinstate a DD direct with their bank in such situation as a new mandate must be created. i.e the service provider must obtain express permission from the payer to create a new mandate and then the service provider will lodge such mandate with the paying bank. It would need a new ID number from the service provider as the paying bank should refuse any such mandate under the old number as that mandate would have been cancelled.

Where a service provider contacts a payer to state a DD mandate has been cancelled, that is usually because the service provider was contacted by the paying bank through one of the DD systems that the mandate has been cancelled; such notification obviously does not go to a service provider if it was the service provider themself that effectively caused the cancellation by use of transaction code 19.

I would start with a formal, written complaint to your bank asking for full and complete details of what happened, when and why. Be persistent as in my experience, many bank staff (including complaints handlers) do not really understand the full rules and associated processes of the Direct Debit System, but if you are persistent then your complaint should eventually be addressed by someone there that is fully conversant with the DD system.
  • Maxwell007
    Options
    daligas are super cheap but i'm not feeling the reviews and there lack of online readings/payment or anything !?
    do I take a gamble they cant be worst then EE !?!?!
    there £15 cash back which is good . . . .
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    How cheap is this super cheap ??
  • Maxwell007
    Options
    This cheap . . .
    Daligas One (FIX12)
    Monthly Direct Debit £40
    Unit rate 3.035p per kWh
    Standing charge 8.400p per day