Daligas

Options

Comments

• Muttley007
    Options
    The original question was about Daligas NOT the ombudsman!
  • pooch
    pooch Posts: 828 Forumite
    edited 20 October 2013 at 10:59AM
    Options
    Muttley007 wrote: »
    The original question was about Daligas NOT the ombudsman!

You went to all the trouble of creating a new account just to dig up a 6 month old thread??? :eek:

If you really had any interest in Daligas, there was a much more recent thread giving feedback on them here:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4587017

;)
  • gasdancer
    Options
    Mourg wrote: »
    Hi,

Just joined to ask about this new supplier I came across called, Daligas. Has anyone heard of them or has any experience? I'm asking cause the prices look quite competitive and they have a very straight-forward way of working out charges - hence it caught my attention as my current supplier (Scottish Power) has raised prices beyond belief.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Hi I too have been looking into Daligas as switching from e-on , however although they look good (cheap) my main concern would be at the end of the 12month period or infact during that time and your account perhaps being in credit what reassurance would there be of a refund if one wanted to switch or what protection is there to guarantee that your credit is carried forward towards your next bill ?
    I'm also looking into Green Star too they seem very agreeable ?
  • bubieyehyeh
    Options
    Been with them a couple months and been very impressed.
  • jobdone1
    jobdone1 Posts: 841 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    dude89 wrote: »
    Though if the prices are correct they are coming out cheapest for average usage for my area. But they are not on comparison websites

Edit: they are appearing on energylinx and are at the top my £30 for average usage in my area

They are on u switch website if you select gas only NOT dual fuel.
  • Voyager2002
    Voyager2002 Posts: 15,335 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    gasdancer wrote: »
    Mourg wrote: »

Hi I too have been looking into Daligas as switching from e-on , however although they look good (cheap) my main concern would be at the end of the 12month period or infact during that time and your account perhaps being in credit what reassurance would there be of a refund if one wanted to switch or what protection is there to guarantee that your credit is carried forward towards your next bill ?
    I'm also looking into Green Star too they seem very agreeable ?

As with any supplier, there is an obligation to refund any remaining credit when the account is closed. Should there be any difficulty with this, I think I would approach my bank and invoke the direct debit guarantee...

I switched to Daligas a few months ago, and have no strong feelings about them. Everything went smoothly and I did not have any surprises (pleasant or otherwise).
  • gasdancer wrote: »

As with any supplier, there is an obligation to refund any remaining credit when the account is closed. Should there be any difficulty with this, I think I would approach my bank and invoke the direct debit guarantee...

How would the bank help you achieve this? I can't see a connection between a DD guarantee and a credit balance buildup?
  • Hazzanet
    Hazzanet Posts: 1,713 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options

The DD guarantee is only any good to you if they've made an error in the collection of an agreed DD.
  • Xenon
    Xenon Posts: 237 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Have just signed up with Daligas (from ScottishPower)

Has been smooth so far - E-mail response,payment dates etc etc

Like the idea of cancelling without charge anytime

Will see how it goes.
  • gasdancer
    Options
    Xenon wrote: »
    Have just signed up with Daligas (from ScottishPower)

Has been smooth so far - E-mail response,payment dates etc etc

Like the idea of cancelling without charge anytime

Will see how it goes.
    Good luck keep us posted !!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business